Lamborghini Talk banner
341 - 360 of 398 Posts

·
Registered
2011 LP560-4 Spyder / Blu Fontus
468 Posts
Mine is still in the unopened box (I won't install it until I'm confident I'm driving the car properly) and then see the difference. I read the above article and instantly think it's 100% scientifically correct and I'm sending it back....... then go down and read the comments - Especially the one from VMAXBABY and then I change my mind again. I'll just try it. It seems the Vast majority of users DON'T CARE ABOUT SCIENTIFIC DETAILS, they just feel an enhanced driving experience in a Positive sense, and I'd think that is all that really matters. Geez, WHY would someone (outbackjoe) go through all that trouble to Bash a product when so many people rave about it .....?? Plus, the Sprint Booster has such a VAST number of applications it probably has different effects on different cars... the effect may be much more dramatic on a Lambo vs. a Ford Focus. What other $300 toss of the dice mod can you do for these cars? It's $700 for a good set of paddle shifters !!
VMAXBABY said: I find it funny that every youtube video I watch with one installed has been positive. Now if it was 3 video’s I would say they were paid employee’s but there is 10x that many video’s in all type of cars and trucks. From watching all the video’s what I have learned is how much faster it opens the TB and it opens at 100% or as close to that as possible. So if your in a car (all cars are tuned different) and you stand on the go pedal the ECU knows you want full throttle BUT you don’t get it you get 70% for the first 1 to 2 seconds, than if your still on the floor with the pedal the ECU is programmed to give you more and more ( so the code has been told if they stand on it for more than 4 seconds I guess they want more power so open the TB more and more) With old school carbs if you mash it you get 100% open and just hope your pointing the car straight so to speak. With drive by wire the computer is programmed (maybe for safely reasons, maybe for better fuel mileage to not give you 100% even if your foot is to the floor. I have a custom tune on a Shelby GT500 and one of the things that gets remapped to the ECU is TB response but that is done by the tuner so really you won’t need a Booster if your car was custom tuned because a tuner is making that adjustment. Problem with a custom tune is if you car is new than you walk away from you warranty because you made a change to the ECU. So the sprint booster doesn’t add HP but it lets you get the blades open faster and at 100% so you get all the HP you paid for, without standing on the gas pedal for 10 seconds. And it installs and uninstalls in minutes so no warranty issue because they don’t know you have it installed if you take it out. Some cars might give you 100% TB opening right away ( Viper, Z06, HellCat, etc.) but most vehicles the 100% fully open doesn’t happen just because you have it floored it. Your article is very technical and your theory I am sure is scientific, and no doubt you are smart, but the fact you can open the TB wide open in micro seconds instead of waiting 3 seconds is a plus. The companies I see selling them all have a 30 day warranty so a person could send it back just like you stated. But with companies like FlowMaster who makes them, Sprint Box, Pedal Commander, and the hunderd youtube video’s out there they all can’t be wrong. If you tune your car you don’t need it the tuner will adjust that like I stated above but for those that don’t get a custom this will do what it claims which is open TB blades 100% in micro seconds and ignore that the ECU wants you to wait 3 seconds for full TB opening.

·
Registered
35 Posts
BTW, I found this website after posting the above.

I think it explains the advantages and problems of a Sprint Booster very well, from more angles than discussed in this forum thread.

I will always be amazed how people that don't own a product , seem to know everything about it. That white page link you posted has been debunked 100's of times by people. It is literally the ONLY write up that claims it doesn't work. Out of millions of units sold, you're going to listen to one self-proclaimed genius that bashes a product. Do you know Outback Joe? Then why quote someone without knowing their qualifications.

Let me explain to everyone why and how Sprint Booster works:

.Scientific data

It is a fancy power convertor. The low voltage going to power the throttle body is the same low voltage leaving your ECU. What happens when you have low voltage moving a DC motor? It moves slow. How do you make sure the throttle blade is moving at the same speed as your foot depressing the pedal? You increase the voltage so that it is more linear from 0-100%
You CANNOT just stomp the gas and expect the same results. It is mechanically impossible when you are using the low voltage being provided. You cannot change voltage output on the ECU. Your ECU is designed to work on lower volts, just like your home computer or laptop. Can you increase the voltage to your windshield wipers? no Can you increase the voltage to your taillights? no. There are relays that are being used because the voltage controlling the activation is low. A relay uses the low voltage to kick over a relay that brings in the 12-14v needed for said component. The DC motor in our cars is seeing low voltage. Increase that voltage and voila, you have better throttle response with 100% throttle modulation at the same speed as your foot pressing down.

I am an engineer. I know how it works and it works GREAT! I spoke to the guys at Sprint Booster and they explained it exactly what I said above.

Go to the source next time for information.

I suggest you try one before quoting other peoples false narratives and outrages claims.

You couldn't pay me to take mine out. Point blank. .
BTW, I found this website after posting the above.

I think it explains the advantages and problems of a Sprint Booster very well, from more angles than discussed in this forum thread.

·
Vendor
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #343 ·
Ordered my Booster from Jason early morning on Thursday and couldn't believe it when I came home on Fri. 4pm, and there it was (figured I wouldn't get it until after the weekend). Didn't install it yet only because I've only driven the car twice, without it, and maybe a few more times just so I can get the feel for the difference it makes once I do !!
I appreciate the support and you're going to love it. After you really get used to the car and then put it in, you're going to crap your pants. What many may forget, the Gallardo came out 17 years ago, and thankfully there are things we can do to improve the technology from that time period.

Drive-by-wire sadly slows down the throttle body blade preset speed and hitting the gas faster will not change that. This removes that restriction. I also sell both ecu and tcu tunes, which will make egear faster but won’t fix the throttle. Yes an Ecu tune can help but does it in a different way and is triple the cost.

This shows an easy way to see it

Burtman Industries Sprint Booster for 04-14 Gallardo, 5 year warranty for Lambo-Talk members/express UPS shipping/Covid-19 free!

Reactions: Ripper

·
Registered
468 Posts
So based on all that and the fact the ECU voltage cannot be changed (but the Booster changes it) an ECU tune will nicely compliment the Booster and vice-versa...... they'll work well together, but for now the Booster is a good inexpensive place to start

Reactions: Ripper

·
Registered
45 Posts
Anyone saying sprintboosters and pedal commanders dont work should watch the video two posts above. As mentioned, you could never ever mirror what it does, without it. Smashing the gas will still open the TB to wide open, but it will be much slower. Sprintbooster opens it instantly, and makes for a much more aggressive hit. On my old R8 I had a tcu tune and pedal commander and the car was so damn sharp compared to prior. Does it add power? No. Does it make the car far more reactive and sharp? Yes, 100%. Drive a car with and without it and be blown away. Good luck trying to do the same thing with just your foot.

·
Registered
324 Posts
@Jason B To add to the discussion. Was at a car meet up this AM. Saw a gated V10 R8. The guy had a pedal box. I asked him if he felt it was necessary with the gated. He said. "100% yes!"

He said he keeps it set low but it totally transforms the car and makes it many times more drivable vs the stock config.

So one more real world owner, this time with an actual manual car, that believes in these devices.

·
Vendor
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #347 ·
@Jason B To add to the discussion. Was at a car meet up this AM. Saw a gated V10 R8. The guy had a pedal box. I asked him if he felt it was necessary with the gated. He said. "100% yes!"

He said he keeps it set low but it totally transforms the car and makes it many times more drivable vs the stock config.

So one more real world owner, this time with an actual manual car, that believes in these devices.
Appreciate the feedback, very cool. It actually works even better in a manual/gated car. I'll try to find the posts by gated owners who installed the SB and quote them in here...

I also sell the pedal box, and actually can get about 5 other different brand units that try to do the same thing and don’t. I run the Sprint Booster in my Gallardo and 458. The Sprint booster is patented and just works better. I can put/choose from anything I want in my cars as I'm in the business. I’ve also had the least amount of returns with Sprint Booster out of any of the others. I test everything. I love how thin the Sprint Boosters wire is (allows for easy way to hide it OR you can completely REMOVE the controller after you set it (it will remember you setting in the firmware) for a fully stealth install which can’t be done with other units.

Burtman Industries Sprint Booster for 04-14 Gallardo, 5 year warranty for Lambo-Talk members/express UPS shipping/Covid-19 free!

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
468 Posts
OR you can completely REMOVE the controller after you set it (it will remember you setting in the firmware) for a fully stealth install which can’t be done with other units.

DIDN"T KNOW THAT !! I have mine hidden in that little storage box beneath the 'R' button. So I can disconnect it completely at the white connector and just plug it in to make any changes? The little LED light has nothing to do with it actually being 'on', just a visual aid to verify it ??

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts

Used one in both my R8's which were gated, made a big difference. Also had one on my old car which you now have, even with over 800 hp it felt sluggish when I shut it off. I highly recommend you get one

Reactions: Jason B

·
Registered
324 Posts
Used one in both my R8's which were gated, made a big difference. Also had one on my old car which you now have, even with over 800 hp it felt sluggish when I shut it off. I highly recommend you get one

Yep...big fan for the device. I ordered one on your recommendation alone.

To me the Gallardo NEEDS is. On the Huracan, I can say I could live without it, BUT it does make the car come alive to whatever degree you want it to. The only issue on your old car, is with the supercharger, there is loads of torque down low and if you are not trying to drive hard, it can get into some oscillation feedback unwanted at slow maneuvering speeds if you have it set too high.

As you know, your build was/is over the top. Everyone who sees and rides in it, is blown away. SUPER happy to have gotten it! You have excellent taste. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
Thanks, that car was by far best build I have done. And yea I had t lower the setting after I added supercharge. I took the PB off because a friend wanted it, should of kept it since I then needed to buy one for my Evo.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I rarely ever let anyone else drive my cars (usually do all maintenance myself). I have Sprint Booster and Pedal box on many cars and the Valet mode is nice, but what's even nicer is the 360 degree dashcam I have mounted on my windshield with a note on the rear mirror that says "NOTICE: Audio/Video/Telematics recording in progress" LOL. I've laughed my ass off watching them take my car info the service bay from a parking lot and start off all smug.. then see the rear view mirror as they're backing up and literally see their demeanor change to restraint. Then the rest of the time they're working on the car, seems like the word gets around as others are pretty super careful around it.

·
Vendor
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #353 ·
DIDN"T KNOW THAT !! I have mine hidden in that little storage box beneath the 'R' button. So I can disconnect it completely at the white connector and just plug it in to make any changes? The little LED light has nothing to do with it actually being 'on', just a visual aid to verify it ??
Yep, exactly. You can set it and forget it and no evidence anywhere. For ex, set to red 9, then unplug the controller. The plug remembers the setting in the firmware, even if you battery dies.

Reactions: FontusBluG

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought mine a few days ago. Worth every penny. Hands downs....Best money spent. It does work. Period. Thanks Jason!!

·
Vendor
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #356 ·

·
Vendor
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #358 ·

·
Vendor
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #360 ·