Lamborghini Talk banner

221 - 240 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
There is one bug with the Sprintbooster v2 and v3(i tried both) on the 2004 Gallardo......if I startup the car with the sprintbooster turned on the car goes into limp mode and drives on 2 cylinders........I turn off the car and turn back on then all is good.......the trick I use is keep sprint booster turned off on cold start then turn it on after 2 minute drive

·
Vendor
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #222
G'day from Australia you blokes.

I run an 04 gated manual car and love the 4wd so it's basically stock as a rock. But it pissed me off no end when I got it. Really disappointing. I'm an old bloke and have a bunch of old cars, Fiats, Ferrari's and some other old clunkers. So driving a manual for me is all about double clutching and matching revs on the way through to ensure seamless gear changes, and is part of the thrill of driving getting those shifts perfect every time.

The Lambo was rubbish! Loved the car but hated the drive and totally to do with the lack of throttle response. Especially on the down shifts, I'd double clutch and give the throttle a stab to match revs on the shift through neutral and I'd find that I had completed my double de-clutch and was already into the next gate down before that POS throttle actually lifted the revs at the throttle body.

Never having had a fly by wire car at all it took a while for me to understand just WTF was going on. One day I was reading a 4WD article about an Amarok and the bloke was complaining about the same thing, No throttle control off road to negotiate steep bumpy tracks. Some other character chimed in and gave him the goss regarding throttle control units and his great experience on the Amarok and other cars.

So I sniffed around, found Jason lurking in some dark corner of the internet, sent him some cash and played the waiting game for USPS.

Finally it arrived and took like 25 minutes to fit. Scared the **** out of me on first drive on red three. I played with it for a bit and now run it on green 4 most of the time. I don't need to play boy racer, but on the chosen setting the lag is 100% gone, I can blip the throttle on shifts and get immediate response. It's the way the car should have been delivered.

For real blokes that drive manual cars, not this flappy paddle bull****, you can't go wrong. Best bang for your buck you can ever spend on your G car.

Now, stay in the house so you don't get sick!!!

Or say, bugger it, and drive the wheels off your G.

Hahaha, yea that's the way the car should be. Proper. A proper sports car without that pesky stupid lag. I have to saw I'm officially jealous of that collection. Nice.

Burtman Industries Sprint Booster for 04-14 Gallardo, 5 year warranty for Lambo-Talk members/express UPS shipping/Covid-19 free!

And Gallardom5, shoot me a pm and will help ya out.

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Hi Waz,:wave:

mate you will corrupt other posters on the forum with your aussie speak!:p
cheers,

john

·
Vendor
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #225

·
Registered
62 Posts
I too have installed the Sprintbooster and it has dramatically improved throttle response. It works by basically remapping the drive by wire throttle, so it makes no difference at full throttle or overall power. As everyone else says, the car feels as it should from the factory.

This also results in improved egear shifting speed, reducing the slip time when engaging the clutch, as this is influenced by the rate at which the throttle is depressed.

For the price, there is nothing else you can do that makes such a dramatic improvement, and installation really is 10min without tools.:wave:

·
Registered
136 Posts
So after a few months I finally installed it (home bored with this covid19 crap)

I noticed that when I put the car into gear. the clutch is grabby and makes the car start to roll forward, essentially it is glazing the clutch (which is not good IMO for clutch wear) this is when I just put the car into 1st gear or into reverse....

Same on reverse, it makes the cars clutch grabby if you put into gear and not pressing the gas at all.
I have mine on red 5 and green 5 - same thing - I uninstalled it and back to normal.
I put the car in gear and it does not move or jerk without me pressing the pedal (with delay of course)

my car is a 06 Egear - I also had it set on A/T on the side...….

any thoughts!...

·
Registered
44 Posts
So after a few months I finally installed it (home bored with this covid19 crap)

I noticed that when I put the car into gear. the clutch is grabby and makes the car start to roll forward, essentially it is glazing the clutch (which is not good IMO for clutch wear) this is when I just put the car into 1st gear or into reverse....

Same on reverse, it makes the cars clutch grabby if you put into gear and not pressing the gas at all.
I have mine on red 5 and green 5 - same thing - I uninstalled it and back to normal.
I put the car in gear and it does not move or jerk without me pressing the pedal (with delay of course)

my car is a 06 Egear - I also had it set on A/T on the side...….

any thoughts!...
Maybe your car is idling too high? Might have a vacuum leak or something. I’ve had mine installed and it doesn’t do any of that glazing or slipping beciase my car is idleing right at 1000rpm. Now when I first start it it revs a bit higher and stays there until it warms up some but then drops down to normal. I then put it in reverse out my garage. But no it shouldn’t be moving on it’s own when she’s in gear

·
Registered
136 Posts
Maybe your car is idling too high? Might have a vacuum leak or something. I’ve had mine installed and it doesn’t do any of that glazing or slipping beciase my car is idleing right at 1000rpm. Now when I first start it it revs a bit higher and stays there until it warms up some but then drops down to normal. I then put it in reverse out my garage. But no it shouldn’t be moving on it’s own when she’s in gear
my car idles at the same 1k rpm's when its warm, no issues with tht
never had an issued until I installed the Sprintbooster.

Im wondering if it moved the throttle plate when it goes into gear!

·
Vendor
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #230

·
Registered
15 Posts
2102 LP550-2. Fitted the Sprint Booster this weekend and still playing with the settings to get my ideal set up, but boy what’s difference! 2 modes and 9 settings for each mode so something to suit everyone’s driving style. Even my wife sitting as a passenger said she could tell the difference, mind you that was in Race 7 lol... but really gets rid of the stock lag. Good purchase, will gladly recommend

·
Registered
121 Posts
Bought one from Jason B months ago and just got around to installing it this weekend. Not sure what I was waiting for!

I will paraphrase what many have said... Holy sweet Jesus this thing is night and day different now!! It's like it is awake for the first time. No longer a laggy slouch. Can only say wow now. Can't imagine going back after this. Like literally opening a small box of whoop ass when you get it in the mail

Takes a bit of driving to find the optimal setting for your style. Someone mentioned green 5 for daily and red 5 for spirited. I like this set up. But I know I will find myself in red 5... Or higher more often than "needed". Red 9... Say hello to your ESC cuz you will likely see it kick in with ease, or have more fun shutting it off.

Jason B... Hats off to you with all the purchases I've made. Always a great seller, top notch communication, great prices. Thank you!

Would highly highly recommend this unit. For the money, it very much transforms it like nothing else can, and reinvigorates the smiles we all have driving these cars!

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
136 Posts
155 Gallardo units sold with not one return. It's possible you got an older firmware unit, Please contact me directly :)

Burtman Industries Sprint Booster for 04-14 Gallardo, 5 year warranty for Lambo-Talk members/express UPS shipping/Covid-19 free!

I've now sold these to Hefner performance for customers car as well. It's a gamechanger.
I hope so too, because after driving it for 10 minutes I love the throttle response and the shifting response too.
I hope the firmware is the issue. As I mentioned, I unplugged disconnected it and all is normal with my cal.

As per the members suggestion, I did a leak down test and none at all!

I texted you a picture of the unit and serial #
Please let me know, Looking forward to resolving this!

·
Vendor
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #234
2102 LP550-2. Fitted the Sprint Booster this weekend and still playing with the settings to get my ideal set up, but boy what’s difference! 2 modes and 9 settings for each mode so something to suit everyone’s driving style. Even my wife sitting as a passenger said she could tell the difference, mind you that was in Race 7 lol... but really gets rid of the stock lag. Good purchase, will gladly recommend
Awesome. Yep it's a must and how the Gallardo should have left the factory.

UPDATE, Pre-LP 04-08 owners, the shipment is finally coming in this week I'm hoping and you're units will be shipping soon.

·
Vendor
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #235
Bought one from Jason B months ago and just got around to installing it this weekend. Not sure what I was waiting for!

I will paraphrase what many have said... Holy sweet Jesus this thing is night and day different now!! It's like it is awake for the first time. No longer a laggy slouch. Can only say wow now. Can't imagine going back after this. Like literally opening a small box of whoop ass when you get it in the mail

Takes a bit of driving to find the optimal setting for your style. Someone mentioned green 5 for daily and red 5 for spirited. I like this set up. But I know I will find myself in red 5... Or higher more often than "needed". Red 9... Say hello to your ESC cuz you will likely see it kick in with ease, or have more fun shutting it off.

Jason B... Hats off to you with all the purchases I've made. Always a great seller, top notch communication, great prices. Thank you!

Would highly highly recommend this unit. For the money, it very much transforms it like nothing else can, and reinvigorates the smiles we all have driving these cars!
Really appreciate the post. It's posts like these that really let me enjoy what I do. I'm glad you like it.

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
As those of you have purchased a sprint booster V3 may have found out, well I certainly have, one of the benefits is much more positive reversing, let alone all the positive benefits of instant accelerator/engine response when proceeding forward from a stationary position.

The normal e-gear mantra is not to reverse wherever possible and definitely not on hills as this will cause unnecessary wear on your e-gear clutch. This is due to the normal 'laggy' accelerator and so you never know how the car/engine will respond and how fast you will go in reverse resulting in a tentative accelerator approach to reversing. Of course the tentative accelerator response leads to a less than positive clutch engagement and corresponding clutch slipping and wear on the clutch plates. I certainly found this.:eek:

With the sprint booster you get instant throttle response and engagement of the clutch in reverse, giving you a lot more confidence on your reversing.:)

Of course this benefit reversing applies, once you have readjusted your 'feel' of the accelerator with the sprint booster.

Just my two cents worth,
cheers,
john

·
Vendor
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #237
As those of you have purchased a sprint booster V3 may have found out, well I certainly have, one of the benefits is much more positive reversing, let alone all the positive benefits of instant accelerator/engine response when proceeding forward from a stationary position.

The normal e-gear mantra is not to reverse wherever possible and definitely not on hills as this will cause unnecessary wear on your e-gear clutch. This is due to the normal 'laggy' accelerator and so you never know how the car/engine will respond and how fast you will go in reverse resulting in a tentative accelerator approach to reversing. Of course the tentative accelerator response leads to a less than positive clutch engagement and corresponding clutch slipping and wear on the clutch plates. I certainly found this.:eek:

With the sprint booster you get instant throttle response and engagement of the clutch in reverse, giving you a lot more confidence on your reversing.:)

Of course this benefit reversing applies, once you have readjusted your 'feel' of the accelerator with the sprint booster.

Just my two cents worth,
cheers,
john
Thanks! You know I always forget to mention that. Another positive feature for these cars. This is especially bad on pre lp cars with reverse and the Sprint Booster makes it much easier.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just bought a sprint booster from Jason. He is super knowledgeable! Gonna install it in the next few days, will let you guys know how it feels. :)

·
Vendor
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #239 (Edited)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sprint Booster for 04-14 Gallardo and LP, installed! I love it. Video attached

My previous owner, who's on this forum, had this installed before I bought the car. I've also been a dealer for Sprint Booster for over 10 years and have installed them in my own cars. Not every make car benefits as well as others, but there is serious delay in the gas pedal in these cars due to the drive by wire. You may not even realize it, but it's there. I've sold these for Toyoto's, Porsche's, you name it.

When I got the car, I had it turned off for a week as I wanted to see the car in it's natural state. Starting out from a stop in these cars isn't always easy, but I got used to it for a week, then turned on the Sprint Booster. It's freaking a night and day difference! And, if you ever let someone else drive your car (wife, gf, friend) whoever, they aren't going to fry the clutch with this. I can't go back to stock now that I turned it on.

If you watch the video, you'll see foot on the pedal revving, then see the rpm's as they are behind by quite a bit, then sprint booster on, instant response. These have recently been tweaked and updated for our cars, and idle is perfect and you don't know it's there until you hit the gas and feel how much quicker things are.

As I said, I'm a dealer for these as well and don't mind helping the community out. They normally go for around $299, but I'll do less and knock some off for you guys because I love it and want others to see what it does.

Order here:

Burtman Industries Sprint Booster for 04-14 Lamborghini, on sale for Lambo talk members

Edit, watch this new video to see exactly what this does!

Just ordered and can’t wait to install on my Gallardo!

221 - 240 of 241 Posts