Lamborghini Talk banner

201 - 220 of 241 Posts

·
Vendor
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
I've been ordering these from Jason for over a year now and have put these in many vehicles we service. I had this on my gallardo before I sold it and we recommend it for longer clutch life. Keep up the good work J
Yep! Thanks for chiming in. Less slipping of the clutch = longer life. I'm working on the Mclaren units now and have Ferrari finally done and ready. Let me know if you have any F car or Mclaren guys that want to try it.

Burtman Industries Sprint Booster for 04-14 Gallardo, 5 year warranty for Lambo-Talk members & express UPS shipping!

·
Vendor
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #202
I put this in my 2013 Gallardo Spyder 540-2 (Rear Wheel Drive), and its amazing. This is how the Gallardo should have been from day 1. Don't think I can ever go back to stock after this. As far as wheels spinning it all depends how much you press the pedal down and turn into corners. No issues though for me to drive it, and it feels nice for the wheels to slightly slip. The ability to control what you want in terms of modes/response is excellent. Makes me want to put this in all my cars.
Awesome. It's nuts the difference it makes. I do have them for any car made after 2003 now.

Burtman Industries Sprint Booster for 04-14 Gallardo, 5 year warranty for Lambo-Talk members & express UPS shipping!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Installed

Just got mine installed on my 2013 LP-550, anyone that didn't break the two clips holding on the pedal to the floor is a stud! As I was very careful to pull straight up and still failed. However, if you do break them, easy fix, I just used gorilla tape to make the two male studs fatter to fit snug back into the clips then tighten the 10mm bolt back in and all set. Oh, and the most important thing..... YES thing is amazing, response on 5 Red feels great. Will adjust to find my sweet spot today, thanks Jason B!

·
Vendor
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #204

·
Registered
2 Posts
I purchased a 2004 Gallardo recently with only 7,500 miles on it and this is one of my first mods - the great reviews along with Jason's information are compelling! Looking forward to receiving my Sprint Booster soon.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Read through the first 10 pages then skipped to the end so if this was already addressed I am sorry.

Will this do anything for a 2008 Twin turbo Gallardo? I don't have ANY throttle response problems and the car is fast as hell. I have a gated manual shifter.

·
Vendor
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #207
Read through the first 10 pages then skipped to the end so if this was already addressed I am sorry.

Will this do anything for a 2008 Twin turbo Gallardo? I don't have ANY throttle response problems and the car is fast as hell. I have a gated manual shifter.
It will make what is already fast, faster... If you don't like it, no problem, you can send back no questions. :) You can call/text me at 717-319-2100 if you have another other questions or to order over the phone.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Guys! With the Sprint Booster, I'm Concerned with any of the Check Engine Lightd coming on or Throttle Surges in Idle?? I have an 08 Gallardo Spyder. My Clutch doesn't have to much Life Left & I have Definitely Mastered the Clutch, On Starts though it is still difficult & Not Quick because of that Throttle Lag & at the Same time I don't want to just punch the Peddle, because of the Clutch being on its Last Leg! Thanks Joey G

·
Vendor
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #209
After all the Hype in this thread... I ordered one. Will update once I have it installed. Super happy with the rear carbon wing and carbon side skirts from JasonB also!
Thanks. And @koolguyjg, no worries this will not give a check engine light. The most important part of installing this is waiting the 10 min with the door open before installing. On pre LP I recommend red 5 setting. This lets the clutch grab faster and all that awkward pedal play is removed. The quicker the clutch can grab, the less wear on your clutch. I've been selling these to HBI auto, which is a Sponsor on here as well and they love them for their customers cars.

Burtman Industries Sprint Booster for 04-14 Gallardo, On sale for Lambo-talk members

For those that don't know, I have these for ANY VEHICLE made after 2003. Contact me if you'd like to try out for another one of your vehicles. It will make it faster.

I've had many ask about the controller (shown to the left in my pic) It connects to the plug like an aux cable. Simple. It comes with velcro and I put mine to left on dash as seen in this pic - beside steering wheel. It looks cool when it’s on at night, but if you don’t want to see it, you could easily velcro it somewhere else out of sight. Or you don't want to see anything and want a stealth install, you don't have to hook up controller at all. Once you set it, it remembers the setting (even if your battery dies) and never needs to be plugged in unless you want to be able to change it later but I always leave mine on setting red 5.

Burtman Industries Sprint Booster for 04-14 Gallardo, 5 year warranty from me, ships UPS express

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got mine installed this weekend and the quick guide made it easy - wow, what a difference! Faster clutch engagement and more responsive when the traffic light turns green. I ran the wire so the unit can rest in the small coin storage left of the steering column - I set the Sprint Booster to red 5 and don't plan to change it. This mod is worth the money in my opinion - thank you Jason!

·
Vendor
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #211
Got mine installed this weekend and the quick guide made it easy - wow, what a difference! Faster clutch engagement and more responsive when the traffic light turns green. I ran the wire so the unit can rest in the small coin storage left of the steering column - I set the Sprint Booster to red 5 and don't plan to change it. This mod is worth the money in my opinion - thank you Jason!
Glad to help ya out and told ya, the damn thing is that good!

Burtman Industries Sprint Booster for 04-14 Gallardo, 5 year warranty for Lambo-Talk members/express UPS shipping/Covid-19 free!

·
Vendor
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #213

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey Jason, is there much of a benefit to the manual gallardos? I figure improved throttle response is a good thing anyway, but wonder if the sluggish egear is what makes this such a wild difference.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks for your contribution; my question was meant for the OP.

To clarify, it sounds like the booster dramatically improves the way Egear grabs at first, and manuals won’t get that benefit, so is the effect much more subdued in a manual.

And I’m happy to race Pre-LP egear against my gated Pre-LP, win or lose, it will be close and hella fun :D

·
Vendor
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #217
Hey Jason, is there much of a benefit to the manual gallardos? I figure improved throttle response is a good thing anyway, but wonder if the sluggish egear is what makes this such a wild difference.
It actually works every better on GATED/Manuals. I'll try to get some of my customers to chime in that have had both. You can get on the throttle way quicker when shifting and there is a separate manual program on the Sprint Booster (there is a switch on the side for manual mode) which give much greater tip-in and it's awesome.

Burtman Industries Sprint Booster for 04-14 Gallardo, 5 year warranty for Lambo-Talk members/express UPS shipping/Covid-19 free!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks for your contribution; my question was meant for the OP.

To clarify, it sounds like the booster dramatically improves the way Egear grabs at first, and manuals won’t get that benefit, so is the effect much more subdued in a manual.

And I’m happy to race Pre-LP egear against my gated Pre-LP, win or lose, it will be close and hella fun :D
G'day from Australia you blokes.

I run an 04 gated manual car and love the 4wd so it's basically stock as a rock. But it pissed me off no end when I got it. Really disappointing. I'm an old bloke and have a bunch of old cars, Fiats, Ferrari's and some other old clunkers. So driving a manual for me is all about double clutching and matching revs on the way through to ensure seamless gear changes, and is part of the thrill of driving getting those shifts perfect every time.

The Lambo was rubbish! Loved the car but hated the drive and totally to do with the lack of throttle response. Especially on the down shifts, I'd double clutch and give the throttle a stab to match revs on the shift through neutral and I'd find that I had completed my double de-clutch and was already into the next gate down before that POS throttle actually lifted the revs at the throttle body.

Never having had a fly by wire car at all it took a while for me to understand just WTF was going on. One day I was reading a 4WD article about an Amarok and the bloke was complaining about the same thing, No throttle control off road to negotiate steep bumpy tracks. Some other character chimed in and gave him the goss regarding throttle control units and his great experience on the Amarok and other cars.

So I sniffed around, found Jason lurking in some dark corner of the internet, sent him some cash and played the waiting game for USPS.

Finally it arrived and took like 25 minutes to fit. Scared the **** out of me on first drive on red three. I played with it for a bit and now run it on green 4 most of the time. I don't need to play boy racer, but on the chosen setting the lag is 100% gone, I can blip the throttle on shifts and get immediate response. It's the way the car should have been delivered.

For real blokes that drive manual cars, not this flappy paddle bull****, you can't go wrong. Best bang for your buck you can ever spend on your G car.

Now, stay in the house so you don't get sick!!!

Or say, bugger it, and drive the wheels off your G.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Oh boy Rob, you've really got some clunkers there! Brilliant though. I've always wondered where they all went and now I know.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Oh boy Rob, you've really got some clunkers there! Brilliant though. I've always wondered where they all went and now I know.
Good on ya Waz. That's only like 9 out of 35. Had to build a bigger shed for them all.

Attachments

201 - 220 of 241 Posts