Lamborghini Talk banner

181 - 200 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
So I finally got around to testing out the Gallardo with the newly installed sprint booster and I am finding that on low speeds and while lightly accelerating, the car seems to be more jerky (in either red or green mode) than when the sprint booster is turned off. Is anyone else experiencing this, or is there some user error involved?

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Hi all,

I had Lamborghini service department here in Perth install the sprint booster V3 on my 2009 LP560-4 e-gear yesterday while I waited- 15 minute job.

I have been driving around on green 3- default setting and it does wake the car up from starting off.

As explained on the sprint booster website, Lamborghini don't really want a too touchy accelerator pedal as don't want clients putting their car through their garage walls etc when going forward or reversing. Or when in stop start traffic taking off into the rear of the car in front:eek:

For normal street driving, just use a lighter touch on the accelerator and drives same as stock. If you are getting jerking, it is just a matter of adjusting your accelerator pedal pressure style.

I do have one complaint - if I place the e-gear in Sport mode and then press on the accelerator pedal flat to the floor in a very spirited manner, the car takes off instantly spinning the wheels in a most unseemly manner!:D

I have fitted the very small control module on the panel above the reverse button to shift between green 3- sport mode and red race 5 mode- the default settings. Yes, I do need a new reverse button:eek:

If you do not want the control module showing anywhere as you are not going to switch between settings, you don't need the control module at all as shown or anywhere in the car, as you can set default green 3 mode or whatever with the control module connected after V3 connected, then disconnect the control module and place back in the box it came in. The V3 setting is retained when engine is switched off and when switched on again every time.

So for those who want a more lively involved feel to their Gallardo, I can highly recommend the sprint booster V3.

just my two cents or should I say US$275 worth:)

cheers,
john

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Hi Tomaso,
The link you provided is accurate as to the characterstics of sprint booster.

I am used to mechanical accelerator linkages to carburettors where you get instant response when you press the accelerator.

The sprint booster provides this for the Gallardo, rather than the wait for the engine to respond to your accelerator pedal movement.

Will it make the car go faster as in produce more power. Of course not as does not react with the ecu.

Will it improve your 0-60 mph time- of course not. Will it at the drag strip decrease your reaction time from when the light on the tree goes green and you brake the beam on start, yes it will, but only by 0.1 seconds. I proved this last Wednesday night at our local drag strip.

So you will take off faster from a standing start when you press the accelerator with the sprint booster than without it. Sure only a fraction of a second, but to me you 'feel' more connected with what your foot is doing and how the engine is responding.

I was on the track today and the Lamborghini driving instructor commented on how my gallardo was noticeably more responsive to accelerator pedal movement than a non-sprint booster gallardo.

And he was not even aware what a sprint booster V3 was until I told him after the drive!

If you believe there is a placebo effect for the driver knowing he has a sprint booster set to say race 5 default mode , I can assure you there is not.:)

Just drive a gallardo with a sprint booster set to race 5 and see what you think. And then turn it off and see the difference.

A lot of sports cars use sprint booster type electronics with the accelerator pedal when you select a 'sharper' performance mode.

just my two cents worth,
cheers,
john

·
Registered
11 Posts
So I finally got around to testing out the Gallardo with the newly installed sprint booster and I am finding that on low speeds and while lightly accelerating, the car seems to be more jerky (in either red or green mode) than when the sprint booster is turned off. Is anyone else experiencing this, or is there some user error involved?

I get the same feeling on mine.

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Hi Tomaso,
The link you provided is accurate as to the characterstics of sprint booster.

I am used to mechanical accelerator linkages to carburettors where you get instant response when you press the accelerator.

The sprint booster provides this for the Gallardo, rather than the wait for the engine to respond to your accelerator pedal movement.

Will it make the car go faster as in produce more power. Of course not as does not react with the ecu.

Will it improve your 0-60 mph time- of course not. Will it at the drag strip decrease your reaction time from when the light on the tree goes green and you brake the beam on start, yes it will, but only by 0.1 seconds. I proved this last Wednesday night at our local drag strip.

So you will take off faster from a standing start when you press the accelerator with the sprint booster than without it. Sure only a fraction of a second, but to me you 'feel' more connected with what your foot is doing and how the engine is responding.

I was on the track today and the Lamborghini driving instructor commented on how my gallardo was noticeably more responsive to accelerator pedal movement than a non-sprint booster gallardo.

And he was not even aware what a sprint booster V3 was until I told him after the drive!

If you believe there is a placebo effect for the driver knowing he has a sprint booster set to say race 5 default mode , I can assure you there is not.:)

Just drive a gallardo with a sprint booster set to race 5 and see what you think. And then turn it off and see the difference.

A lot of sports cars use sprint booster type electronics with the accelerator pedal when you select a 'sharper' performance mode.

just my two cents worth,
cheers,
john
Anything that makes the experience better is a good thing. Good post.

·
Registered
2 Posts
All good, glad to help when I can. Remember to come back here after you get to try it out.

Burtman Industries Sprint Booster for 04-14 Gallardo, 5 year warranty, shipping 2nd day UPS!
Been lurking on the site for a while to see how I can improve performance on a 08' gallardo. Found this sprint booster and decided to give it a shot. Ordered from Jason Friday and arrived and installed today. Makes a HUGE difference in performance, definently recommend!

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
Have not bought it YET but any input on this? is this true or an error on your end?

·
Vendor
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
Been lurking on the site for a while to see how I can improve performance on a 08' gallardo. Found this sprint booster and decided to give it a shot. Ordered from Jason Friday and arrived and installed today. Makes a HUGE difference in performance, definently recommend!
Thanks for chiming in and glad you like it.

The thing everyone needs to remember is... The delay is so bad on these cars, after installing the Sprint Booster some take a bit to get used to it. These cars have a serious amount of delay and your brain and foot are used to that delay and now you are eliminating it. I've now sold over 100 of these and probably 50+ of these people have replied in this 19 page post. I try to tell everyone to come on here after they install it. The more you play with it you'll eventually find a the sweet spot.

Burtman Industries Sprint Booster for 04-14 Gallardo, shipping 2nd day UPS!

edit 8 fresh units in stock!

·
Vendor
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #192

·
Registered
44 Posts
Got my sprint booster in few days ago and finally got around to installing it. It's very cool the throttle response it much more peppy like should have been from factory. I like mine on sport mode number 6. the race mode 5 and up is great for reving and showing friends, but too touchy for normal street driving. All in all love the purchase. thanks J. Burtman.

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
THIS IS THE REAL DEAL... NO BS!!!
All I'm going to say it feels like driving an entirely different car.
No more suspect lumpy drag LOL.
I say this is an upgrade every gallardo owner MUST do and that's being totally honest.
Drastic difference for mere dollars!

·
Vendor
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
Got my sprint booster in few days ago and finally got around to installing it. It's very cool the throttle response it much more peppy like should have been from factory. I like mine on sport mode number 6. the race mode 5 and up is great for reving and showing friends, but too touchy for normal street driving. All in all love the purchase. thanks J. Burtman.
Great! I'm glad you like it. This is how these cars should have come from the factory. I'm on Red 5 all the time and am addicted to driving the car with it on.

Burtman Industries Sprint Booster for 04-14 Gallardo, 5 year warranty for Lambo-Talk members & express UPS shipping!

EDIT - have 3 left in stock, can ship Monday to anyone that orders, express shipping. Corona free.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Just ordered my Sprint Booster. Will report back (I'm sure with amazing results ) Thank you Jason.

·
Vendor
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #197

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks for the post. You will like the difference and it will be much easier and more fun to drive.

Burtman Industries Sprint Booster for 04-14 Gallardo, 5 year warranty for Lambo-Talk members & express UPS shipping!

UPDATE - 5 in stock and all Corona Virus Free.
I've been ordering these from Jason for over a year now and have put these in many vehicles we service. I had this on my gallardo before I sold it and we recommend it for longer clutch life. Keep up the good work J

·
Registered
1 Posts
How does it feel on 2wd with reduce traction? I'm hesitant because with 2wd, my wheel already spins...

I put this in my 2013 Gallardo Spyder 540-2 (Rear Wheel Drive), and its amazing. This is how the Gallardo should have been from day 1. Don't think I can ever go back to stock after this. As far as wheels spinning it all depends how much you press the pedal down and turn into corners. No issues though for me to drive it, and it feels nice for the wheels to slightly slip. The ability to control what you want in terms of modes/response is excellent. Makes me want to put this in all my cars.

181 - 200 of 241 Posts