Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 242 Posts

·
Vendor
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sprint Booster for 04-14 Gallardo and LP, installed! I love it. Video attached

My previous owner, who's on this forum, had this installed before I bought the car. I've also been a dealer for Sprint Booster for over 10 years and have installed them in my own cars. Not every make car benefits as well as others, but there is serious delay in the gas pedal in these cars due to the drive by wire. You may not even realize it, but it's there. I've sold these for Toyoto's, Porsche's, you name it.

When I got the car, I had it turned off for a week as I wanted to see the car in it's natural state. Starting out from a stop in these cars isn't always easy, but I got used to it for a week, then turned on the Sprint Booster. It's freaking a night and day difference! And, if you ever let someone else drive your car (wife, gf, friend) whoever, they aren't going to fry the clutch with this. I can't go back to stock now that I turned it on.

If you watch the video, you'll see foot on the pedal revving, then see the rpm's as they are behind by quite a bit, then sprint booster on, instant response. These have recently been tweaked and updated for our cars, and idle is perfect and you don't know it's there until you hit the gas and feel how much quicker things are.

As I said, I'm a dealer for these as well and don't mind helping the community out. They normally go for around $299, but I'll do less and knock some off for you guys because I love it and want others to see what it does.

Order here:

Burtman Industries Sprint Booster for 04-14 Lamborghini, on sale for Lambo talk members

Edit, watch this new video to see exactly what this does!

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,301 Posts
Those devices are a lot of fun. I went with the Pedal Box on my Huracan and I love it. Super responsive throttle, in fact I had to actually dial it down a bit.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Those devices are a lot of fun. I went with the Pedal Box on my Huracan and I love it. Super responsive throttle, in fact I had to actually dial it down a bit.
How does it feel on 2wd with reduce traction? I'm hesitant because with 2wd, my wheel already spins...

·
Vendor
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
How does it feel on 2wd with reduce traction? I'm hesitant because with 2wd, my wheel already spins...

I have this in my own car with the 2wd conversion! it doesn’t cause any difference with traction, just faster shifts, less lag in the pedal. I love this thing so much that if you buy it and don’t like it, I’ll let you send it back no questions asked. It works and I can’t live without it now.

http://www.burtmanindustries.com/zoomprod.php?id=gallardo_sprint_boos

I’ll include a free t shirt and ship it express 2 day shipping and all I ask is you come back here after and post your thoughts, which will be positive. It’s one of my fav mods and is inexpensive.

Edit pic added, didn’t upload before

·
Vendor
227 Posts
All it really does is reduce the travel of the throttle. So if over 3 inches you demanded full power, it for example might make the power demand 100% after 1.5"

It doesn't add any horsepower or change the shift speed of the transmission so in that sense it wont create a traction problem. If you modulate the throttle to manage that loss of traction than this would make that task more difficult since you have less resolution to modulate the power.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
562 Posts
SB completely changes the car. I thought on my 08 that that there was some clutch issues or I was an idiot and couldn't drive the car correctly because the random throttle lags would kill my ability to "point and shoot" the car and get a response. It was manageable, but not quite "there."

I have mine set on 3 I believe and it's been fantastic ever since! What the car should have been like from the start. Immediate responsiveness, no delays, smoother clutch engagement, just a better all around feel. Feels like the throttle is finally "one" with the car.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I also just purschased and installed the sprint booster on my 07 G. I do love it. I also had to turn it down.

·
Registered
350 Posts
All it really does is reduce the travel of the throttle. So if over 3 inches you demanded full power, it for example might make the power demand 100% after 1.5"

It doesn't add any horsepower or change the shift speed of the transmission so in that sense it wont create a traction problem. If you modulate the throttle to manage that loss of traction than this would make that task more difficult since you have less resolution to modulate the power.

Hope that helps.
Exactly, you lose throttle resolution..... just learn to press the throttle more...

·
Vendor
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
SB completely changes the car. I thought on my 08 that that there was some clutch issues or I was an idiot and couldn't drive the car correctly because the random throttle lags would kill my ability to "point and shoot" the car and get a response. It was manageable, but not quite "there."

I have mine set on 3 I believe and it's been fantastic ever since! What the car should have been like from the start. Immediate responsiveness, no delays, smoother clutch engagement, just a better all around feel. Feels like the throttle is finally "one" with the car.
I have mine on Red 4 setting and it's perfect for me. It's night and day difference.

I also just purschased and installed the sprint booster on my 07 G. I do love it. I also had to turn it down.
Yea, you can adjust it exactly to the sweet spot. I've sold a lot of these for other vehicles and I had a guy time his 0-60 in a V8 truck and he's a half of second quicker 0-60 (this was a V8 4Runner). The point is, the reaction time is cut almost in half, so when you hit the pedal that delay can be non existent depending on the setting.

Burtman Industries Sprint Booster for 04-14 Gallardo, Order link - I have this at a reduced price for forum members and am shipping these 2 day express shipping. If you want a free shirt, put what size you want in the notes section on last stage of checkout, or call 717-319-2100 to order over the phone.

·
Vendor
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ordered and installed. The installation was in theory easy, but had issues getting the connector to disconnect from the top of the pedal. I ended up having to completely remove the pedal in order to get the connector off. It’s a 5 minute job if the connector comes off....otherwise a frustrating 1.5 hour task. I drove the car afterwards and was unimpressed after spending that much time and frustration. I’ll drive it again today to get a clearer impression and post my thoughts.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ok, I drove again.....this time not fresh off of a frustrating experience. The device does make a diference in drivability. No lag once you get on the throttle between shifts, easier on take-off, smoother shifts, etc. it is worth the money....and in my case, the excessive time and frustrating experience.

·
Vendor
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, I drove again.....this time not fresh off of a frustrating experience. The device does make a diference in drivability. No lag once you get on the throttle between shifts, easier on take-off, smoother shifts, etc. it is worth the money....and in my case, the excessive time and frustrating experience.
Good! Yea, I'm starting to think this will make the clutch last quite a bit longer. I drove my yesterday and turned off the sprint booster and it ran like a dog. I can't believe how slow the stock throttle response is amd how far you have to press the pedal down! This is really crazy and I'm not one to brag about something if it's a small minute gain. I wish everything could try and see the difference this thing makes. What setting did you end up putting it on?

Order link:
Burtman Industries Sprint Booster for 04-14 Gallardo

·
Vendor
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update, have 3 more in stock. These are more popular than I thought, but it just works and makes this thing how it should have left the factory. You won't believe how much less your foot has to press down to get the throttle to move also!

Burtman Industries Sprint Booster for 04-14 Gallardo - Will ship UPS express shipping because I'm still in a good mood.

The plugs in right behind the gas pedal into the factory plug. Will try to get some installed pics, but it looks factory and you can't see the plug as it's hidden behind the little shroud behind the gas pedal.

·
Vendor
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hmm interesting, I might have to get this for my 04 G. I'll decide later this week!!
Cool. It's really just blows my mind how much quicker this makes the throttle response. When stock, you have to super push down on the pedal to get the gas to respond. I swear it takes away half of the travel in the pedal. These cars have way too much throttle delay. I also just sold one to my tech and owner of HBI auto, who has a 2004 G as his daily driver with over 50k miles on it! He's said he's now going to be offering it to his customers.

If anyone buys this, and says they don't want it, I'll let you send it back and I'll even pay the return shipping. That's how confident I am in the difference it makes.

Burtman Industries Sprint Booster for 04-14 Gallardo

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,301 Posts
Yes it can be turned off by the press of a button.

·
Vendor
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got my sprint booster today! Thanks Jason B Ill get this installed hopefully soon
Awesome. If anyone needs or wants to see where this plugs in behind the gas pedal, let me know. I didn't expect these to sell so well and ran out, but now got a bunch more in stock. (made in Greece, had to get them shipped from there to me)

I encourage anyone on here to drive with this on, then turn it off after a week or so, and you won't know how you ever drove without this before. I don't impress easily but it just is one thing that does it's job.

Burtman Industries Sprint Booster for 04-14 Gallardo, more now in stock

1 - 20 of 242 Posts