Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2013 LP560 TT
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car came with r888r’s on velo wheels (325 rear, 235 front). Aside from showing some wear, the r888r’s are also approaching 6yrs old and must be replaced.
They are a good tire but I’m getting wheel spin when I get on the gas in gears 1-2 and sometimes 3. I was going to buy a new set but the rears have been on indefinite back order since Nov (I blame Texas 2K haha).
So...my local shop suggested sport cup 2’s. Are they comparable to the r888r for an awd turbo G? Anyone with real world experience? FWIW I plan on 90/10 street/track.

·
Registered
2013 Super G
231 Posts
Great tire. On par or exceeds the R888 except for in price lol. They also have the connect app with it for track use. Never used it but in theory sounds awesome.

Any new tire will make the 6 year old hockey pucks on there now seem amazing haha. Not worth waiting for the Texas 2K backorder! You won't be disappointed with the Michelin. FWIW the AMG GT black series (current nurburgring record holder) runs the sport cup 2 (R) tire from factory. As does the gt2rs and rumour has it the 992 GT3 models will also. I dont know any supercar / hypercar / track car builder putting R888s on from factory but could be wrong! R888 is just an amazing tire for the price tho

·
Registered
2013 LP560 TT
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great tire. On par or exceeds the R888 except for in price lol. They also have the connect app with it for track use. Never used it but in theory sounds awesome.

Any new tire will make the 6 year old hockey pucks on there now seem amazing haha. Not worth waiting for the Texas 2K backorder! You won't be disappointed with the Michelin. FWIW the AMG GT black series (current nurburgring record holder) runs the sport cup 2 (R) tire from factory. As does the gt2rs and rumour has it the 992 GT3 models will also. I dont know any supercar / hypercar / track car builder putting R888s on from factory but could be wrong! R888 is just an amazing tire for the price tho
good info. Thanks. Actually when I priced out the Toyos they were within about $20 of the sport cup 2. I’m not sure if it’s because of the size or what but the price change was negligible when I had to cancel the order and switch to sport cup 2. Tire Rack was really cool about it and actually credited me the difference.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I ordered my Michelin Sport Cup 2's from 4wheelonline. These tires have an impressive dry traction and are really responsive to initial steering. I don't find any issues in the wet also, although I don't use my car every day. Haven't tried them on the track also.

·
Registered
2013 LP560 TT
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ordered my Michelin Sport Cup 2's from 4wheelonline. These tires have an impressive dry traction and are really responsive to initial steering. I don't find any issues in the wet also, although I don't use my car every day. Haven't tried them on the track also.
Good to know you like them! I checked 4wheelonline and they didn’t offer 325/30 sport cup2 but had them in 315/30 for $580 each. Tire rack was $440 each shipped when I checked them last week. I think 4wheelonline offers everyone a 5% off but tire rack still is a bit less.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Michelin Pilot Sport 4S for the street.
I echo this. I just put these on and they are great for the street. I am planning to see how they hold up on track as I hear they are more consistent for many laps. I got them through Discount Tire with a tire warranty and it covers me even if I run at the track and they disintegrate.

Reactions: Plumber

·
Registered
2013 LP560 TT
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I echo this. I just put these on and they are great for the street. I am planning to see how they hold up on track as I hear they are more consistent for many laps. I got them through Discount Tire with a tire warranty and it covers me even if I run at the track and they disintegrate.
I’m planning on putting these on my M2C once I wear out the Michelin PSS’s that came on it. I hear they’re a good street tire. I just felt that I want to push the Lambo pretty hard and it needs lots of linear and lateral grip since it’s boosted but maybe cup2 will be too extreme. Guess I’ll see how it goes ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts