·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
Current: SVJ, Pista, Urus, G80 M3 | Previous: 610, 580, Performante, Aventador
1,541 Posts
The GT2RS is lighter and more HP so no surprise.

·
Premium Member
Aventador Roadster Extreme Edition, Huracan Performante, Gallardo Performante
2,189 Posts
McClaren needs to get that 720 on the track.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,691 Posts
looks and exhaust didn’t win that race, but HP did win the heart of anyone watching it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Cool video, as someone mentioned not really a surprise based on the other video from the ring that shows a similar result. Given how close a pro is with both, it will definitely come down to driver skill should the owner of these two models go to their local track. Could say the same thing about all the vehicles listed in the top 10.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
...and what car would that be?

a Performante and then a 350 HP supercharger would make that happen. It could probably be done with an ESS and that Whipple 2.9 blower they use, but you'd need to do something about the fuel system at that level, because after about 200 HP over stock, it's apparently maxxed out.

Either that or a UGG, but I'm not a Turbo fan with regards to aftermarket Turbocharging..

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'm looking at my window right now, staring at my H ... and it's a sculpture.
Sorry to say, but Porsche never did anything to bring my soul to appreciate Porsche.
Trying very hard right now to like 720S. Let's see (after the appointment).
Maybe I'll jump the ship :)

·
Registered
973 Posts
...and what car would that be?

a Performante and then a 350 HP supercharger would make that happen. It could probably be done with an ESS and that Whipple 2.9 blower they use, but you'd need to do something about the fuel system at that level, because after about 200 HP over stock, it's apparently maxxed out.

Either that or a UGG, but I'm not a Turbo fan with regards to aftermarket Turbocharging..
That car is the Performante. After 15 years of Porsches, got bored with the aesthetics both inside and out but equally importantly, the driving experience just lacked the excitement inherent in a super car. The GT2/RS seems to be a track weapon, but it still looks like a 911 Turbo with a hideous wing and lots of stripes.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Coming from someone who doesn't own one...

·
Registered
973 Posts
The wing on the GT Porsches is the same as those young males purchase to attach to their Hondas. While from an aesthetic perspective, I prefer a wingless HP, the wing is fabricated out of FCC and is extremely technologically advanced. As wings go, it is the best looking by far.

As for stripes, many like the ones on the HP. They are fairly subtle appearing above the side skirts and if not your cup of tea, can be omitted, unlike the Porsche which has these massive blocks of stripes covering most of the hood.

I realize appearance is subjective, but for me, there is no comparison between a 911 and an H. The latter is a rolling piece of art. It looks like a super car. The former, a tired, bland vehicle that has seen little change in 50 years. As Jeremy Clarkson said, " Porsche designers are the laziest in the business." One can buy an entry level 911 for $100K and the Turbo S for twice the price, and to the man on the street they are indistiguishable.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ya'll don't have to have a pretty wife to know a beautiful woman when you see one.
Ya'll don't have to possess something to determine it's beauty or ugliness.

Cling to your wing:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts