Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Just Recieved this via EM!

To: [email protected] (List Member)

Ladies and Gentlemen:

A brand new awards show is airing on Spike TV, the first cable network created specifically for men. I ask you all to please tune in or set your VCR/TiVO for Tuesday, 25 January as Spike TV will debut the very first awards show dedicated exclusively to cars. The show is called, “Autorox” and will air in about 88 million US homes.

One of the Autorox award categories is “Hottest Exotic” and I’m very proud to report to you that the Lamborghini Gallardo has been nominated. I was at the show taping on Saturday night in Los Angeles and I can just tell you that I believe we will all be happy with the outcome. Please check your local listings but the show most likely starts at approximately 8PM.

Regards,
Ehren Bragg
Area Manager, North America
Automobili Lamborghini

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
No Murcie Roadster? Nuts.

Was that Mick's red Roadster, could have sworn it was the calendar pic they flashed?

It was kind of a shallow show, tilted more to wide eyed 18 year old's.

Ugly White SV on the floor. :p

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
raymondo said:
Was that Mick's red Roadster, could have sworn it was the calendar pic they flashed?
I gave them access to a couple of dozen pictures of the roadster from my web site and many of them were taken at the same time as "the" calender pic...

Thanks for the warning... my vcr is warmed up too!

-mick

·
Registered
154 Posts
Ewww....corvette won....i'm tivo-ing it so that tomorrow I can fast forward through all the c**p....it's all about muscle cars and stuff so far...oh well, even if they only show one lambo it's still worth it...

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
What a waste.

What a waste of time. It's like one of those glorified hot import shows. Poor Carroll Shelby and Viveca Fox, they are too classy for that kind of show. :tdown:

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
That's for sure, talk about out of place and uncomfortable! Got a laugh when Carroll said he'd waited all his life for the award.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
What a Let Down!!!!!

I really could'nt gag my way thru to watching the whole show!!!!

Carman Electra was far far more ugly than I remembered!!!! YUKKK!!

Poor Porsche Cayenne wins and they do 2 seconds then bring out the LandRover...OUCH!!!!!

The fake Shelby sucked!!!!

I do think I saw some of our members pics and Vid Clips on the Diablo Roadstrer Win!!!! After that I turned it off!!!

All in all on a scale of 1-10, 10 being highest I give it a 2!!!!

The white SV looked all dirty & beat down!!! The least they could have done was clean the poor thing!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I started to watch it, got disgusted and bored and dozed off. Woke up an hour later and it was still on. Spike ran it back to back in my area like once wasn't enough. ONCE WAS DEFINATELY ENOUGH!

·
Registered
752 Posts
I got tired of "Kid Rock" real fast, Carmen...well OK, I still would :evil: Anyway, I was looking for a word that would best describe the show = CHEEZY! (Nice try anyway)

And, I kinda of felt sorry for Mr. Carroll Shelby, He should have just told the hottie driving him in to hit the highway. Even at 82 he could have enjoyed that!

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I would do Carmen in a New York minute.... :) :) ur.. ahh.. that did not come out the way I meant it. The minute I mean...

Well Lambo got some good press. Again, consider Spike demograhics - but it was OK... did not care for the way it was produced...

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
The whole show was poor. Seemed like it was made for teeni boppers. Sad show. Kid rock? No talent again suceeds in spite of himself. Amazing!

·
Registered
26 Posts
2 second thrill

I got excited for a couple of seconds over the Gallardo winning "Best Exotic" and then was struck with how totally meaningless an award from Spike TV is. The whole show was boring. To think I was actually looking forward to this show for two weeks. A bunch of boring blowhards trying way too hard to be "cutting edge". :mad:

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
michaelo said:
I got excited for a couple of seconds over the Gallardo winning "Best Exotic" and then was struck with how totally meaningless an award from Spike TV is. The whole show was boring. To think I was actually looking forward to this show for two weeks. A bunch of boring blowhards trying way too hard to be "cutting edge". :mad:

I Agree Completely!!!!

I can't for the life of me figure out why they don't have real car people at least helping with the production of the show!!! And to show some filthy unwashed white Lambo as there ringer was unbelievable!!!

Do 18 yr olds really consist of the largest buying market for these cars???????

1 - 20 of 22 Posts