Lamborghini Talk banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Where have all of you been? Tell them you just came off a horrid case of covid and experienced a medical condition. Trust me, it will work. Covid is being used as an excuse to violate every constitutional right. Heck, it’s even being used to line the pockets of failed state pension funds, teachers unions and the release of violent criminals.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
@chris01, post back after you resolve this bump in the road. The info you post could help someone else on this forum in the future.
Will do, hope to help some other folks out. 98 is definitely fast, but what's sad is the 65 speed limit. It's a road where traffic is moving 80-85 anyhow. Oh well, I'm just sore over it lol.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Lets hear a little more about what really matters......the Lamborghini
Photos?
Usually there is a photo op when you get a ticket. Smokey in the rear view mirror, etc. I mean, photos help us remember events in our lives
I'll make another post sharing the car now (y)

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,676 Posts
what's sad is the 65 speed limit. It's a road where traffic is moving 80-85 anyhow. Oh well, I'm just sore over it lol.
I hear you, I only speed on the backroads because the State Troopers in Texas are on a mission. I often think, and your post reminds me of the Sammy Hagar song, I Can't Drive 55, in fact, few of us can in these road rockets.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I hear you, I only speed on the backroads because the State Troopers in Texas are on a mission. I often think, and your post reminds me of the Sammy Hagar song, I Can't Drive 55, in fact, few of us can in these road rockets.
As long as someone commiserates with me, I can get through it lol. I will 100% be using waze and my Valentine 1 from here on out.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Based on previous posts and advice, things are pretty different in your neck of the woods. In the NW you can go to court if you choose to. Just showing up usually gets things drastically reduced. If you contest the ticket, the officer must appear in court to argue his side of the case. People know that cops rarely bother to go to court over minor infractions, so most of the time you get off.

Unfortunately it sounds like actual legal advice in order for your case....

·
Registered
1998 Lamborghini Diablo SV
185 Posts
Based on previous posts and advice, things are pretty different in your neck of the woods. In the NW you can go to court if you choose to. Just showing up usually gets things drastically reduced. If you contest the ticket, the officer must appear in court to argue his side of the case. People know that cops rarely bother to go to court over minor infractions, so most of the time you get off.

Unfortunately it sounds like actual legal advice in order for your case....
Never count on the officer to not show up. I had a take a day off work to show up to my court date, confident that the officer wouldn’t take the time to show up. Last minute, he rolls in with his radar equipment and calibration documentation....son of a...so I wasted a day off from work and still paid the damn fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
928 Posts
Never count on the officer to not show up. I had a take a day off work to show up to my court date, confident that the officer wouldn’t take the time to show up. Last minute, he rolls in with his radar equipment and calibration documentation....son of a...so I wasted a day off from work and still paid the damn fine.

In the olden days in Texas it was easy to find a lawyer to get you out of a ticket because the cops would not show up for court. Now, I was talking to a buddy in the Ft. Worth PD and he said they are required to show up for court in those cases. No more easy getting out of tickets around here. I did get a lawyer to get me Differed Adjudication and that was just a waste of money. You don't need a lawyer for that. I do miss the days when you could get out of tickets based on who you knew. I got out of several that way.

·
Registered
486 Posts
My brother had to appear in court for a speeding ticket way back in college. Got nailed in an illegal speed trap. He got a crew cut and wore a tie and suit. The judge asked the officer if he could identify the suspect. The officer said no. The judge pounded the gavel and said case dismissed!

my brothers lucky day.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

My biggest fear. I would go, but it's 3 hours away one way. Easily a full day of vacation would be wasted. I would never assume the cop would just not show up. My goal would be to respectfully communicate the situation and reduce the infractions. But frankly, I may as well pay a Lawyer $400 to do that and save myself 8/9 hours, and have someone represent me that knows the lingo. This is literally my first infraction like this ever, so I have no clue how this all works.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,676 Posts
My biggest fear. I would go, but it's 3 hours away one way. Easily a full day of vacation would be wasted. I would never assume the cop would just not show up. My goal would be to respectfully communicate the situation and reduce the infractions. But frankly, I may as well pay a Lawyer $400 to do that and save myself 8/9 hours, and have someone represent me that knows the lingo. This is literally my first infraction like this ever, so I have no clue how this all works.
Way to go my friend! I can't recommend @AngelOfMurci solution unless, of course, you are partial to a crew cuts........Nah, get an attorney that way you still have hair to comb. 🤣 💈

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,676 Posts
Hair to comb!? I may be 24, but I'm balding like a motherf***er!! :LOL:
Not to worry........Telly Savalas did quite well for himself, and he was as bald as a billiard ball.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,676 Posts
Angel your a deeply disturbed human being........well, at least we have that in common.

Reactions: AngelOfMurci

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Sorry to hear about your trouble. I would also recommend a good attorney. They can always get it reduced or eliminated. No need in getting your insurance hammered.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Sorry to hear about your trouble. I would also recommend a good attorney. They can always get it reduced or eliminated. No need in getting your insurance hammered.
Attorney I spoke to is hesitant. Said he could probably get it dropped to a 10 or 15 over violation. Insurance will still hammer me for that probably. Sucks but should greatly reduce fines.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I’ve been lucky over the years, and have completely avoided any tickets. I always read these threads, and the constant theme is the utility of good attorneys. I wonder exactly how these attorneys are able to work their legal miracles. Is it simply a matter of the good old boys network? Or is there more to it than that?

·
Registered
194 Posts
10 or 15 over is much better than were you are sitting, Know in Jersey they have a non-moving violation that can be applied that help with the insurance hit but comes with a larger fine. In the end they just want their money. Its all an old boys club and you need to "pay to play" sometimes. Am in FL now and you can get 2 points off every two years by taking a driving course online. Well worth thee 4 hrs. of time and saved me on insurance increase.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,676 Posts
Attorney I spoke to is hesitant. Said he could probably get it dropped to a 10 or 15 over violation. Insurance will still hammer me for that probably. Sucks but should greatly reduce fines.
Chris, one thing, you may want to consult with another attorney to see if they can potentially negotiate a better outcome.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts