Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to start a thread to speculate the price of Gallardo's as the years go on since they are currently discontinued. and to keep in mind that Lamborghini has decided to discontinue the v10 in favor of the v8 twin turbo.

I remember a couple of years back a pre lp was in the 70k-80k range regardless or egear or manual transmission.

I ended up pulling the trigger last year and got a manual for about 85k, but now the car market is super hot and im seeing pre lp manuals for a sell for close to 95-100k give or take with miles of course.

I wanted to know everyones opinion on what prices will be in the next 5 years.
will the cost go up. or do you think the Gallardo has plateaued in price.

·
Registered
942 Posts
If I had to guess, I would assume Gallardo prices might climb over the years but without massive gains like the V12's. I would imagine the special Editions would see much more appreciation compared to base Gallardos and with manual special editions seeing by far the most gains. Lower mileage and higher spec'd cars would obviously help out big time too.

At the end of the day, I could see people going after the 50th Anniversary cars, LP manuals, Superleggeras (Pre LP and LP), and Squadre Corse cars the most.

Another thing to consider is that younger generations and potential buyers might not be as interested in Gallardos. Theres a lot of them on the road and we don't have scissor doors. Gallardos also have the unfortunate stereotype of the "new youtubers first supercar" haha.

We might not have manual LP Murcielagos or one of the very few manual Murcielago SV's but Gallardos are great cars and I'm keeping mine forever. I'm at ~21,500 miles currently and I'm gonna keep driving mine unless someone wants to trade me for a Murcielago SV

Just my $0.02

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Who ever thought a Dino or Countach would be worth $300-$500K. I wouldn't say they are in high demand or have a huge buyer base either. Sought after by the few who can afford them. So who knows what the future is for the special edition Gallardo's down the road. V10 or V12.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Well they've already made more Huracans than Gallardos and will continue to make the Huracan for the next couple years, so no doubt the Gallardo will be the rarer car once they're both out of production and have been replaced by the new baby bull. I think part of why the V12 cars have retained so much of their value is that the production numbers are just so low. In the last decade we've gotten into some interesting territory where the exotic manufacturers are starting to build quite a few more cars annually. The Huracan and the Urus are Lamborghinis highest produced yet. What that does to the used car market once the next new model is released is anyone's guess.

I feel good about owning one of the last raw, mechanical feeling supercars that I dreamed of as a kid and for me that's enough to not really care what the value is. Oddly enough it's exactly that kind of mentality (where people don't really care what the cost is they just want the car) that drives up used car prices as they become collector cars for the nostalgic.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
The Gallardo is for sure the last old school Lamborghini that carries forward the classic lines and feel of the past Lamborghinis. The Gallardo is timeless in design. Ever realized the rear window of the Gallardo carries forward the same engine deck design of the Miura, Countach, and Diablo?

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
6,546 Posts
As the 10-Cylinder NA engine goes to extinction it's not a revelation to state all said configurations will rise in value. Though, the cars I buy don't have to make money they just have to make me smile and keep me smiling. ;)

Reactions: Kuehjo

·
Registered
8 Posts
Who ever thought a Dino or Countach would be worth $300-$500K. I wouldn't say they are in high demand or have a huge buyer base either. Sought after by the few who can afford them. So who knows what the future is for the special edition Gallardo's down the road. V10 or V12.

Ran into a guy a couple of months ago while getting my annual Hawaii safety check on my 92 Sunshine yellow Miata. He was driving a 74 sunshine yellow Dino. Of course I got chatting him up - and I said - "Holy crap - this must be the only Dino on the island" (Oahu - about 850,000 people here). He replied "Nope - there's about 12 of them. Just nobody else drives theirs."

I kind of get protecting a $500,000 + car from damage - but not driving it? That's a bit like not sleeping with your girlfriend so you can save her for the next guy... (sorry ladies - not trying to be offensive - just make a point - which I'm sure has been argued ad infinitum previously). Personally speaking, I didn't buy mine as an investment - though I clearly hope it holds monetary value. But just in case, I'm going to exact my value out of driving, and allowing others the chance too (my brothers, my kids, my close friends). Half the joy is being able to share the relatively unique experience - we are VERY privileged to be part of this club.

oh - BTW - Cargurus will let you track/graph sales prices over any defined period - you can set whatever period you want - multiple years even. Looking back 10 years it KIND of looks like they have bottomed and perhaps begun to rise (although of course the economy will always have a say in that, as well).

(Just my $0.02)

Jonathan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts