Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just dropped my H off for 4th annual service. The service advisor told me they inspect plugs, and if needed the replacement labor is 16 hours! My car only has about 10k miles so I don't expect it to be needed, but still is it really that hard to get to? Is it really much more work than just taking off the CF engine bay panels? 16 hours seems like engine-out type of work. I haven't found a DIY guide on it yet.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Surprised they didnt do plugs yet? I think service book calls for it on year 2. You can skip it and not have warranty get effected though. I had it done on mine 3rd, total cost for that whole service was like $2,700. Will be interesting to see what gets done on my new Evo since it has free maintenance service for first 3 years, I'm willing to bet they say I don't even need an oil change after one year. That is what Ferrari did with their program

Reactions: DXM31

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They told me it's a 4-year thing to replace them (4 years or 36k miles). They also claim they would do inspection, but that doesn't make sense to me because if you're inspecting them it means you're taking them out which is all the labor anyway.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Well if you replace them at two years then at four you a due again. Do I personally think it is necessary? No. At four years you are out of warranty anyway, I would not replace them. Another point on service is why replace the cabin air filter on a Spyder??? Why even have one? In my case, if I can't drive with the top down, I don't drive it. I complained, they, Lamborghini listened, they replaced it. Said it was part of the two year service package, also replace plugs with 7000 miles on it.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Surprised they didnt do plugs yet? I think service book calls for it on year 2. You can skip it and not have warranty get effected though. I had it done on mine 3rd, total cost for that whole service was like $2,700. Will be interesting to see what gets done on my new Evo since it has free maintenance service for first 3 years, I'm willing to bet they say I don't even need an oil change after one year. That is what Ferrari did with their program
Yes, Ferrari did do that. Best thing I could have done is find a local shop who changes it for a fraction of what Ferrari charges. He’s doing plugs and DCT and clutch fluid changes next time, too.

Even though I don’t do my own work, I enjoy keeping my car well maintained....even more so at fair market value.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I find it humorous that Lambo and ferrari plugs only last 10000 miles. Lol. The damn things would look like new. Total waste of money but the service Dept needs to make coin I guess. Strange how the plugs in my truck have 90000 miles on them and still look great. Pulled them out last summer and they still looked like new. I pulled the plugs on my Gallardo 2 years ago. They had 40,000 miles on them. I had already bought new plugs so I put the new ones in but the old ones looked exactly the same as the new ones. There was no wear on them at all. I still have the original plugs that came out so I can show the next owner what they looked like if he cares. Oh and 16 hours?????? Hahaha. Does that come with 5 gallon tub of lube??? I did them on my G Spyder myself. Took my time and had to pull the soft top tub out and take off some brackets etc. Took me about 3 hours total. If I had to do it again it might be 2 hours. A good tech that does it all the time should be well under 2 hours. I cant imagine the H being that much harder to do.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Just dropped my H off for 4th annual service. The service advisor told me they inspect plugs, and if needed the replacement labor is 16 hours! My car only has about 10k miles so I don't expect it to be needed, but still is it really that hard to get to? Is it really much more work than just taking off the CF engine bay panels? 16 hours seems like engine-out type of work. I haven't found a DIY guide on it yet.
Are you saying 16 hours just for the plugs alone?

I have my plugs changed around every 2500 to 3000 miles. Anal perhaps but I do have a modified engine with twin turbos. Also, my car being a Spyder, changing the plugs is very tedious and time consuming. That being said, not being in a rush, usually around 2.5 to 3 hours to take everything apart, changed out the plugs and put everything back together again though not piddling around, they can be changed out in about 1 to 1.5 hours.

What's confusing is the service advisor told you they "inspect the plugs" and if needed, replacement labor is 16 hours. If they're "inspecting" the plugs, the plugs have already been removed. Just gap new plugs and put them in. I can tell you with the coupe, watching my tuner swap plugs on the cars at events, they're doing it in around 30 mins.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Inspect typically is for 1 plug. They don’t inspect all plugs. Changing them takes 2-3 hours max.

also, plugs don’t age over short amount of years like 2 or even 5 years. They age with mileage. So time based is just inspection for corrosion, not replacement.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,600 Posts
They told me it's a 4-year thing to replace them (4 years or 36k miles). They also claim they would do inspection, but that doesn't make sense to me because if you're inspecting them it means you're taking them out which is all the labor anyway.
Oh great, I was excited about the 3 years of covered maintenance with the EVO but now you tell me the plugs don't need to be replaced until the 4th year. Figures.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts