Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parked the aventador for nearly two months and after trying to start the engine it appears that the battery has drained, jump start the battery and worked well until took it for a ride to experienced engine completely shuts down on second gear. Being unable to do anything, engine off, doors locked, mirrors locked.
Wasn't a good experience but was lucky to have a friend over so he helped pulled the door with me until being able to lift the door up a bit for the key to slide through. YET it wouldn't open he had to bring in his truck to help jump start and that is when my life was extended.

From what i heard after todays experience is that there is no way to open it form the inside........and i don't think it is right...anyone knows how to open it from the inside? Im afraid to encounter an incident like today and might not be too lucky.

Help needed. :(

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
That is very scary. The Countach came with a hammer/axe to break out the windshield in case of a roll over and being unable to open the scissor doors. Sorry, I have no answer to your dilemma and don't understand how the battery would drain in 2 months. I guess you need to keep the battery on a tender from here on out.
Edit: I guess Countach owners provided their own hammers. Lamborghini did not provide them, but is is obvious that climbing out from the inside may be difficult if the windows are closed.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Did I not read that the Aventador have an explosive charge embedded in the doors to blow them off?

You might want to be careful with pulling and tugging on the doors. You probably have to reset the car's computer.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Noticed at the end while driving he was switching ESC on and off.

Why?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts