Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a problem with a 2006 Gallardo manual that I can not get any further. Symptoms:
Car drives normally and then you want to accelerate from low speed, but sometimes the engine chokes and stutters, at that time it also smells like gasoline. If you then take the foot off the pedal and accelerate again or if you switch to a lower gear and then accelerate, it accelerates normal. Sometimes it does not accelerate with full power. Also it does not seem to have the full power in the upper rpm range.

No error in the control unit

What has already been exchanged:

both gasoline pumps
both fuel pressure regulator
both fuel filters
air pressure sensor
all sparks
all ignition coils
battery
both catalysts

I would really appreciate help

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Throttle bodies sticking?
When they are removed and you make the power test, they both open fully without problems. By hand, they have no resistance, too. The potentiometers have already been renewed in both.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Have you tried to change the wideband o2 sensors in front of the cats, if they go wrong the ecu will dump fuel and the car becomes sluggish on low rpms. they dont always throw a code.

·
Registered
14 Posts
if you haven't changed them its worth a try, did the trick on my gallardo after checking everything. part number from Ngk/ntk: LZA11-V4 1842.
(my car didn't show any codes when i had this problem)

·
Registered
14 Posts
No, at least not to my knowledge. But it was very hesitant on lower rpms, when i touched the pedal it just died. and as you mentioned if i tapped the pedal again it would accelerate normal. When i then smelled gas, i checked the spark plugs and could see that it was running rich on the left motor bank.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I think you can measure the O2 sensor response via an OBD11 code reader. You need a reader that does not just read/erase codes but can also read the PIDs (On-board diagnostics Parameter IDs). That could tell you if the O2 sensors are becoming "lazy"

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have you tried to change the wideband o2 sensors in front of the cats, if they go wrong the ecu will dump fuel and the car becomes sluggish on low rpms. they dont always throw a code.
That really solved the probem, just had a nice drive in perfect weather. Many thanks!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
just nice to be able to help. it´s not so obvious when you dont get fault codes. took me awhile to figure it out on my own car. but an easy fix when you first find out whats wrong

1 - 11 of 11 Posts