Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, so one day just talking about cars with a few people someone said I should trade my Viper ACR for a Lamborghini. I kind of shrugged it off because of how much I love I my Viper, and would never do that ........but that thought never really left my head. So, I figured where, but here, would be a better place to throw this idea around, the who, where, when, why etc. My Viper is an 2008 ACR, 16k miles, I bought it from the 2nd owner, it's bone stock except for the Alpine stereo, ACR-X canards, short throw shifter, (not in pic) & R888 tires, (oem stereo in box). It's a 1 of 36, black on black with red drivers stripe that goes through the steering wheel and left rear wing bracket. So, did anyone here make that jump? What would be a close in value in trade? Thoughts? THANKS!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Whether or not this makes sense for you is totally subjective.

If you are a track guy, I'd probably stick with what you have as the running cost of the viper would be much less, and you still have a sweet v10 track car.

Do you live near a Lambo dealership for service? This is an important consideration as the viper can be serviced at any old dodge dealer-

Are you looking to spend considerably more? A Gallardo is a pretty good upgrade with a lower barrier to pricing. Moving up the chain to a Huracan would get you all the tech and more, night and day from the viper if you do more carving canyons, in town cruising, etc.

Vipers are cool, with the ACR being very track focused. This really depends on what you are looking for because the correct answer really depends on your goals, and what you use the car for-

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whether or not this makes sense for you is totally subjective.

If you are a track guy, I'd probably stick with what you have as the running cost of the viper would be much less, and you still have a sweet v10 track car.

Do you live near a Lambo dealership for service? This is an important consideration as the viper can be serviced at any old dodge dealer-

Are you looking to spend considerably more? A Gallardo is a pretty good upgrade with a lower barrier to pricing. Moving up the chain to a Huracan would get you all the tech and more, night and day from the viper if you do more carving canyons, in town cruising, etc.

Vipers are cool, with the ACR being very track focused. This really depends on what you are looking for because the correct answer really depends on your goals, and what you use the car for-
I'm within an hour of someone that would be able to service the car. I'm no so much of a track guy as I am a weekend cruiser/shows/meets etc. As a matter of fact the car hasn't been tracked except or a club get-together by the previous owner, I even saw the video, looked relatively mild. Not looking to spend a lot more, trying to get as close to the value of the ACR as I can, if I decide to go this route........Hurcan.....hmmm..........

·
Registered
197 Posts
Not sure of viper market, but a "NICE" gallardo (pre-lp which is 08 or newer) is 90-100 now. Nice being low mile (<20k clean car w/ nice specs)
You can find higher mile ones for the 80 range which can make nice drivers....but in these cars I think it is "Pay now or pay later". Buy the nicest example your budget allows.

Getting into the LP 2009 and newer, they jump to about 120 and up.

All depends on what it is you are looking for. I have a gallardo, and LOVE it. I have been on the fence at times of getting a Huracan, but the 'rawness' of the gallardo and single clutch is something that I really like.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure of viper market, but a "NICE" gallardo (pre-lp which is 08 or newer) is 90-100 now. Nice being low mile (<20k clean car w/ nice specs)
You can find higher mile ones for the 80 range which can make nice drivers....but in these cars I think it is "Pay now or pay later". Buy the nicest example your budget allows.

Getting into the LP 2009 and newer, they jump to about 120 and up.

All depends on what it is you are looking for. I have a gallardo, and LOVE it. I have been on the fence at times of getting a Huracan, but the 'rawness' of the gallardo and single clutch is something that I really like.
The Viper market is really funny, GenIV ACR's are going from $80-$90k all the way up to the ACR VooDoo that sold at Barrett-Jackson for $230k.......non-tracked, lower mileage, low owner, and the right color combination brings the premium.....which, I guess, can be said for all cars....

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
The Viper market is really funny, GenIV ACR's are going from $80-$90k all the way up to the ACR VooDoo that sold at Barrett-Jackson for $230k.......non-tracked, lower mileage, low owner, and the right color combination brings the premium.....which, I guess, can be said for all cars....
Are you FU$%&ng kidding me? A Voo Doo sold for 230G??? Damit. So. I've had 3 Vipers. The last one was a 2010 ACR Voo Doo. It was crazy low mileage when I sold it. I believe around 6000 miles. It was like new and had never seen a track or a drop of rain. I can tell you I did not get anywhere close to 230 G. WTF?
I got my current G right after I sold the Voo Doo. There are things you will like and not like. First off is the power. The G is a lot slower and has about as much torque as a sewing machine lol. The ACR of course will out handle the G big time. The ACR gets a ton of attn just because of the big wing and spoilers but the Lambo still gets more. The sound of the Lambo is way better. The Vipers just plain old sound like crap. I just never liked the sound of them especially with side pipes. My 98 Viper GTS had the rear pipes and a full Borla exhaust and it sounded ok but still no where near the G. Getting a manual in a G is tough to find and I love rowing gears. If you are a true manual guy then you wont like e gear. I've had my G for 5 summers now and I still hate e gear. I hate paddle shifting period. For me it takes all the fun out of driving but I'm old school. Good luck in your search. Now that I know what my old Voo Doo is worth today I'm going to go drown myself in vodka and console my empty wallet. LOL.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
15,868 Posts
Are you FU$%&ng kidding me? A Voo Doo sold for 230G??? Damit. So. I've had 3 Vipers. The last one was a 2010 ACR Voo Doo. It was crazy low mileage when I sold it. I believe around 6000 miles. It was like new and had never seen a track or a drop of rain. I can tell you I did not get anywhere close to 230 G. WTF?
I got my current G right after I sold the Voo Doo. There are things you will like and not like. First off is the power. The G is a lot slower and has about as much torque as a sewing machine lol. The ACR of course will out handle the G big time. The ACR gets a ton of attn just because of the big wing and spoilers but the Lambo still gets more. The sound of the Lambo is way better. The Vipers just plain old sound like crap. I just never liked the sound of them especially with side pipes. My 98 Viper GTS had the rear pipes and a full Borla exhaust and it sounded ok but still no where near the G. Getting a manual in a G is tough to find and I love rowing gears. If you are a true manual guy then you wont like e gear. I've had my G for 5 summers now and I still hate e gear. I hate paddle shifting period. For me it takes all the fun out of driving but I'm old school. Good luck in your search. Now that I know what my old Voo Doo is worth today I'm going to go drown myself in vodka and console my empty wallet. LOL.
We have all been there at one time or another. I sold my 69 DeTomaso Mangusta for 10K in 1972. It's $210K today.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I am not sure of the specific car but the one I saw that sold for around that much had 24 miles on it. So your 6000 is a little high.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks! Found this post re VooDoo:

VIN: 1B3AZ6JZ3AV100237
I think this a rarity and doesn't represent the overall market, I would love to se them come into the Huracan range......

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
15,868 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Shoulda Woulda Coulda. I was 22 in 72 and panteras were dope then. However 10K in 72 was a hell of a lot more money than today.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts