Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When driving for more then 30min shifter plate gets got to the touch.
Also Windows are slow to raise up and down. Sometimes don’t work at all.
I plan on bringing in to get serviced in the new year, was hoping to get a little better insight so I can go in better prepared.

·
Registered
374 Posts
could be window runners - they are felt and you can roughen then up with sandpaper. replacement ones are £300 per door!

Alternatively, could be connectors - try attaching 12v direct to the window motors, and see if they work faster - that's my next project I think.

·
Registered
49 Posts
X2 on the 12v check at the window motors.

That was my issue when diagnosing slow / periodic stopping windows. I think I had 11.4v at the window. There is a guy on here that has a terrific write-up on how he fixed his slow windows on his Jalpa.

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,071 Posts
The shifter play getting hot to the touch is a new one to me. Have no idea but would be very curious to hear what the problem was when you’ve solved for it. Good luck.

as I am typing, I’m also thinking maybe you have a shorting wire somewhere in the center tunnel area and that is why the shifter plate is hot and there is not enough voltage to your window switches. That would definitely be a cause of concern and potential burning of your car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts