Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another 3 weeks and my Jalpa will be DONE. Here are some before pics. I will post some after pics after this post.

Attachments

·
Registered
427 Posts
Wow that look's good:eek: . I guess your beat me, on have your Jalpa back running. But my pistons are come this week, so I can start putting my engine back together next week I hope. And remember post lots of pic's :evil:

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
i love restoration projects. and admire people who take this task under there wing:whip:

how long have u been working on it???

these cars should never be left to rust away. :eek:

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jalpa ELA12100

It has been approx 3 1/2 months but worth every minute. The restoration includes a complete engine overhaul, new shocks and springs, all brake lines, pads and calipers replaced, new tires, new A/C compressor, evaporator (thanks Chad). The only thing I'm not intersested in dealing with is the stereo system, because I would rather hear the engine. Lastly, after the car is returned and I drive it for several months, I plan to have it repainted. I will post pics of the car when it is returned in Jan. 2007

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
new A/C compressor, evaporator (thanks Chad). The only thing I'm not intersested in dealing with is the stereo system, because I would rather hear the engine.
did u know chad sells performance exausts.....

that's what u need when u drive ur car...

enjoy it.... and what are you thinking of spraying it later??? what color?

·
Registered
230 Posts
That looks great (and familiar). I can see that you got Raymond’s motor mounts and my recommendation is to distribute the stress on them by using thick washers (which I got from McMaster Carr). In the referenced picture you can see that even with those washers the stress is high enough to leave a very visible indentation in the motor mounts only after some hundred miles of use.

Which shocks (brand and model number) did you get?
Tomorrow I should receive a pair of Koni single adjustable shocks 8610-1437, which I hope will fit the front. I’ll post pictures of the installation when I get to it.

Laust

·
Registered
334 Posts
Lambotsavy,

It does look great!!!

By the way, what did you do to pull the dents in the drivetrain frame from (I assume) jacking the car on the frame w/o using something to distribute the load? There are several on my frame ... PO must have been fond of this ... Probably an obvious (and structurally sound) answer to this, but ...

Thanks!!

Bryan
'74 P250S S/N 15622
Indianapolis Indiana USA
[email protected]

·
Registered
148 Posts
Lambotsavy,

Are you doing this work in Florida? I also live in Florida and am looking for the proper place that would do extensive work on the Jalpa...engine and cosmetics...thanks. Nice pics...

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I reposted an earlier thread (below) that has my mechanics website and contact #'s. He is in Italy on holiday and will return Jan 5th. BTW, I plan to post even more pics of the work.

Lambotsavy,

Are you doing this work in Florida? I also live in Florida and am looking for the proper place that would do extensive work on the Jalpa...engine and cosmetics...thanks. Nice pics...
I reposted this as requested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambotsavy

As mentioned in earlier posts I am in the process of completely restoring my 84 Jalpa ELA12100 suspension,brakes and engine. The reason for this post is to inform anyone with a Lambo in the Tampa Florida or surrounding area of a very good mechanic. His name is Massimo Modino and his company is The Auto Legend. He is a one man team with over 30 years experience. He has worked on Murcies, Diablo's, CT's and my Jalpa was his first. As I stated earlier I will be posting the before and after pics of the restoration. The link to his website is below.

http://theautolegend.com/index.php

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That looks great (and familiar). I can see that you got Raymond’s motor mounts and my recommendation is to distribute the stress on them by using thick washers (which I got from McMaster Carr). In the referenced picture you can see that even with those washers the stress is high enough to leave a very visible indentation in the motor mounts only after some hundred miles of use.

Which shocks (brand and model number) did you get?
Tomorrow I should receive a pair of Koni single adjustable shocks 8610-1437, which I hope will fit the front. I’ll post pictures of the installation when I get to it.

Laust
I'm not sure of the model #, however the brand is Koni and the work was done by Ground Control. The only issue was they were painted silver and my mechanic repainted them black.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
wow, I know such pictures very well from my own car, ELA12095 and FLA12236, a massive amount of work, congrats it will look really nice when ready again.

The corrosion on the head bolts show that antifreeze wasn't changed for a long time, you should also clean them from that white powder.

btw: remember that the flat piece to cover the valve train is the one which comes where the engine is near the suspension dome.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Since you have the radiator out, think of replacing the fan with the newer stronger ones which use even less current.
The old ones have 1800m3/h = 1060CFM

http://www.countach.ch/fans.html

from http://www.spal-usa.com/ you can order them.
PULL
12" Straight Blade
Medium Profile Fan
12 Volt
Part Number: 30101504
Description: VA10 - AP50/C - 25A
Retail Price: $127.95

Part Number: 30102038
Previous Part Number(s): 30100176 (VA01-AP6-36A), 30100849 (VA01-AP6/LD-36A)
Description: VA01 - AP70/LL - 36A
Retail Price: $149.95

Part Number: 30102029

Previous Part Number(s): 30100439 (VA10-AP6-61A)
Description: VA10 - AP70/LL - 61A
Retail Price: $157.95

·
Registered
230 Posts
btw: remember that the flat piece to cover the valve train is the one which comes where the engine is near the suspension dome.
I remember that one was a relatively thin steel plate and the other was a contoured twice as thick aluminum plate. When the engine was out I for pure aesthetic reasons was considering machining an identical aluminum plate, but decided against it. A good thing, since with the engine installed you actually need that extra 1/8” clearance to the “strut box”.

Laust

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.