Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a perplexing and annoying problem with songs not shuffling on either my USB Pen Drive or the Internal Hard Drive but I have solved the problem. I was looking at an image of my infotainment screen aptly displaying “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction” by the Rolling Stones when noticed that all the songs were numbered with the prefix, for the most part, “01”, see first attached image. Apparently, when you drag the songs from iTunes onto the Pen Drive this default numbering occurs, see second attached image of Finder on my iMac. So, I went about deleting all the numbered prefixes and loaded it on the Pen Drive, and also deleted the music off the Internal Hard Drive and reloaded it without the “numbering”, see third attached image of Finder on my iMac. Well low and behold that was the issue!! So, now when shuffle is selected it actually shuffles my songs. Can I get an Amen? :giggle:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve often wondered why we need numbers and here’s a great example of them just screwing things up!! Great info!
I am hoping this will also solve the issue of remembering the last song played when going out on subsequent drives as opposed to starting the same song each and every time. Keep your fingers crossed, more to follow........

Reactions: Rcasa20

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, although the shuffle problem is solved when you power off the EVO it does not remember the last song played. I am somewhat disappointed that it doesn't work as it works on every car I own or have owned. My 2019 580-2 used an SD card and had no issue remembering the last song played but the 2021 and 2022 EVO are challenged in that respect.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,071 Posts
Nice fix Albert, now can you find a fix for this terrible Infotainment screen.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Amen and congrats/thanks for taking the time to figure that out! Will keep that inind whenever I take delivery..... although, I must admit, I won't be getting into the EVO to listen to ANYTHING but the exhaust, lolol! Have plenty of other vehicles if I want to listen to music (not to brag, but I'm a 25 time, including 4 this year, Car Audio World Champion, lol!). 99.9% of factory systems sound horrible to me and 50% I think function horrible (compared to some of the outstanding aftermarket units out here). From the issues you guys complain about with the EVOs infotainment, I believe it's safe to say I'll be disappointed with it, lol. My sales guy even told me to NOT get the sensonum (sp?) since I was a car audio guy, and to even not opt for any of the infotainment extras as they'd be a waste of money. Not everything is for everyone.
Again, thanks for figuring that out!!

V.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I haven't given up on trying to get the infotainment system to remember last song played but last time when I took my 2021 EVO into the dealership they were sure it was the F5 memory module, well, it wasn't. For now though, shuffling the songs is huge step forward or one small step for EVO owners, one giant leap for Lamborghinikind. :giggle:

Reactions: Rcasa20

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
Excellent, thanks for sharing !!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I have few ideas I will explore and see if I can get the EVO to remember the last song played. Give me a couple of days to test my theories out and keep your rabbits foot close by...........🐇. Well, that looks like a Hare but it's the best I can do. :giggle:

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
Wow Albert, a very nice fix!! (y)(y)

The shuffle / sort algorithm must have relying on the first few digits (chars) of the name. Would it be possible for you to put the number back but now increment it sequentially to make them unique? (01,02,03,etc or maybe better 1,2,3,etc without the forced 2 digits). And if the program holds the last memory of last song played from every drive, the unique digits may be useful.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow Albert, a very nice fix!! (y)(y)

The shuffle / sort algorithm must have relying on the first few digits (chars) of the name. Would it be possible for you to put the number back but now increment it sequentially to make them unique? (01,02,03,etc or maybe better 1,2,3,etc without the forced 2 digits). And if the program holds the last memory of last song played from every drive, the unique digits may be useful.
I will give that a try! Right now I have a 64GB SanDisk Pen Drive formatted MBR/MS-DOS (FAT) which as you know is the Mac equivalent of FAT32. Well, the manual states there is a 32GB limit to the PEN Drive.........so, I formatted an 8GB Pen Drive MBR/MS-DOS (FAT) and I have checked it a few times and it remembers the last song played so, it may have just been the size of the Pen Drive I was using. I ordered a few more SanDisk drives and will next try both the 16GB and a 32GB formatted MBR/MS-DOS (FAT), and see if those works as well.
I also have been testing the internal hard drive and that appears to hold the last song played but I want to check several more times to be sure. I have found though if you change sources from for example from the internal hard drive to USB1 then it's tabla rasa. More to follow.........though, Norman that's a great idea you suggested............I feel like a Mad Scientist. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Sakura

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,071 Posts
I have a 64GB Pen drive in mine and it works fine. I just stuck it in, was I supposed to format it?

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have a 64GB Pen drive in mine and it works fine. I just stuck it in, was I supposed to format it?
If it was formatted FAT32 as Pen Drives usually are you were good to go. Though, Russ does it remember the last song played or does it start from the same song every time?

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Well I tried everything I could think of to include various formats and various capacities (8, 16, 32 and 64GB) with the USB Pen Drive (Port #1), and I could not get the infotainment system to remember the last song played. That problem also extends to the Internal Hard Drive as well. Every time you shut the EVO down and go out for another drive whether internal hard drive or USB the music has to load and you are at ground zero again. As I stated above, I solved the shuffling dilemma but I have nothing to offer regarding remembering the last song played. This deficiency was also manifested on my 2021 EVO as well. Therefore, the problem, the shortcoming resides with the infotainment system design.

Reactions: Sakura

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Repost:

I found a workaround for the static at startup:
  • Play a song from a selected source (USB #1 or Hard Drive) and then set the volume to zero before exiting car
  • Shut car down
  • When go out in the car again, wait for my source to load the music, then select a song, and then hit play
  • Then turn the volume up
I just need to remember to set the volume to zero when exiting the EVO. Should I need to do this? No but it works.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.