Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
The left fan comes on first, and whenever the AC compressor is running, so it's more likely to go bad than the right fan because it's used more. I had the left fan fail first, and it was an easy replacement with the exact same part from Amazon for $150. Shortly later, my right fan stopped working, and that turned out to be corrosion in the electrical connector for the fan. The fan worked great after replacing the connector. So you may want to check the connectors.

In terms of engine damage, doesn't sound like you did any damage. It's usually the people that keep driving when the coolant lets go that damage the engine. But if you want to know for sure, you can do a search on YouTube for diagnosing head gasket failures and valve issues. The Lambo is the exact same for diagnosing head gasket and valve issues as any other car engine.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Stimpy! You are such a great help to this forum. Can you please provide the link to the fan on Amazon. Unfortunately I paid almost $400, but just incase the left one goes out I’ll know what to buy

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Thank you Stimpy! You are such a great help to this forum. Can you please provide the link to the fan on Amazon. Unfortunately I paid almost $400, but just incase the left one goes out I’ll know what to buy
You're welcome.

I checked my invoice and it was $135 shipped when I bought it in 2016, but now it's $202 before tax. Darn inflation. You might be able to find it for less somewhere else.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I received the passenger side fan today and installed it, now it works when it gets to 90C but the left side is not coming on. Does the driver side come on when it gets hotter?

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I received the passenger side fan today and installed it, now it works when it gets to 90C but the left side is not coming on. Does the driver side come on when it gets hotter?
Which side of the road do you drive on? Some UK owners here.

The left side has the AC condenser, so it comes on first, and right side only comes on if needed.

Does your AC work? Do you hear the compressor cycling on and off a lot?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’m in California and it’s left side steering. Yes I do hear the ac compressor cycling on and off often, I feel cold air coming out the vents but my climate control says “service” on it. I’m going to try to reset it

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I’m in California and it’s left side steering. Yes I do hear the ac compressor cycling on and off often, I feel cold air coming out the vents but my climate control says “service” on it. I’m going to try to reset it
To answer your previous question, the left side should definitely come on when the AC is on and/or the engine is hot. The right side only comes on if the left side isn’t getting the job done on its own.

Check the connectors for corrosion.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.