Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm looking into purchasing a Murcie Roadster, but the Soft top is really making the decision difficult. As I would have a daily driver, but absolutely drive this car into the ground. (it will definitely not be a garage queen)

Anyways, I live in Central California, and we have long Summers, but do have Rain as well, and I would love to drive this car in the winter.

The soft top apparently looks complicated to put on, (even with 4 people doing one at the same time) and it seems relatively weak..

So my question is, does anyone know a place that would construct maybe a hard removable top or something easier to put on? Maybe something that lasts over 100 kmh?

If anyone has a clue to who I can contact or speak with about this, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,
Eli

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
swiss dealer Affolter is working on a carbon roof for the roadster... :wave:

·
Registered
40 Posts
raymond said:
swiss dealer Affolter is working on a carbon roof for the roadster... :wave:
That's good to hear. Any more info on how it will be conceived?

As far as I understood the whole Roadster idea was not to be a alternative for the coupe version but rather a car you would only take out on good weather. This way they will try and force people who can buy both to buy them as well. It also makes it more of an exotic, and that's why they made the roof so damn clumsy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies!

I'll definitely look into the Affolter Solution.

Janus,

Those were some interesting points, I never thought about it that way. Didn't realize they were that sneaky. :D

Thanks for the information once again guys,

Eli

·
Registered
62 Posts
Wow, imagine that! A removable glass roof on a mucielago roadster! That would make the best lamborghini ( and the best car ) on earth even more stunning, while at the same time it would improve drivabilaty and overall comfort.

·
Registered
142 Posts
As far as I understood the whole Roadster idea was not to be a alternative for the coupe version but rather a car you would only take out on good weather. This way they will try and force people who can buy both to buy them as well. It also makes it more of an exotic, and that's why they made the roof so damn clumsy.
Actually it is just that Audi didnt fully understand what the typical lambo driver wants and didnt learn Lambo history: diablo roadster. If they remembered the diablo roadster, they would have revised their rag top philosophy. Its not like lambos are the old vipers that have a rag top...

·
Registered
258 Posts
qvpower said:
Actually it is just that Audi didnt fully understand what the typical lambo driver wants and didnt learn Lambo history: diablo roadster. If they remembered the diablo roadster, they would have revised their rag top philosophy. Its not like lambos are the old vipers that have a rag top...
On the recent "Rides" program on Lamborghini, Luc Donkerwolke, on
camera, says very clearly, that they understood that the Murci Roadster
was quite "uncompromising". But that the "build it and we will come" replies
they got, dictated that the customers wanted it anyway. So I think they
understood. If it was me, I wouldn't have provided even a rag top. I would
have given you an attachable toneau, to cover the hole, and that is all.
After all, the design was for no top! In Detroit, a top didnt' matter, it was
too drop dead gorgeous! (Still is ! I wish I could see a real one !!)

But everyone didn't understand that, and now people are asking
for more, which is fine. And there is interesting design space here to take
advantage of as well, as was pointed out already on this thread.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts