Lamborghini Talk banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
How do you compare the Tesla to the G? They seem like complete opposites.
They are complete opposites, but that's why I like it. One is about tech and comfort, the other is about just power and emotion. Good mix of daily and weekend.

·
Registered
18 Posts
For me it was a decision between the G, R35, or Tesla Model S.

Tesla is faster, way more gizmo features, can fit the kids in the back, cheaper on energy.... On paper it makes WAY more sense. But I bought the G.

About a month later driving down the highway in my big truck I spotted a bright orange G going the other way. Immediately caught my attention and was one of those "Whoa look at that lambo" moments. After a couple more minutes I happened to look down next to me and there were 3x Tesla Model S driving in the lane beside me. They'd been there for a while.....I didn't even notice them..... Don't regret my choice one bit.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Tesla’s experience will fade and you will be left unsatisfied
R35 is nice and is expandable as needed
The g you need to do nothing and it’s already a timeless great car

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Driving a Tesla is like driving an appliance. My Samsung washing machine provides the same level of excitement. Zero

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Teslas are a great vehicle for sure, very quick, however; they they lack a soul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,990 Posts
The C8 apparently is not getting a lot of love on this thread but I am on the list to get one. I have never, let me repeat that again, never owned an American car but I feel the C8 is worth giving the benefit of the doubt + in addition to her beamer the wife wants a C8. So I will let you know our impressions when that day comes.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
The C8 apparently is not getting a lot of love on this thread but I am on the list to get one. I have never, let me repeat that again, never owned an American car but I feel the C8 is worth giving the benefit of the doubt + in addition to her beamer the wife wants a C8. So I will let you know our impressions when that day comes.
I purchased a c6 when it first was released. I liked the car but was tired of seeing it everywhere. Not only that, the only people I saw driving them were old foggies, like 65+ years old. I did not want to be associated with a car that was for grandpas.
I sold it not too much after.
Does the new one inspire anything different? Not from what I have seen and read.
And I am almost at grandpa age.
(Before anyone gets their feathers ruffled, some of this is sarcasm, you can pick which part)

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,990 Posts
@topcarbon all salient points.....who knows the wife may change her mind.......a women's prerogative. Though, if her interest does not wane then if she wants it what's 80 or 90K between soul mates. ;) When I was in the market for a 2RS I called her when she was doing the grandkid thing and she said "if you want it get it". Nuff said.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
@topcarbon all salient points.....who know the wife may change her mind.......a women's prerogative. Though, if her interest does not wane then if she wants it what's 80 or 90K between soul mates. ;) When I was in the market for a 2RS I called her when she was doing the grandkid thing and she said "if you want it get it". Nuff said.
So the corvette is for your wife?
Now that’s different. Definitely a keeper.
I would consider the ZR1 if it ever gets built.
RS2 is completely different beast.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,990 Posts
I hear you the last iteration of the ZR1 was pretty impressive and if they release another that would be something to take a closer look at.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I purchased a c6 when it first was released. I liked the car but was tired of seeing it everywhere. Not only that, the only people I saw driving them were old foggies, like 65+ years old. I did not want to be associated with a car that was for grandpas.
I sold it not too much after.
Does the new one inspire anything different? Not from what I have seen and read.
And I am almost at grandpa age.
(Before anyone gets their feathers ruffled, some of this is sarcasm, you can pick which part)
Ruffled feathers??? You were way kinder than I would have been. So no comment.

·
Registered
179 Posts

Currently have the C8, LP560 Gallardo and LP610 Huracan. All three offer very different driving experiences. The C8 is absolutely impressive at its price point. With that being said, it is not as exciting to drive as either the G or the H. The C8 would scratch the itch if you were cross shopping a 911, not a Lamborghini

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,990 Posts
@goldlifter, looks sweet, Enjoy! I am on the list for a C8 and should hopefully get one by the time the summer rolls around. The C8 appears to be a lot of bang for the buck.

·
Registered
179 Posts
@goldlifter, looks sweet, Enjoy! I am on the list for a C8 and should hopefully get one by the time the summer rolls around. The C8 appears to be a lot of bang for the buck.
Thank you sir! I used to restore Corvettes years ago so this makes it every generation of Corvette having owned. From generation to generation, there has not been a greater overall improvement in all aspects. All the cheap feeling interiors and squeaks/rattles are completely gone and it seems to finally be the car to shake the "old man" image bestowed on the brand. People trying to compare the C8 to Ferrari, Lamborghini or McLaren are completely missing the point. You will love it, well worth the wait.

Reactions: Lambo2018

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,990 Posts
Thank you sir! I used to restore Corvettes years ago so this makes it every generation of Corvette having owned. From generation to generation, there has not been a greater overall improvement in all aspects. All the cheap feeling interiors and squeaks/rattles are completely gone and it seems to finally be the car to shake the "old man" image bestowed on the brand. People trying to compare the C8 to Ferrari, Lamborghini or McLaren are completely missing the point. You will love it, well worth the wait.
I am truly impressed with this new corvette and we are excited about this latest creation. Keep posting your impressions but Chevrolet knocked it out of the park with the C8. (y)

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,256 Posts
I never thought I would say this because I have absolutely never been an American car fan much less a Corvette fan, but having seen a few C8’s on the road and I must give kudos to Chevrolet’s designer. They are head turning in their stylish design, but the problem is they will soon be mass produced and everywhere like all the other iterations. Undoubtedly large bang for the buck and good for them, but as for me I’ll stick with Lamborghini.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,990 Posts
I never thought I would say this because I have absolutely never been an American car fan much less a Corvette fan, but having seen a few C8’s on the road and I must give kudos to Chevrolet’s designer. They are head turning in their stylish design, but the problem is they will soon be mass produced and everywhere like all the other iterations. Undoubtedly large bang for the buck and good for them, but as for me I’ll stick with Lamborghini.
Agree, the numbers for the C8 are undoubtedly going to go up but if it's a good Sports car the lack of exclusivity is not an issue that concerns me. Heck, I love my Hondas and have been guying them since 1986 and that is not exactly a limited production car but boy has it been exceptionally reliable over the past 35 years.

·
Registered
179 Posts
The lack of attention(eventally) is one of the things i love about corvettes. I can park it anywhere and not worry about it, hence, why its my new daily. People arent doing dumb **** on/around them for social media clout....with firsthand experience, unfortunately, thats not the case with Lamborghinis

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,990 Posts
The lack of attention(eventally) is one of the things i love about corvettes. I can park it anywhere and not worry about it, hence, why its my new daily. People arent doing dumb **** on/around them for social media clout....with firsthand experience, unfortunately, thats not the case with Lamborghinis
Never owned a corvette or had an interest in owning one until the C8 came out. Although, I hear what you're saying about less attention than a Lambo it still, at least for the present, attracts some admiring fans. BTW, this will be my first American car.................... ;)

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Here is the test. If you are driving the vette and see a Lambo will you think........I almost bought one. If driving the Lambo and see a vette, boy I ALMOST bought one.Whew! LOL

21 - 40 of 54 Posts