Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
Discussion Starter #1
One day on the way home my top got stuck in the open position. I got home and after trying everything I realized that there was a leak of fluid under the car.
These photos are the result of what followed. This car had 500 miles on it! Lamborghini completely removed and replaced my top along with all the components plus my carpeting.
All new parts were flown in from the factory in less than a week. The car was returned back to me FLAWLESS. I told Albert I would post a few pics.

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
I am just stunned with a car at this price point having that kind of issue. I fully understand these things happen but goodness. I hope to heck my Huracan doesn't start springing leaks.
You know Russ I have owned Honda Accords for over 30 years and never had any such issue, in fact, I had one Accord for 12 years and I put 354K miles on it and then someone bought it from me for $3K.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #3
I am just stunned with a car at this price point having that kind of issue. I fully understand these things happen but goodness. I hope to heck my Huracan doesn't start springing leaks.
You know Russ I have owned Honda Accords for over 30 years and never had any such issue, in fact, I had one Accord for 12 years and I put 354K miles on it and then someone bought it from me for $3K.
Yes, I admit that I was shocked when the mechanic forwarded me those photos. At first glance I couldn't even tell where the front of my car was, lol. I thought it would be a simple brass fitting replacement. I knew I was selling the car within the next couple of months so I wasn't too upset. Other than that I have had pretty luck with all my others.

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Yes, I admit that I was shocked when the mechanic forwarded me those photos. At first glance I couldn't even tell where the front of my car was, lol. I thought it would be a simple brass fitting replacement.
Shocked? I'd say..........maybe a simple brass fitting was on the parts list but boy it looks like it needed a heck of a lot more parts as well.

Registered
Shocked? I'd say..........maybe a simple brass fitting was on the parts list but boy it looks like it needed a heck of a lot more parts as well.
It鈥檚 a Lamborghini! Nothing鈥檚 simple.

Reactions: DXM31

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
It鈥檚 a Lamborghini! Nothing鈥檚 simple.
You're probably right. Just looking at that third picture, and the apparent complexity, gives me a headache.

Premium Member
That's like replacing the whole top when they could've just replaced the hydraulic. A hydraulic work shouldn't take more than 3 hours work. But glad that you got it fixed and the dealership acted fast.

Premium Member
Yeah the Japanese make a very reliable car just very boring to drive :ROFLMAO: I only have a fail battery in my Honda because I was skimping putting a new one, it's nuts how reliable a car can get. I have a feeling the car will still turn if I drive the car into the lake.

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Yeah the Japanese make a very reliable car just very boring to drive :ROFLMAO: I only have a fail battery in my Honda because I was skimping putting a new one, it's nuts how reliable a car can get. I have a feeling the car will still turn if I drive the car into the lake.
Absolutely correct on both counts and underscore reliable. As far as Honda batteries are concerned the battery delivered with a new Honda lasts between 2 to 4 years......those are not the best batteries they install.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #10
That's like replacing the whole top when they could've just replaced the hydraulic. A hydraulic work shouldn't take more than 3 hours work. But glad that you got it fixed and the dealership acted fast.
They literally gutted the entire hydraulic system and the entire soft top and all it鈥檚 moving parts. The mechanic told me that even though the parts were all still good but Lamborghini insisted on replacing everything new.

Reactions: DXM31 and Sakura

Premium Member
They literally gutted the entire hydraulic system and the entire soft top and all it鈥檚 moving parts. The mechanic told me that even though the parts were all still good but Lamborghini insisted on replacing everything new.
That is very nice gesture from Lambo (y)

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
That is very nice gesture from Lambo (y)
I feel a bit differently, although I am glad Russ didn't get any resistance from Lamborghini, in my opinion, the problem he experienced was not acceptable on any car let alone one that costs a $250K +/-. The problem Russ experienced can only be explained by substandard/poor workmanship. Lamborghini needs to be held to a reasonable, if not high, standard. Keep in mind, these Lamborghinis' are just cars not Chariots of the the Gods.

Registered
Purely speculation on my part but, Lamborghini wanted the whole top to investigate what happened to it. They wanted to know why it failed. Reminds me of the Corvette ZR1, the one with the Yamaha designed/Mercury Marine built engine. In that case if the motor failed the dealers were told not to work on it but send back to the factory and put in a new motor.
Oh and about Honda, my experience was not as positive as others. I had an S2000 that had more recalls than ANY car I have ever owned. Also a friend had a Honda Mini-van that the oil rings went out and they replaced the engine, it was fairly new at the time. Oh and another guy had a mini-van and the auto door would just randomly stop working. Needless to say I am not a Honda person. And their bikes are boring. OK sorry, had to rant.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #14
I鈥檓 sure Lamborghini was not happy to find a catastrophic failure of a very important hydraulic system on a brand new car. I had only used the top about a dozen times when it froze. I think it must have been leaking very slowly since day one and the fittings were not properly secured. All the parts were shipped back to the factory which led me to believe they wanted to investigate the, issue in depth.

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Purely speculation on my part but, Lamborghini wanted the whole top to investigate what happened to it. They wanted to know why it failed. Reminds me of the Corvette ZR1, the one with the Yamaha designed/Mercury Marine built engine. In that case if the motor failed the dealers were told not to work on it but send back to the factory and put in a new motor.
Oh and about Honda, my experience was not as positive as others. I had an S2000 that had more recalls than ANY car I have ever owned. Also a friend had a Honda Mini-van that the oil rings went out and they replaced the engine, it was fairly new at the time. Oh and another guy had a mini-van and the auto door would just randomly stop working. Needless to say I am not a Honda person. And their bikes are boring. OK sorry, had to rant.
I鈥檓 sure Lamborghini was not happy to find a catastrophic failure of a very important hydraulic system on a brand new car. I had only used the top about a dozen times when it froze. I think it must have been leaking very slowly since day one and the fittings were not properly secured. All the parts were shipped back to the factory which led me to believe they wanted to investigate the, issue in depth.
Hope you gentlemen are right and that a proper investigation was done. Let's just put it this way if that was a keeper* I would have been, what's the French word, PISSED.

*I know Russ was about to sell the Huracan so he was less impacted

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
My friend I have a great deal on a Honda I'm selling.............hmmmmmmmm maybe not. 馃榿

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #17
This 2016 Spyder was one of the release cars they sent to all the dealers for demo. It was the first batch of spyders released. I saw it come in and before it went out as their demo I bought it. I am thinking that Lamborghini that have been concerned there was a flaw with the first production. I would be willing to bet they sent out a notice to dealers that received them in order to correct the problem. I didn't see any kind of a recall, but really didn't look for one.

Registered
This 2016 Spyder was one of the release cars they sent to all the dealers for demo. It was the first batch of spyders released. I saw it come in and before it went out as their demo I bought it. I am thinking that Lamborghini that have been concerned there was a flaw with the first production. I would be willing to bet they sent out a notice to dealers that received them in order to correct the problem. I didn't see any kind of a recall, but really didn't look for one.
Mine came from the same line as yours. In fact it was the Spyder that was presented at the motor Show in Geneva and the dealer kept it after the show. When Russk shared his experience I asked my mechanic about a possible issue. He said that the've gotten an instruction paper to inspect the hydraulic system of the top when the car is serviced the next time. But they did not find anything abnormal and all is fine. Also the other Sypders in my country were fine. Luckily I never had any problem so far (knock on wood and keep fingers crossed).

The mechanic even told me that they never had a car that is so reliable in this segement. Since the H is on the market they only had one to replace the engine (15k mls) and another one with a tranny issue (control unit failure).Two mechanics from the factory drove up from Italy (5h to the dealer here) with the new engine in the morning and made the transplant in the afternoon (ok, car was already on the lift and prepared to get the engine out).They took the damaged engine with them for further analysis. A friend of mine with a 650S had the car for 6 weeks sitting at the dealer until McLaren was able to deliver a replacement part for the suspension. Asking the factory why is so much delay they said that they are producing parts for the new car and have no time to produce the replacement one. It will be made after the current batch of cars...but it will be brandnew then.

Reactions: Lambo2018

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Mine came from the same line as yours. In fact it was the Spyder that was presented at the motor Show in Geneva and the dealer kept it after the show. When Russk shared his experience I asked my mechanic about a possible issue. He said that the've gotten an instruction paper to inspect the hydraulic system of the top when the car is serviced the next time. But they did not find anything abnormal and all is fine. Also the other Sypders in my country were fine. Luckily I never had any problem so far (knock on wood and keep fingers crossed).

The mechanic even told me that they never had a car that is so reliable in this segement. Since the H is on the market they only had one to replace the engine (15k mls) and another one with a tranny issue (control unit failure).Two mechanics from the factory drove up from Italy (5h to the dealer here) with the new engine in the morning and made the transplant in the afternoon (ok, car was already on the lift and prepared to get the engine out).They took the damaged engine with them for further analysis. A friend of mine with a 650S had the car for 6 weeks sitting at the dealer until McLaren was able to deliver a replacement part for the suspension. Asking the factory why is so much delay they said that they are producing parts for the new car and have no time to produce the replacement one. It will be made after the current batch of cars...but it will be brandnew then.
My friend that is encouraging to know thanks for the detailed write up, and that does comport with much of what I have read about the Huracan. I hope that the experience Russ had was anomalous and rare. My observation with the Huracans' is that many owners don't drive them that much even over their lifetime so it's hard to say with certainty that it's a reliable car. Heck there are 2015s with only a couple of thousand miles on the odometer. My impression is many of the Huracans' are garage Queens. Admittedly, I did post that one Huracan that was a rental from Las Vegas with 188K miles but that is more of an outlier. What we can say though is Huracan's, at least apparently, aren't problem ridden, and when they need repairs those repairs are handled expeditiously by Lamborghini.

Registered
Drove an Evo Spyder for several hours yesterday. Had the top down for awhile and must say, the center console was rendered useless as the sun beat down on it, could hardly see a thing.

Any owners with hands on experience?

Reactions: DXM31
1 - 20 of 20 Posts