Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Looking to purchase a 2015-2019 huracan lp580 or 610. I am curious as I know the current market is inflated and you can reference the classifieds a few months back or years to see that. Any insight on what you may believe will happen over the winter or within a year? Is it a stupid time to buy? Will the market just keep going up with the huge electric/hybrid push that’s happening?

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,471 Posts
I agree with Topcarbon, most economists see the chip shortages and overall supply issues lasting well into next year and beyond. I wouldn’t even start looking till about this time next year. Prices will normalize eventually. The only option is to try and buy new, and even then dealers are taking advantage of the high demand.

·
Registered
82 Posts
unfortunately the market is what it is and i don’t see prices coming down for the next 18+ months. This is just the way it’s gonna be. If you have the funds and you want to enjoy it with a lambo, go for it man. You won’t regret it, you could always well it in 16 months for probably the same you bought it for

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,503 Posts
If you have the funds and you want to enjoy it with a lambo, go for it man. You won’t regret it, you could always well it in 16 months for probably the same you bought it for
Both salient points. If you can afford it, you can't afford not to buy one now. The other comment is equally accurate, case in point bought a new 2021 EVO RWD had it for 5 months, put 1747 miles on it and sold it back to the dealership for full MSRP + $17K tax recoupment, and truth be told, the dealership got an equally good deal and turned around and sold it for $30K over MSRP i.e., Win-Win. I then turned around specced a 2022 EVO RWD which will arrive in a couple of days.
Other advice:
1. if you can buy new I would, and better yet, spec a new EVO RWD. Though, be advised that is easier said then done given that allocations are in short supply but I would still see if you can manage to get one
2. As you well know, cars are not investments so I approach these purchases with the mindset that this is mad money and if I lose my shirt es macht nichts. Though, in this market it would be hard to lose your whole shirt........maybe only a collar or cuff if even that much. :giggle:
3. Lastly, best of luck with what ever you decide!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Almost makes me look smart for buying my car a little over three years ago when you could get them below MSRP. Almost.
My son finally caved and bought a Porsche after discussions about what a horrible market it is for buying a car. He is happy, but he had to pay MSRP for a five year old Porsche.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Yep, horrible time to buy......but if you made a butt load of money in the market it's probably a wash. In Feb 2020, I bought a 28k mile Ford GT for $182k. Just today, a guy posts a 25k mile one in the same color for $325k.....and people are all over him trying to buy it.

Buying a new Lamborghini seems to be the best financial play....when is that ever true?

Crazy times

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Almost makes me look smart for buying my car a little over three years ago when you could get them below MSRP. Almost.
My son finally caved and bought a Porsche after discussions about what a horrible market it is for buying a car. He is happy, but he had to pay MSRP for a five year old Porsche.
3 years ago I bought 2016 580-2 with 1000 miles and $270k msrp for $190K cash with no excise tax. Included laser jammer saved my ass numerous times tint and ceramic coating.

Drove it for a nice 1 hour run this morning.

With a functioning volume knob I may drive this into the ground.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,503 Posts
Is it a smart time to buy? Let me think, over the past year I bought three Huracans', so therefore, it must be. QED! :giggle:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
With a functioning volume knob I may drive this into the ground.
And a button for the seat heater, which comes in handy when the weather gets cooler.
I will probably drive mine until I'm in the ground. Although I did see a '22 GT3 the other day that got me to thinking but Porsche dealers play those stupid games, so nope, I'm keeping my little 580.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,503 Posts
^^Just spit falling, but you guys wouldn’t, by chance, have 5+ year old smartphones?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
^^Just spit falling, but you guys wouldn’t, by chance, have 5+ year old smartphones?
Close, it's 2+, but after reading the comments on reddit, it's still the one to have. Apparently phones also have issues when they try to add stuff to "improve" them. My sportbike is 20yo. :LOL: No ABS, no wheelie control, no traction control,... It's all up to me.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,503 Posts
^^I hear you! Some people probably still miss the horse and buggy days! Undoubtedly, less buggy. :giggle:

Reactions: DXM31

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Close, it's 2+, but after reading the comments on reddit, it's still the one to have. Apparently phones also have issues when they try to add stuff to "improve" them. My sportbike is 20yo. :LOL: No ABS, no wheelie control, no traction control,... It's all up to me.
Bought my iphone X fall 2017 and had the original replaced fall 2019 under Applecare for broken screen. Still looks brand new without a scratch at 2 years.

Im not an avid photographer so dont need the more recent iphone with better camera and my X does everything i need it to.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
And a button for the seat heater, which comes in handy when the weather gets cooler.
I will probably drive mine until I'm in the ground. Although I did see a '22 GT3 the other day that got me to thinking but Porsche dealers play those stupid games, so nope, I'm keeping my little 580.
A/C knob is key too especially where I live im frequently adjusting it and often small increments.

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Bought my iphone X fall 2017 and had the original replaced fall 2019 under Applecare for broken screen. Still looks brand new without a scratch at 2 years.

Im not an avid photographer so dont need the more recent iphone with better camera and my X does everything i need it to.
Haha! I still have the X and during a recent replacement under warranty I was surprised to hear that I’ve had it for several years too!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts