Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
I ordered a fancy one too....have been lucky not to drive off without it.....plus the originals were selling for stupid money the last time I looked.

The way I look at it, if I'm going to be pumping gas for 20 freakin minutes might as well have something shiny to stare at.

As soon as I can stand up maybe I'll take a picture.

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,486 Posts
Shark, that is hilarious! My big pet peeve about that car is fueling it. Takes longer to fuel it then to empty the gas tank at 7000 RPMs!

come to think of it, that shiny gas cap looks exactly like the one on my Gallardo. When I get home I’ll switch them and see if they are compatible as you might be able to find them cheaper using the Gallardo parts manual.

·
Registered
1995 Diablo VT
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree! The black plastic one just seemed really out of place in such a beautiful car!! Even though we would be the only ones to ever see it! Lol

·
Registered
491 Posts
Shark, that is hilarious! My big pet peeve about that car is fueling it. Takes longer to fuel it then to empty the gas tank at 7000 RPMs!

come to think of it, that shiny gas cap looks exactly like the one on my Gallardo. When I get home I’ll switch them and see if they are compatible as you might be able to find them cheaper using the Gallardo parts manual.
I believe it is the same cap. I've never thought it took long to fuel mine. Is that a model specific thing or maybe just a tank venting issue?

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,486 Posts
Consider yourself lucky, Seth. Every Diablo owner I have talk to has an issue with it going in slowly, but if there is a trick I’m not aware of please tell me. I usually hold the nozzle upside down or at the 10 o’clock or 2 o’clock position and I can only get in a dribble of gas at a time. It probably takes 20 minutes maybe 15 minutes.

I have thought that maybe my venting system is clogged or there is an issue with the charcoal canisters but I don’t have any of the other symptoms that traditionally go along with those issues.

sorry, OP, I did not mean to hijack the thread.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Consider yourself lucky, Seth. Every Diablo owner I have talk to has an issue with it going in slowly, but if there is a trick I’m not aware of please tell me. I usually hold the nozzle upside down or at the 10 o’clock or 2 o’clock position and I can only get in a dribble of gas at a time. It probably takes 20 minutes maybe 15 minutes.

I have thought that maybe my venting system is clogged or there is an issue with the charcoal canisters but I don’t have any of the other symptoms that traditionally go along with those issues.

sorry, OP, I did not mean to hijack the thread.
My only advice is just let it get down to 1/2 before refilling

Reactions: Toddlambo

·
Registered
1995 Diablo VT
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I filled mine up for the first time last week and didn’t not notice any different!? However the cars fuel gauge does seem wonky! It went from full to half in the blink of an eye. Setting still it was showing half a tank but only held about eight gallons? Since then the gauge seems to be holding steady-er. I think I have read that this is common with older cars?

·
Registered
1998 Lamborghini Diablo SV
255 Posts
I filled mine up for the first time last week and didn’t not notice any different!? However the cars fuel gauge does seem wonky! It went from full to half in the blink of an eye. Setting still it was showing half a tank but only held about eight gallons? Since then the gauge seems to be holding steady-er. I think I have read that this is common with older cars?
Fuel gauge is pretty worthless. As far as filling. I have to hold the trigger down only about 1/2-3/4's. If I let it go full blast, it'll shut off. Very annoying!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts