Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have noticed as of late in my EVO downshifting from 4-3 has actually gone 4-2. First couple times I discounted it as I possibly held the paddle for a split second longer which may have caused it. Not the case as it's done it several more times over the last week and I'm releasing immediately. I'm thinking it's overly sensitive or something depending upon where on the paddle I'm engaging the downshift. If there was an issue I'd have a transmission fault which I don't. Anyone seem to have noticed any odd shifting issues or patterns in their car?

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
When you down shift with the paddles do you hold it more than a momentary press/tap? The reason I ask, and you probably aware of this, if you hold onto the paddle more than a momentary tap it will continue to upshift or downshift.

Registered
Doesn't the DCT have a "kickdown" feature which would do this by design? I.e. for performance driving you want to drop to the lowest gear possible (i.e. coming out of a straight, into a a windy section). Is that what you're experiencing here vs. an accidental double shift down? It should be impossible to over-rev a DCT so I wouldn't worry about codes on a DME report etc.

Registered
2020 Huracan Evo with Heffner Twin Turbo
This is probably unrelated.. but here goes. I had a panamera Turbo with dual clutch and it started doing these sorts of skips.. including up shifts. Turns out it was a software glitch with the electric shifting in the pdk and it would put one clutch out of commission, so I would only get 1/3/5/7 or 2/4/6. But after a few shifts it would let me know there was a transmission error. Updating the software fixed this.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seems to be getting worse as of late. Will do 5-3,4-2 and 3-1 about 5% of the time. Occasionally when I pull the paddle to downshift it won't. Have to pull it again. This happened a few times in my 580-2 and I would have to toggle back up to strada and then back to Corsa. Dealer said they've never heard of this and I can't really find any info on it either. I'll follow up in a few weeks once the dealer gets it. Who knows it might have stored some soft codes.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Going to the dealer today. They think it's a bad micro switch in the paddle assembly. Said it's rare for them to go out but it does happen. It really has gotten annoying so I'm glad it will get fixed. I'll follow up once back. At best I'll have the car back by the end of this week. We'll see.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Going to the dealer today. They think it's a bad micro switch in the paddle assembly. Said it's rare for them to go out but it does happen. It really has gotten annoying so I'm glad it will get fixed. I'll follow up once back. At best I'll have the car back by the end of this week. We'll see.
Take copious pictures of the inside and outside of your EVO before dropping it off so there are no surprises when it returns home. Is the dealership going to provide door to door pick up and drop off? I have to say, the Austin dealership was good about offering that service.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, Lamborghini Las Vegas comes and gets the car and brings it back - 220 mile roundtrip. Driver also takes pics of the car before he loads it. I always tell the driver I'll tip him $50 if he brings it back in one piece. It's worked out well.

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
Yes, Lamborghini Las Vegas comes and gets the car and brings it back - 220 mile roundtrip. Driver also takes pics of the car before he loads it. I always tell the driver I'll tip him $50 if he brings it back in one piece. It's worked out well.
I have found that Tipping Can be most effective if given in advance. A promise or expectation of a tip is really meaningless. I personally tip before and after, works well for me.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
They often raise the FAL to load but before the driver departs I tell him it needs to be in the down position during transport. On the return trip home I remind the service advisor and driver the FAL should not be in the raised/up position during transport.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have found that Tipping Can be most effective if given in advance. A promise or expectation of a tip is really meaningless. I personally tip before and after, works well for me.
Appreciate your perspective. I've tried at different times in my life tipping in advance and it hasn't worked out for me. The expectation is not meaningless if you do follow through which of course I always do.

Registered
2022 Grigio Lynx EVO Spyder RWD on order
what are your findings in full automatic mode? Any observations in unusual downshifts or rpms?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts