Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased the interface for Sirus radio. I will be installing it in my Diablo. I don't want the antenna to show. It cannot be in the headliner because the roof is steel.

Anyone have experience with this? ANY SUGGESTIONS? My entire interior is out, I could put it anywhere.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Given the rake of the windshield, how about under the dash near the lower edge of the windshield? What is the construction of the dash - does it have steel frame??

-mick

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The dash is fiberglass. This seems like a good place. I was wondering if anyone has done it before and what I should expect. Has anyone put it in the dash? Even if it wasn't in a Diablo.

·
Registered
108 Posts
My friend has one on the dash of his Testarossa. Seems to work fine. I have yet to find the GPS antenna for the Alpine nav system in my Diablo (they're very similar to the satelltie radio antennas). I'll look again and see if they came up with anything clever...

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have had good reception with my Sirius antennae under the rear glass (not a Lambo ). As long as there is a clear view of the sky it's no problem. Any thing you drive under like trees, tunnels, etc. will block the signal though. Doesn't bother me much because I hate advertising. Just added MP3 which lets me carry my entire music collection in the palm of my hand. Still working toward the Lambo, will take a while yet. Good luck --Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.