Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How popular is silver on a Gallardo spyder. Will silver kill the resale value in the future. I have been offered a great deal on an 08 silver Gallardo spyder ex demo vehicle and I'm seriously considering it. The only problem is the colour just doesn't stick out that much. The other car is a 07 yellow spyder from the same dealer but the yellow one is 1 year older and is egear while the silver one is manual. the yellow older car is more expensive too by 10000 british pounds (about 15000 dollars) just because it's egear. I'm not really in the market right now for another car as I like my ferrari and I have more cars than I really need but the deal is too good to miss on the Lambo and am very tempted. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

P.S: Please don't advise me about not buying it because I don't need another car :). I just need advice on the colour and whether manual is a negative choice or not for a gallardo spyder in terms of resale.

Regards,
BANANA.

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
well silver is the easiest color to maintain.. and i would think its the most color orderd on any car.. all makes... as to resale value..its a G, and these days the market realy isnt holding the prices of these cars. just my thinking here.
but hey its a lambo, so it will stik out any were..lool

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Would you pay more for the 1 year older egear vehicle in yellow or stick with the newer manual silver car. And I am talking resale value. When I bought my ferrari the dealer said to me that Ferraris are not red anymore so he sold me a silver 360 spider. When I enquired about selling the car back to him he said that red is the best colour for a Ferrari :) and that my car wasn't too popular. I fell for the car dealer talk and I should have know better being an ex car dealer and importer myself loool. The Ferrari is still with me and I have always wished it wasn't silver.

If only the Gallardo Spyder in question is an egear balloon white with red leather I would jump all over it and not have to ask for any advice.

My questions again.
silver: yes or no?
manual: yes or no?

Regards,
BANANA.

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
why not go for the silver .. thats stick..lool so you enjoy the car while driving... forget e gaer .. stay piure... and you can get the car wraped to any color you want... im going that way.. seeing as i want to change more than one cars color.. but thats anouther story..loool

yellow has been done to death lately.. so go for the silver and dont look back.. the e gaers are good but on ocasion have issues that take ages to solve...

my 2 hallala's lol

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the response. Has car wrapping reached KSA yet? and how much would it be to wrap a vehicle. I know in Dubai my friend just wrapped his murcie for 27000 Dirhams. the job is amazing considering it's vinyl, but unfortunately you don't get the exact shine as paint but you would need to look real close and know what you are talking about to notice. I bet if I shopped around I could get an even better deal as the price difference from company to another is huge. A quote on wrapping an FJ Cruiser ranged from 17000 to 40000 dirhams in UAE.

In the UK I'm not sure if there are places that offer coloured wraps I would have to look into it more. I can imagine it right now a pearl effect pink Gallardo spyder cruising the streets of London this summer LOOOL

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
loool....your prices on the wrap thing are about right... for the uae... there is also the saudo tax..let alone the lambo tax... but atleast i get to avoidesraping the car with a crapy dealer i dont strust....... any way chek out my thread and tell me what you think.

fahad

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I just called it vinyl because I'm not sure what exactely it's made of. Can you post the link to the thread you want me to check out so I can have a read through it please.

Thanks and regards.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am the market to sell mine..egear 2006, black with black and red interior...make you a good price if interested
Thanks for the offer but I am actually looking for a right hand drive UK model Gallardo for my home in London. Yes believe it or not I'm trying to negotiate a deal on buying the car over the phone from Dubai with a dealer in London. I haven't seen the car except for some pictures and I have never even sat in a Gallardo and if it's smaller on the inside than my 360 spider than I'm in trouble. I need to when I have time go visit Lamborghini Dubai for a test sit to make sure I don't buy the car and then regret it just because it is too uncomfortable and small on the inside.
The current car prices in the UK are incredible and there are fantastic bargains out there. The car I am looking at is an ex demo 2008 model with less than a 1000 miles on it and I am saving a huge amount of money from the new price.
Black egear spyder sounds fantastic and If I was thinking with my heart than I would definitely be interested but for once I'm using my brain :) and the cost of purchase, shipping, tax and registration and the esva test in the UK will be just too much.

Regards,
BANANA.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Mate.. just bought a G in the UK to export over here.

Silver is the least desirable colour full stop. I had a 360 before as well (red) and bought that colour for a reason.

Think 10K is a big differencial for yellow though (is it the pearlescent or just the flat yellow ?).

I like egear but ended up with a manual.. I figured I would enjoy either and not much resale difference pretty even split of folks who prefer both.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I had a 2008 Atomic Orange Z06:

I was going to have it wrapped in "flat/matte black"... til I was quoted a $5000-6000 price tag... so I opted for metallic black racing stripe instead.

For $1500 bucks, I'd consider a wrap a seasonal preference, kinda like wearing a new coat or new shoes that you fancy at that particular moment in time... but, at $6000 a wrap, its gonna be on there a loooooooong time.... too costly for me to change on a whim.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts