Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I parked my car under a tree to get some shade only to find it covered with bird droppings.
I washed all of it off but some of it dripped into the engine compartment.
I am not going to hose the engine bay, question is will the dripped bird sh*t
cause corrosion of engine compartment/parts?

Silly but just wanted to know.

·
Registered
108 Posts
It depends on the bird, honestly. Most bird stuff will come off with no problem. However, we do have a particular bird here in Charleston whose droppings are extremely acidic. They ate through the clear coat on my Durango's paint in a matter of hours. It seems to be related to a particular berry that they eat for a couple of months a year, so we just don't park any cars under the trees at our office for those months. Stupid but true...

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would just try to get the bird doo off with some sort of quick detailer or plastic protectant before it stains anything. A lot of the birds now pass the berries that stain paint finsihes, so to be on the safe side, I woudl try to get the stuff off asap. Hoep this helps.

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
No Way!

I really want a bottle of his s**t remover, even if it's a fake.

Cgperry, I'd add that it also depended on what the bird ate.

This thread has gone to the crapper. :potty:

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I've been laughing about the title all day, but bird doodoo is actually a serious problem for paint (even clear coats) and should be removed ASAP to prevent/avoid serious discoloration of the paint. It's best to "get-it while it's wet" :)...and Wash Dat Chit OFF asap..with clean water and if neccesary some soap & water. Don't know what they eat, but paint sure doesn't like it!

:)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys !
did'nt think a silly question like this was gonna get any reply
it helps !

anyway all that **** is off the paint work its just the bits that got to the inner engine bay that i could not get off (i.e. in the engine mounts, exhausts ect.)

you'd guy's be laughing your heads off if you saw how much **** was on the car.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
bentasm1 said:
You can wash the engine bay and get the poo out. It's not a problem.

-Ben

Try not to get the engine compartment too wet. It could throw all kinds of check engine codes when the water gets into places its not suppose to.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I think that same bird crapped on my house. It looked like someone threw a gallon of paint on it!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Whenever I don't get it in time and it gets crusty (or the edges of it are caked on), I use Turtle Wax Bug & Tar spray. I swear by that stuff, even though it takes a fair bit of buffing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts