Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I may be loooking to buy a Silhouette in the next few months and was wondering if anyone could let me know what these cars are like to own in terms of

- running costs
- spares availability
- enjoyment!

thanks

Craig

·
Registered
164 Posts
A great, rare car. Speak to tony Lambo in Naples....he has the niceest example I have ever seen. Parts are a problem. Working on the car is not that hard unless you have to drop the engine for certain repairs. Make sure to get a PPI before finalizing any purchase. Car is in VERY short supply and should only increase in value.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Craig,

They are great cars if in proper running order. I don't know if you'll find one......but if you do make sure you know what your getting. A perfect car will cost $70,000 and up. A car that needs alot of work and paint etc, will cost in the $40,000 range but you will spend another $40K in restoration.
Let me know if you need any more help, as I own a perfect one (that is not for sale) and can tell you what to look out for.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
frank said:
A great, rare car. Speak to tony Lambo in Naples....he has the niceest example I have ever seen. Parts are a problem. Working on the car is not that hard unless you have to drop the engine for certain repairs. Make sure to get a PPI before finalizing any purchase. Car is in VERY short supply and should only increase in value.
Frank,

You are too kind...

Thank you. :wave:

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Well, the pieces for a Silouette should have almost the same availability like those of the P300 Urraco.
Remember I have enforced engine mounts, designed for the Jalpa's but they fit the Urraco too.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Craig,

Tony's comments are accurate. If you are fortunate enough to find one the driving experience is very rewarding!
The cars are not at all difficult to work on and you would be surprised how many parts are available for a rare car. Its rarety will ensure that the Silhouette will always be special...but I am biased!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the comments guys

your comments were very helpful

I have seen a car advertised in Europe for GBP 33k but haven't taken a look at it yet

will let you know when/if I do

Craig

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Paul

It was the second production car built. Has 51000km and seems to be very original from the photos.

Haven't taken a look at it yet.

P.S. you have my ideal combination of Lambos - LP400 & Silhouette.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts