Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all... Now on my 3rd Gallardo after a 5 year hiatus!... It's a 2007 E-Gear with 9K miles on the clock... drives lovely and condition is commensurate with a 9K car, however, when i'm pulling out of a junction in 1st, left or right, the car shudders/knocks/groans from the REAR, which disappears as soon as i straighten the wheel. Turning the wheel over 20mph, no issues, and no issue either in a straight line... Noticed a few posts on this (Akerman/Trans fluid etc...), but none seem to provide a definitive answer.
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

Thanks in advance, Andrew... UK

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers... that appears to be the solution... it was changed out at the last service, less than 250 miles ago, but possibly not using the correct fluid?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm interesting. What fluid did they use? Redline MT-90 or OEM 70W-75 G052171A2 is what I recommend but any GL-4 rated fluid works well.
Did you experience these same problems on your other Gallardos?
The fluid was not noted on the invoice... neither of my other Gallardo's had this issue...Yep, I've read Redline MT-90 is the one to go for.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Sounds like you differential when the car is cold
This is not uncommon
I thought that too.... but still an issue when car has warmed up... I've only covered a few hundred miles so far, so not really had proper drive.. I'm OK with the noise, as it's only when pulling out of a junction left or right... and have seen lot's of posts suggesting it's not uncommon... My concern however, was could I do 'damage' if i kept driving it without having it checked out. If it can be rectified with trans fluid change out i don't mind waiting 'til the next service.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cheers... I'm hearing this allot and moreover, Lamborghini have come back with.... 'Absolutely standard, the diffs rattle at low speed and the combination of very wide tyres, AWD, and aggressive steering geometry, results in these noises'

·
Registered
615 Posts
Cheers... I'm hearing this allot and moreover, Lamborghini have come back with.... 'Absolutely standard, the diffs rattle at low speed and the combination of very wide tyres, AWD, and aggressive steering geometry, results in these noises'
Yes, this "might" be what you have - but I have it too and it sounds bad!

I changed out the oil with what's recommended and it didn't help?

2004 Gallardo Egear

·
Registered
SL #7007
1,024 Posts
I'm just throwing ideas so don't laugh too much but in some AWD cars, if the tires are not within the same rolling diameter specs, they cause the drive systems to moan. Have you checked your tire sizes?

Reactions: Plumber

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, this "might" be what you have - but I have it too and it sounds bad!

I changed out the oil with what's recommended and it didn't help?

2004 Gallardo Egear
I guess if Lamborghini say it's not an issue then it isn't... however, i will ensure that the next time the car is serviced they use MT-90...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm just throwing ideas so don't laugh too much but in some AWD cars, if the tires are not within the same rolling diameter specs, they cause the drive systems to moan. Have you checked your tire sizes?
I'll check when I'm back home, but the 19" Callisto's, so assuming tyres are standard... As the car has covered only 9K, they may even be original rubber.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Be interested to know how many owners have experienced this... I'm now on my 3rd G (2 E-Gear and 1 Manual), and this is the first time for me..

·
Registered
253 Posts
Sorry just saw this and responding to the opening post.
That sort of behaviour and noise sounds quite like a tightly locking LSD. I have had various race cars and they all do that at low speeds when tightly turning and can be almost impossible to reverse in. It is possible that the clutch plates in the LSD have somehow welded together which might happen in an old car with very low mileage like yours that has obviously been parked-up for long periods.
Just a thought.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts