Lamborghini Talk banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

Registered
As someone who is looking to purchase his first lamborghini I have limited standing, but here are my thoughts. If money isn't the issue, I'd keep it, move it closer and potentially Turbo/SuperCharge it. The car is awesome and you don't need to get anything out of it, so drive the heck out of it.

If money is an issue. Looking at depreciation curves prior to Covid/supply chain issues, the price for a used H P was between 230-300k in may of 2020. Figuring prices are coming down and will eventually return to "standard" depreciation, that same 2018 H P should now sell for 160-230k in 22. It may take another year before prices return to "normal" depreciation but no one expects the prices to remain inflated forever.

I just sold my AMG GT a few weeks ago at the price I purchased it 2 years previous because I see prices declining. I'm doing my research and I'm finally able to purchase a Lamborghini (either M gated, H performante , or A S) but I'm trying to do so after prices get closer to "normal" depreciation.

Again, Keep it, drive it, enjoy it for as long as you can.

Registered
As someone who is looking to purchase his first lamborghini I have limited standing, but here are my thoughts. If money isn't the issue, I'd keep it, move it closer and potentially Turbo/SuperCharge it. The car is awesome and you don't need to get anything out of it, so drive the heck out of it.

If money is an issue. Looking at depreciation curves prior to Covid/supply chain issues, the price for a used H P was between 230-300k in may of 2020. Figuring prices are coming down and will eventually return to "standard" depreciation, that same 2018 H P should now sell for 160-230k in 22. It may take another year before prices return to "normal" depreciation but no one expects the prices to remain inflated forever.

I just sold my AMG GT a few weeks ago at the price I purchased it 2 years previous because I see prices declining. I'm doing my research and I'm finally able to purchase a Lamborghini (either M gated, H performante , or A S) but I'm trying to do so after prices get closer to "normal" depreciation.

Again, Keep it, drive it, enjoy it for as long as you can.
Agreed. HPs are already starting to wholesale in the $250-260k range.

Premium Member
Agreed. HPs are already starting to wholesale in the $250-260k range.
where are you seeing those numbers? At that price I'll pick one up again lol

Registered
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
So dealer offered to the take the car, give me an STO slot that delivers in Jan I could spec out. But it鈥檚 90k over and that鈥檚 what they want as the deposit

i specd with viola 30 and the code is AHVSNB if you want to see it on Lamborghini.
Strongly considering that.

but if not, I鈥檒l keep it and enjoy. An STO in my dream color sounds great especially since some believe this will be collectible

Registered
So dealer offered to the take the car, give me an STO slot that delivers in Jan I could spec out. But it鈥檚 90k over and that鈥檚 what they want as the deposit

i specd with viola 30 and the code is AHVSNB if you want to see it on Lamborghini.

but if not, I鈥檒l keep it and enjoy. An STO in my dream color sounds great especially since some believe this will be collectible
That's a terrible deal man, have you done any research yourself?.... $90k over LOL as the prices of the STO's are dropping each day, by January when you take delivery you'll be so far under water before you even drive it off the lot.

STO is not going to be a collectible lol , bunch of smoke being blow up your a** if the dealer is telling you all that.

Reactions: 2Tired

Registered

As Divine Gallardo said, this dealer is basically trying to scam you. Personally, I wouldn't work with them on any deal, out of principle.

If you want to lose $90k badly, I'll buy your HP off you right now for $230k, and you can get into one of the nearly MSRP STOs already on the market. 馃槑

Registered
I have a 2018 Huracan Performante in Giallo Inti color. Custom HREs. Car has been tracked here and there but in excellent condition. Signed on the door by Valentino Balboni. 7600 miles.

Dealer is offering 310k for it minus tires/brakes/service so 303k. I gave it to them to put for sale but pending on agreement for the difference in pricing for service. I understand its low price but i do not have the time to sell it due to work/ young child and the car is at my second home about 3 hours away. I am essentially selling it because I do not have the time to enjoy it anymore.

With that being said I totally miss the car and may just pay for the repairs and take it back. I want to get out on top of the market but is that on ok price? Should I wait a bit longer and risk market crashing? Could the performante be a collector one day?

I do not need the money so that is not a reason. I bought it in 2020 for 279k at 2000 miles so I would have made money and had fun with it. Thanks for any feedback as I do not have many folks to talk to on this.

Thanks,
What repairs?

Registered
I have debated selling my perf as well to capitalize in this market. I just don't think I can wait long enough to see prices come back to reality and jump into something else. I rather just keep it and enjoy it more and if it takes more of a hit, then so be it. If you are not hurting for the money then who cares?

I do like to switch up cars every few years to experience something new, but I just can't justify these prices man. I really want to try out a SVJ or 765 LT or Pista, but its just outrageous what they are going for.

Reactions: fabo and 2Tired

Premium Member
Aventador Roadster Extreme Edition, Huracan Performante, Gallardo Performante
Lots of great advice in this thread.

Registered
I think I鈥檓 partial because I have a perf as well but having driven a good variety of other cars I say keep the perf and a well maintained one won鈥檛 ever lose ya money (no substantial money anyway. People who can afford these cars will step up for a well cared for one). And as far a collector how many perfs were built? I thought I read in here 1500? 900 coupe and 600 spyder? Out of those (if those figures are correct) I know a handful have been TT鈥檇 already, and some crashed. So I would like to think there is going to be some collectibility in a stock one especially since it was the 鈥渞ing king鈥 at one point and the first car to introduce lambos 鈥淎LA鈥 system. And kind of a side bar, what was the STO鈥檚 time
Compared to the perf? I never did find it 馃う馃徎鈥嶁檪锔

Registered
I think I鈥檓 partial because I have a perf as well but having driven a good variety of other cars I say keep the perf and a well maintained one won鈥檛 ever lose ya money (no substantial money anyway. People who can afford these cars will step up for a well cared for one). And as far a collector how many perfs were built? I thought I read in here 1500? 900 coupe and 600 spyder? Out of those (if those figures are correct) I know a handful have been TT鈥檇 already, and some crashed. So I would like to think there is going to be some collectibility in a stock one especially since it was the 鈥渞ing king鈥 at one point and the first car to introduce lambos 鈥淎LA鈥 system. And kind of a side bar, what was the STO鈥檚 time
your wrong...just sell it

Registered
I wouldn't get caught up in the collectibility aspect. While it does have attributes that could make it collectible, it won't be for a number of years before you even see it come to play...if it ever does. Plus the collector cars will have such low miles.

I do think with everything going electric that there will be a high demand for these amazing NA V10's - and the Perf is a special version of that. Having the ALA, ring holder, etc will definitely make it desirable for years to come.

Yes there were about 1500 made total with around 500-600 being spyders.

Reactions: 2Tired and Wagdaddy

Registered
I would sell it. Wait 3-4 months and buy back in when the market comes back to reality. The shift is happening. The Performante is selling from dealer at $325-330 so if you can squeeze more value out, I would do that. How many times can you say you drove something for years for free... unless its a special edition, never.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts