Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys:

I am looking at '04/'05 Gallardos from dealers and private sellers on eBay. What should I be concerned about before bidding?

Many thanks,
Chad

·
Registered
163 Posts
I discovered my Gallardo on ebay. You should definitely fly out to the location to see the car before you even think about bidding. There are too many risks involved in just bidding blindly on most ebay items, especially an exotic car costing upwards of $100,000.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
chadlaw1 said:
Hey guys:

I am looking at '04/'05 Gallardos from dealers and private sellers on eBay. What should I be concerned about before bidding?

Many thanks,
Chad
Chad: Never buy a car directly on Ebay! Never! Fly out to drive the car, check it out thoroughly anad have a PPI done! Then you will not suffer dissapointment. There are a lot of phoneys out there on Ebay trying to unload cars and Ebay does not go after them when they are discovered. In that respect Ebay "sucks bigtime". Ebay will leave you hanging. They just want the fees.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks for taking the time to write back, guys (especially veterans like Speed2 and YellowMurci). I'll be sure and handle my due diligience in advance.

Enjoy the holiday weekend!
Chad

·
Registered
78 Posts
I could not agree more; "BE VERY CAUTIOUS"...... if it looks, sounds, and walks like a......... then fricken run.....

On the otherside there are dealers that use this as a means to bring you closer to their inventory........

Just be careful

Shadowman

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Shadowman. What do you think of Auto Link in Dallas? They have a black '04 G egear with 5k miles right now -- one of the eBay items I'm considering.

Best,
Chad

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have done it, just make sure you do all the regular checks, there are some scammers about but when you are talking that kinda money get it right the first time :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts