Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks.
New to forum. Looking to purchase a Gallardo in the next couple years for my 50th birthday present to me. There has been one for sale locally to me but it seems really fishy. It’s priced pretty low in my opinion but has me winding if I should pull the trigger early. Seems to be missing information from its history. (Another member informed me ) I’ve tried contacting via email text and no response. I did get one response while ago. He said they can’t get the ad taken down but I see it gets reposted. The car I believe is an ex rental car. I’m thinking its a lemon with a ton of issues.
See link

·
Registered
446 Posts
That car is roughly 61k USD. Have you had a PPI done yet?

Wheels look to have a bit of curb rash. Maybe it's just the pictures but the front bumper gap looks too wide? Is there a prior accident history?

Looks like it has aftermarket superleggera wing, sideskirts, and diffuser. Also has wheels off a newer Gallardo.

I'd check the Carfax and get a PPI at the very least before you buy.

Couple big items to check for: clutch life remaining and makes sure the lift system isn't leaking fluid. Both are sizeable repair costs that you can use to negotiate if needed.

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,484 Posts
Go with your gut feeling and search for a better car. Cheap Lamborghinis are anything but. I have not looked at the listing but I’m just hearing your words in your post only. This is your 50th birthday present: do it right and have a reliable car and avoid the frustration if this thing may need major work.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,470 Posts
I am with you on this one, something must be wrong with that car. That interior alone would kill the deal for me. I don't think this is a good time to buy, I would wait at least 6 months and then look for a nicer car with less miles.

·
Registered
SL #7007
261 Posts
I have Carfax. No accidents, 16 service history records, 53 detailed reports, no on salvage/junk/rebuilt/fire/flood/lemon. Looks like it started in Florida, then Georgia, Arizona, California, lastly Canada. Lots of service done and things replaced but nothing crazy. Its hard driven though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
New engine seems odd no? Was it done by a reputable dealer. Think I’ll stay clear. Few bucks more and find something decent and yes interior isn’t doing it fir me

·
Registered
SL #7007
261 Posts
New engine seems odd no? Was it done by a reputable dealer. Think I’ll stay clear. Few bucks more and find something decent and yes interior isn’t doing it fir me
Sorry, not listed in CF so who knows who did it…..

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hello folks.
New to forum. Looking to purchase a Gallardo in the next couple years for my 50th birthday present to me. There has been one for sale locally to me but it seems really fishy. It’s priced pretty low in my opinion but has me winding if I should pull the trigger early. Seems to be missing information from its history. (Another member informed me ) I’ve tried contacting via email text and no response. I did get one response while ago. He said they can’t get the ad taken down but I see it gets reposted. The car I believe is an ex rental car. I’m thinking its a lemon with a ton of issues.
See link
link doesn't go anywhere

·
Registered
2011 LP560-4 Spyder / Blu Fontus
447 Posts
I have Carfax. No accidents, 16 service history records, 53 detailed reports, no on salvage/junk/rebuilt/fire/flood/lemon. Looks like it started in Florida, then Georgia, Arizona, California, lastly Canada. Lots of service done and things replaced but nothing crazy. Its hard driven though.
I figured somebody would have access to a real carfax. Trouble was the 'free' ones don't supply any history prior to the AZ and that leaves just about the first 10 years blank. Odometer is in Kilometers, so was that changed when it went to Canada, being it started in Florida? So really it's about 62,000 miles if that all adds up to make sense on the CF

1 - 15 of 15 Posts