Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I'm currently in the market to buy a 09+ Gallardo. I found an 14 automatic that I like but its been modified. Currently has a VF Tune, aftermarket wheels, custom audio and a custom exhaust from a fab shop. Should i stay clear from modified Gallardos? Would these additional modifications have a negative/damaging impact on the clutch/diff? Will a good PPI suffice or should i just stay away and focus on stock Gallardos? Sometimes its inevitable but I would definitely like to be prepared and know what I'm getting myself into. Someone I spoke with told me to definitely stay away because the tune will ruin the car but i feel like as long as the engine and clutch are still good I shouldn't worry much but I would like your opinions. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,195 Posts
I don't think any of those mods should qualify as a deal breaker. After all I would probably do them myself if they weren't done already. A tune can easily be brought back to stock with the stock file. It is really not a big deal and there is no warranty to violate. I put a tune on both my new Huracans in less than a month after I got them. It sounds like you would be getting a nice bang for the buck because the guy before did all the upgrades. If you like the car just get a proper PPI and make an offer.

·
Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think any of those mods should qualify as a deal breaker. After all I would probably do them myself if they weren't done already. A tune can easily be brought back to stock with the stock file. It is really not a big deal and there is no warranty to violate. I put a tune on both my new Huracans in less than a month after I got them. It sounds like you would be getting a nice bang for the buck because the guy before did all the upgrades. If you like the car just get a proper PPI and make an offer.
thanks for the response. I had the same thought but that statement came from a very reputable Lamborghini broker/dealer... will definitely need to have a good PPI done, there’s no local Lamborghini in that city but hopefully I find a good shop. Dealer offered to pay for the PPI but that seems suspicious.

·
Premium Member
16,195 Posts
I am not a fan of buying cars that have been installed with Twin turbo or any big mod like that, but a tune is nothing of concern. I would insist that I pick the company for the PPI. someone here might be able to help you find a good one in your area. What area are you in ?

·
Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The car I’m looking at is in Pennsylvania, the nearest lambo dealer is like two hours away I believe. Thank you for your help!

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,660 Posts
Hello All,
Someone I spoke with told me to definitely stay away because the tune will ruin the car but i feel like as long as the engine and clutch are still good I shouldn't worry much but I would like your opinions. Thank you.
I have wrestled with the idea of a VF tune but hesitate because I also am worried about the long term impact but there are others that feel that it's not a problem. To be honest, I would love the extra ponies from the VF tune though. If you really like the car get a PPI, and if it comes back okay then it boils down to the risk/benefit analysis. Understanding you make the best decision you can but there will never be absolute certainty........on some level it will be a leap of faith. Good luck!

·
Vendor
2,579 Posts
The car I’m looking at is in Pennsylvania, the nearest lambo dealer is like two hours away I believe. Thank you for your help!
Where in PA? I'm in PA.

·
Vendor
2,579 Posts
Ah ok, that's 3 hours from me. If I was closer I'd go take a look for ya.

·
Premium Member
16,195 Posts
Mine is just a little modified. I think it’s actually a good thing.
That almost sounds like straight pipes. Great sound and I do miss it.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Honestly, I used to think it is better to buy an unmodified car but now I realize you save more money to buy a reasonably modified car. It is going cost you more to put in the exhaust...

·
Vendor
2,579 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts