Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a Gallardo, lot of questions about best way to do it.

1) Is authorized dealer important? I'm talking to Manhattan Motorcars.

2) Is a preowned one with a few miles a better investment? I found an '04 with only 870 miles on it, pearl yellow E-gear, for like $150,000 / lease assumption at $3600/mo, 2k fee, and no taxes - (75k buy at end of lease).

3) How important is the warranty? Exotics dont really come w/good warranties, but am I gonna have to make a lot of repairs after 2 years?

4) Is the Piton gonna be more valuable long term?

Thanks for the help everyone, I'm hoping to hop into a G-car ASAP!

·
Registered
29 Posts
1. Authorized dealer is considered a plus, but I really am indifferent. I stay away from dealers that are non-exotic dealers because I find they tend to get the exotics with problems and sell them at a discount for a reason. So if the dealer has only 1 gallardo and thats it, look elsewhere. My opinion only.

2. IF you can call it an investment. A preowned '04 is better because it will depreciate less than a new '05. I am surprised at the steep discount on some of these '04s. Now the 05 did have some neat new extras (like the front bumper lifts up) and 06 will have a bigger engine, but the discount price on the 04 is a huge plus.

3. The warranty is only 2 years, but we are talking MY2004, the car is still new. If it goes out of warranty soon I wouldnt worry about it. When it gets 8 years old, then maintenance is something to consider.

4. Yes, but in 6-10 years a 06 Gallardo might be $100k and a 06 Piton $110k. I dont think the premium of a Piton vs Gallardo will ever increase.

If you can afford it easy, buy what you like. But if you want it somewhat affordable, find a 2004 with 5k miles. I think they are a great car (good for 80k+ miles easy) and I dont see them going below $100k for a long time

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
I have NEW and USED available....call me get you the best deal in the USA.........PERIOD!!!!

RoyToy2003 1-206-396-5059 :wave:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Buy a new one

I purchased a new Gallardo from Lamborghini bergen County last week. Great people great dealer great experience. If you are interested ask for Marchello.

·
Registered
377 Posts
buy from Roy

I can tell you, I've seen Roy's cars, driven a couple of them, you won't get a bad deal....if you want a buy a Lambo go see Roy...I'm trying to sing it here and it's not having the same effect...

Kaoss

1 - 7 of 7 Posts