Lamborghini Talk banner

SHIRAKIPHOTO: Lamborghini Murciélago LP670-4 SuperVeloce (Bianco Canopus)

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  jstrat85 
#1 · (Edited)
This is my first post here so I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Jordan Shiraki and I'm an automotive and high fashion photographer based out of Las Vegas and Hawaii.

My complete portfolio can be viewed here: home

But the real reason I'm here is because I was just got picked up by lamborghini to start photographing for them. Lamborghinis have always been my favorite car (with the exception of the Pagani Zonda) and the SuperVeloce in matte white is simply hard to beat. It is an absolutely stunning car from every angle and would like to share with you the pictures I took this past weekend.

I hope you enjoy them and thanks for looking.

See less See more
#2 ·
I was limited to 10 images so here are the remaining two:

I also just started a blog with a ton of behind the scenes stuff that you may find interesting.

Theres videos, pictures, and I talk about how I landed the job, my shot list, how I do things, and how I was forced to graduate from days of guerrilla style photoshoots...

Be sure to check it out!

I would love to hear your feedback/comments regarding the pictures. Thanks in advanced.

#7 · (Edited)
Thanks! And yes the SV in white would be my color of choice :D

Nice pics, except for the two where your depth of focus was about 1" deep. I realize you did that on purpose and assume you thought it was "artsy" to have the logos blurred, but you know what they say about art and the eye of the beholder. Me, I would have shot it at whatever f-stop would have put the whole logo in focus, but not the surrounding area. I don't consider myself a professional photographer; I do it merely to illustrate the articles I write, but since I've had roughly 27,000 pictures published in national magazines, I suppose that makes me some sort of a half-ass pro.
That bothered me as well. Thats why if you look at my shot list one of my things to remember was 'watch your f-stops!" lol. I decided to use the pictures anyway because I figured the Lamborghini logo is as iconic as it gets and even if its blurry, I thought people would be able to figure out what it was.

27,000 pictures published and not a professional? Geez I don't know if anyone can be considered a professional if you're not...
And I'm by no means a professional photographer. I've only taken 1 photography class and that was back in high school. Since then I've acquired a degree in biological sciences and am currently in the process of applying to dental school. I just shoot cars and high fashion on the side for a little added income. ;)

But thanks everyone for the response!

#4 ·
Dof

Nice pics, except for the two where your depth of focus was about 1" deep. I realize you did that on purpose and assume you thought it was "artsy" to have the logos blurred, but you know what they say about art and the eye of the beholder. Me, I would have shot it at whatever f-stop would have put the whole logo in focus, but not the surrounding area. I don't consider myself a professional photographer; I do it merely to illustrate the articles I write, but since I've had roughly 27,000 pictures published in national magazines, I suppose that makes me some sort of a half-ass pro.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.