Lamborghini Talk banner

Which car would you rather have in your garage?

• LP700-4 Aventador

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • LP670-4 SuperVeloce

Votes: 14 50.0%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been waiting for almost an entire year now and with all the delays and set backs, it finally happened.

Getting a brand new Aventador and Murciélago SV both in rare Bianco Canipus is quite a difficult feat. Not to mention getting security clearance/permits for a shoot at a very secure Las Vegas location on 9-11.

We got stormed on, the cars were muddy, it was looking like the day would be a disaster but my team pushed through and I believe we pulled off one of my best photoshoots to date.

Hope you enjoy the set and as per many previous requests, I included free high res files for your desktops for the lambo-talk community.

wallpaper 1

wallpaper 2

wallpaper 3

wallpaper 4

wallpaper 5

wallpaper 6

wallpaper 7

wallpaper 8

wallpaper 9

·
Registered
277 Posts
Great pics, I've been waiting for someone to do some side by side shots.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Sweet! Great work. Strange how when you see the Aventador in person, it doesn't seem as large as the Murci...can't explain it.

Gotta say, though, the 670 SV is such a badass car...I think it trumps a base Aventador. When they eventually make an Aventador SV, that car will be one of the best cars of all time.
I agree.

Btw, congrats on being feautured on Autoblog! And you've successfully changed my background wallpaper :)

Dueling Lambos: Aventador and Murc meet for amazing photoshoot

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Am I an Idiot to say that I like the Murcie ALOT more?
Nope :) I can understand that. The back end of the SV is bliss. Just keep in mind you're comparing an final-generation car with a first-gen one. Personally, I think the relatively small changes in the SV really is what makes the Murci oustanding. Can't really go wrong between these two, though.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
During the day of the photoshoot I was able to drive both the Aventador and the Murc SV while pushing both at their limits.

The Aventador is blisteringly fast and nimble for such a large car. HOWEVER, I missed the creaks, rattles, and unadulterated rawness of its predecessor especially in SV form.

I did hard pulls with 100% input 0-xxxmph in both cars and the Avendator's exhaust note is far superior sounding like a choir of demons.

And while they both give you the sense of being strapped to a missile with you holding on for dear life, the SV is the one that'll make you crap your pants. And I guess thats why I chose the SV in the poll.

However, at Lamborghini Las Vegas during the shoot, our team was torn exactly 50/50 on which car we'd get and its funny because here on lambo talk we too are torn exactly in half at 7 vs 7 as well haha.

Does anyone else have any feedback as to why they chose each car?

·
Registered
245 Posts
During the day of the photoshoot I was able to drive both the Aventador and the Murc SV while pushing both at their limits.

The Aventador is blisteringly fast and nimble for such a large car. HOWEVER, I missed the creaks, rattles, and unadulterated rawness of its predecessor especially in SV form.

I did hard pulls with 100% input 0-xxxmph in both cars and the Avendator's exhaust note is far superior sounding like a choir of demons.

And while they both give you the sense of being strapped to a missile with you holding on for dear life, the SV is the one that'll make you crap your pants. And I guess thats why I chose the SV in the poll.

However, at Lamborghini Las Vegas during the shoot, our team was torn exactly 50/50 on which car we'd get and its funny because here on lambo talk we too are torn exactly in half at 7 vs 7 as well haha.

Does anyone else have any feedback as to why they chose each car?
There was a black (not matte) SV on ebay a couple of weeks ago. That car sealed it for me.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Amazing photoshoot!! Love the location aswell :D

For me it HAS to be the 670-SV, I love the Aventador but theres just something about the SV that I love :cool:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My buddy Apolo Ohno was in town and wanted to take the new Aventador for a spin so I took him for a test drive.

I think he liked it. lol

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Haha on those last few. Apollo's been noted on here in the past thanks to Roy.

I chose the SV because it just seems more visceral. Funny the differences you noted between the 2 generations of cars is the same way that the step from the Diablo to the Murcielago was described. I'd still rather have a 6.0 over either one.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts