Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am looking at purchasing a Murcielago up in Edmonton, Canada. I have a few questions if anyone has a second to chime in. I know about the import fees, but don't have a good basis to guess on shipping costs. I am located in Louisville, KY so the trip would be a long one. I would also require enclosed transportation the entire way. What companies have you guys used that you liked? How much do you guys think shipping the car will cost me? I know the width of the Murcie can be an issue with some transporters, but I would imagine that any company that specializes in exotics would be able to handle the width issue. Any responses and/or advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Thank you,

Aventador97

·
Registered
6 Posts
Many companies have calculators for which you can calculate prices or articles about it. As for duties, I think you can check with company managers.

·
Registered
288 Posts
First, if it’s a Canadian car, not certified to US standards, NHTSA requires That you hire a Registered Importer (RA) to certify that the vehicle conforms to all applicable federal motor vehicle safety standards and is eligible for importation.

After that criteria is satisfied, and the vehicle reaches the States, the RA must retain custody for 30 days or until the NHTSA has released a bond that the RA has to post at the time of entry.

Also, there is a plethora of paperwork that has to be completed, submitted and approved. Shipping is the least of your worries when considering the purchase and importation of a Canadian car not certified to US standards.

I went through it; however I paid Roy at Cats Exotics a small fee and he handled all the logistics. The only downside for me was the wait- 60 days. Well worth the wait considering the dollar savings associated with currency exchange rates.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts