Lamborghini Talk banner

Shifting problem, manual

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Stimpy 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I have recently bought a LP640, 06, manual.
It has been my dream car for a long time and finally I got approval from my wife!
Since I dont have experience from a Lamborghini before (i also have a Corvettes C7 Z06, manual) I want to ask you about the gearbox.
When I shift gears in normal speed and revs, it all goes very smooth
but if I "rev" it high, appr. 7000rpm or more, in 2nd gear it does not go smooth at all in 3rd gear. I have to be very gentle to put in especieally in 3rd and also in 4th and a bit in 5th.
The mileage is 22300.

Does anyone have experience about above problem?

Kind regards
Magnus

#2 ·
Welcome to the ring!
I dont have experience of this in a Lambo, but I had exact same thing happen in a Ferrari 360. I had to adjust the cable between the Gbox and the shifter by trial and error until the shift smoothened.

On the ferrari, cables are accessible by removing the tunnel cover, you set the backward/forward cable to centre the lever in the middle of the gate (when in neutral). Then on the other cable, you then try one turn in a direction. If it's better, keep going a turn at a time. If worse, reverse the direction.

Hope this helps.

#3 ·
You're going to have to be much more gentle with the Murci shifter than a C7Z.

All of my Murci's have had some resistance going into second and you can feel the gear let the lever into position, but it is usually cruising speed. I've found it's very precise at high RPM.

A gearbox oil change might help out your symptoms.

#4 ·
Every gear is absolutely butter smooth at high RPM for me.
Smooth to a level that it's actually shocking and extremely rewarding. It reminds me of a 997 GT3RS w/ the light weight flywheel at high RPM.

1-2 is notchy until warm.
The service manual details how to adjust the shift linkage. Fluid change would be called for as well. If it's not grinding audibly, then hopefully there isn't any mechanical damage. I honestly have yet to hear of a manual murci gearbox failure. I'm sure it's happened to someone, somewhere, but it certainly is not a common issue to say the least.

#5 ·
Hi,

My problem is solved a while back but i thought you would want to know what solved my issue.
It was more or less time to chnage the clutch so they did that and also lokked for my problem.
I cant remember the absolute detail but the problem was some kind of seal that didn´t hold the pressure enough when i pressed the clutchpedal.when shifting gear.
It all works perfect after the repair😀

/Magnus

#6 ·
Hi,

My problem is solved a while back but i thought you would want to know what solved my issue.
It was more or less time to chnage the clutch so they did that and also lokked for my problem.
I cant remember the absolute detail but the problem was some kind of seal that didn´t hold the pressure enough when i pressed the clutchpedal.when shifting gear.
It all works perfect after the repair😀

/Magnus
That would either be the master cylinder or the hydraulic throwout bearing. The master cylinder is medium easy to change, but the throwout bearing is engine out.

You can test for clutch dragging by lifting the car off the ground, starting the car, putting it into 1st gear and holding the clutch pedal down. If the hydraulics aren't holding the pressure to keep the clutch disengaged, the wheels will start to turn.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.