Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,
I am interested in hearing any advice for service providers that may be near me. It's specifically for door alignment. I have looked and spoken to many shops locally (Reno,NV) in hopes of finding an experienced individual for this job and have come up short.
Many have offered to attempt (hard pass) and one shop claimed to have experience. I basically gave them $725 for very little, including chipped paint. I marked and adjusted the striker myself with far better results. Lesson learned there.

The car was repainted several years ago and the weatherstripping between the windshield frame, roof, and door was not put back on. I have since purchased it and found that the doors need to be removed to effectively install (rivet at one end). The door removal and alignment is not something I will attempt myself.

I've considered gluing the stripping on and omitting the rivet but am concerned that there is a load on it and the rivet will keep it in place.

Thank you.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Is this for a Roadster or for a Diablo Coup?
For Diablo Coup you can string the door up in open position from the roof to balance the door then loosen the 4 bolts on the underside of the hinge push the door forward or backwords then tighten the screws. Might have to do it several times to align. Hope this helps. I would recomend taking it to Steve at Driven Exotics in Gilroy, CA just south of San Jose, Ca

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's for a 95 coupe. Thank you for the vote of confidence that I could do the adjustment but I'm going to avoid the whole process of removal and reinstall.
I'll look them up, thanks! I have been to Rossi in SJ but really know nothing of their work. -he was selling a Gallardo I had interest in at one time.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, fellas! It's a bit of a haul to get there but I may pull my car down there to drop during some winter months.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.