Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys -

I'm enjoying very much my 2003 Murcie... i just gave a neighbor a ride down to Issaquah tonight and had him squealing like a little school girl. And that was before he even sat in the thing! :)

I bought the car with 6700 miles on it and have put about 400 miles on it already. The car had an oil change before I took delivery. What maintenance do I need to do on the car? How often do I need to get the oil changed, what other major service should I be thinking about? Anything else I need to be concerned about?

The car I bought has an after-market stereo system in it with XM radio. I can't find a CD changer anywhere in the car and think he may have taken it out (as there is a single CD in the deck.) Where was the original CD changer supposed to be in the car? In the trunk?

Thanks guys for helping with all of my niave questions!

Roy, I'm heading out of town for a week but want to hookup for lunch when I get back!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Where are the pictures????

Congradulations with your new gal.

03 with with now 7100 miles....... the best advice I can share is stretch her legs a bit and drive her. She will reward you with miles of smiles.

Serivice intervals as I recall are 12000 miles but refer to the owners manual and if for some reason you did not get one with the car order one. Many bits of triva throughout.

As for the aftermarket stereo; you are on your own.

Here is a basic outline of the 12000 mile service.

Replace the following;

oil/filter or every year
Brake/clutch fluid or every year
A/C dust filters or at least every two years

Add to this a full inspection of all all other fluids, suspesion mounting points, shifter, etc....... but as I stated it is in the owners warranty/service booklets.

BTW, what is the in service date? Is there still factory warrabty remaining?

Again, have great and enjoy the Murci experience.....

Shadowman

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
My factory CD changer is installed in a compartment directly behind the passenger seat.

Post some pictures of your car in the "Garage Section".

Happy driving.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info!

I'll get some pics posted soon! I haven't taken any yet :(

What type of oil does the car take anyway?
I'll make sure I check the oil about every 2 fill-ups.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
You'll need theOwners Handbook for plenty of details even for the basics like checking the oil, because Murci's have a certian procedure that must be followed in order to get the correct and accurate readings.

As far as oil type, refer to the last Oil Change RO and use the same type of oil that it was last filled with. In emergencies by all means add any oil, but it's strongly reccomended not to mix & match oil types .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts