Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at an 07 Gallardo and I noticed on the service records report almost all of its service has been preformed by an Audi dealership. Is it ok to have these cars serviced by Audi since they have so much Audi tech? If so, that’s a big positive as I’m a couple hundred miles from the nearest Lamborghini dealer.

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
100% Perfectly fine as audi is lamborghini and lamborghini is audi - go figure.

I can't even stress how many times I've been to the audi dealer here in New York City to get lamborghini parts. (Yes I said that right hahaha)

Good luck on getting that 07.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Kind of...there are some Audi dealerships that are familiar with Lamborghinis to some extent, and others that have never touched one and probably shouldn’t. Just call and talk to one of their techs. It is definitely not something that would concern me though when looking at the vehicle’s service history. Either way none of them will have LARA software for a Gallardo for things like clutch snaps and egear issues.

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Major and technical issues no. You would want a factory Lamborghini trained technician.
The head mechanic at corsa motors in NJ, a shop that only deals in exotic vehicles (rollsroyce lambos bugattis ferraris mclarens etc) is not a Lamborghini factory trained tech and he has rebuilt and dealt with thousands of lamborghinis. From engine overhauls down to installing TT kits and so on... Just saying.

Rob Ferretti actually services and mechanics all his exotic cars there.

Look at thier IG: Login • Instagram

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
The head mechanic at corsa motors in NJ, a shop that only deals in exotic vehicles (rollsroyce lambos bugattis ferraris mclarens etc) is not a Lamborghini factory trained tech and he has rebuilt and dealt with thousands of lamborghinis. From engine overhauls down to installing TT kits and so on... Just saying.

Rob Ferretti actually services and mechanics all his exotic cars there.

Look at thier IG: Login • Instagram
That's a major difference from going to an Audi dealership. A specialty shop that has experience working on Lamborghini's should be fine. Agree.

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
That's a major difference from going to an Audi dealership. A specialty shop that has experience working on Lamborghini's should be fine. Agree.
Oh you're right.

None the less, I wouldn't do an overhaul at any Audi dealer.. to be honest not any dealer at all.

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
Oh you're right.

None the less, I wouldn't do an overhaul at any Audi dealer.. to be honest not any dealer at all.
Agree and why risk it? We have a shop in Dallas that would qualify for major work just as well as the dealership. Everything being equal I prefer the dealership. As time goes on these cars are becoming more special and rare. Why take a chance? Those that are far from qualified service do have an issue and hassle getting competent and qualified service.

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
I just avoid dealers because of the prices. Nothing personal.

I just had an engine rebuilt here in NYC on a prelp gallardo at a shop called giannetti performance.

Said to be one of the best mechanics on the east coast. (he is factory trained though Lol)

·
Registered
3,693 Posts

I just had an engine rebuilt here in NYC on a prelp gallardo at a shop called giannetti performance.

Said to be one of the best mechanics on the east coast. (he is factory trained though Lol)
If the cost is close the dealership. Big difference in price the qualified shop. Makes sense.

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
If someone wanted to get an oil change at an Audi dealership for an LP, ask them how many drain points there are. If they do not say seven you have the wrong dealership.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Kind of...there are some Audi dealerships that are familiar with Lamborghinis to some extent, and others that have never touched one and probably shouldn’t. Just call and talk to one of their techs. It is definitely not something that would concern me though when looking at the vehicle’s service history. Either way none of them will have LARA software for a Gallardo for things like clutch snaps and egear issues.
When my LP is due for a brake fluid replacement (every other year) and an oil change I take it to George Evans in Columbus, Ohio. Probably more experience working on Lamborghinis than some Lambo dealers. Yes, I drive it there and back the same day. I'll admit it's partially a social visit because I've known George and Tim for years and it's an enjoyable drive. The years it only needs an oil change it goes to an Audi dealership here in Pittsburgh. Here's the key: Take it to an Audi dealership that has an R8 certified technician. Not all Audi dealers have them. No problem for minor work if the tech is certified but anything related to computers or egear calibration as noted above will require a LARA system only available at a Lambo dealer or a REALLY qualified independent shop.

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
If the brake fluid is tested for moisture percentage and not an issue and the fluid is not dirty or contaminated why would you flush the system and replace the fluid? Factory trained tech at Lamborghini Dallas dealership changes it based on the condition not a time table that may not apply to everyones use of their car after warranty is out? Do what makes sense not the proposed factory schedule that may not apply. They factory bases that schedule on the most extreme use and everyone does not drive their car at that level. This applies to plugs, oil change, filters and such.

·
Registered
712 Posts
If the brake fluid is tested for moisture percentage and not an issue and the fluid is not dirty or contaminated why would you flush the system and replace the fluid? Factory trained tech at Lamborghini Dallas dealership changes it based on the condition not a time table that may not apply to everyones use of their car after warranty is out? Do what makes sense not the proposed factory schedule that may not apply. They factory bases that schedule on the most extreme use and everyone does not drive their car at that level. This applies to plugs, oil change, filters and such.
Yes, this is true. But having bought and sold many cars in my lifetime from daily drivers to hobby cars, I have found that handing a potential buyer a complete service record showing that all maintenance was done per the factory recommendation has enabled me to realize a much higher sales price than just saying "Yeah, all the maintenance was done when the car needed it." Is it overkill? Probably. I can tell you that the synthetic oil that comes out of the Gallardo each year looks and feels like it could go into my daily driver and run another year with no issues. But changing oil and brake fluid is relatively cheap insurance and peace of mind to keep those systems operating as they should in addition to the added value when the car is sold.

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
That is true especially if thinking of resale for most potential buyers. For me I am just trying to be practical. It's all good.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I visited our local Audi dealer, which is a very capable premier dealership, but they almost never see any Lamborghinis and do not have LARA, etc.

Regarding the comments on frequency of fluid changes, you never want to run bad oil in your engine. That means you want to change your oil, brake fluid, etc. when the fluid is still good. Even if you do not see dirt or moisture in the brake fluid, change it at least every two years to keep the system clean and reliable. I change brake fluid annually using Castrol SRF as I also do track driving. I don't even own a moisture gauge. Oil and filter annually 5-6k miles, and plugs every 3-4 years. I clean the air filter twice a year.

·
Registered
469 Posts
When my LP is due for a brake fluid replacement (every other year) and an oil change I take it to George Evans in Columbus, Ohio. Probably more experience working on Lamborghinis than some Lambo dealers. Yes, I drive it there and back the same day. I'll admit it's partially a social visit because I've known George and Tim for years and it's an enjoyable drive.
Evans has treated me great. Tim is top notch and very knowledgeable. It’s not a bad drive from Pittsburgh and I either take my wife or my mom so they can enjoy some shopping at Easton.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Evans has treated me great. Tim is top notch and very knowledgeable. It’s not a bad drive from Pittsburgh and I either take my wife or my mom so they can enjoy some shopping at Easton.
Where are you located? Hopefully George will resurrect his Labor Day Italian Gathering in 2021 and we can meet there if not sooner.

·
Registered
7 Posts

I know Jay Gianetti well - and he is by far of the most knowledgeable Lamobo techs I know. He essentially has a photographic memory and absolutely has OCD when it comes to his work!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know Jay Gianetti well - and he is by far of the most knowledgeable Lamobo techs I know. He essentially has a photographic memory and absolutely has OCD when it comes to his work!
Lambo that is!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts