Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
** yes I know with a screaming V10 you don't need to worry about car stereo quality but some people such as myself will use these cars for long road trips and sat on a motorway for 8 hours with nothing but the drone of the engine can be a bit monotonous even for the biggest V10 fan...**

So yeah, a big pre-purchase question for me ( as I couldn't try before ordering) was whether the Sensonum was worth the £ 2,520 upgrade price.

Reading online you get a lot of opinions raging from 'Sensonum sucks' to 'Sensonum is great' so I thought it might be useful for anyone in the same boat as me in the future to have a more objective investigation of Sensonum.

( btw I wouldn't consider myself an audiophile but I love great sounding , well produced music played through a decent system ( like everyone else..) and have spent 35 years recording, mixing & mastering studio and live music sound so it's definitely more than a passing interest for me..)

In the end I took the gamble and optioned Sensonum, and since receiving the car I've actually been quite happy with sound quality and capability so i was interested in carrying out some tests to see what it was actually doing; comprising:

Begringer ECM8000 mic on a small stand at ear level in the passenger seat.
Focusrite scarlet USB interface
True RTA software*
Pink noise file on iphone normalised to 0db

For these test the bass and treble were set flat on the car.

As you can see from the pink noise trace it's actually pretty reasonable frequency response - definitely biased towards bottom end of course - and actually there is a really decent amount of useable sub available with this setup.

Around 84% on the car volume = 90 / 91 db on the meter - I could not have tolerated this test without using hearing protection.
( cabin noise on the same meter is 61db at idle in Corsa)

I also ran some high volume tests using material I would use to test PA systems during setup, namely:

Fisher ' you little beauty'
Taylor Swift ' you need to calm down' - both those great for evaluating sub performance.
Abba - Knowing me knowing you - for all round musicality
Chaka Khan - 'aint nobody'
Sade - 'smooth operator' - both great for evaluating dynamics

So in summary, my findings would suggest:

Plenty of headroom,
Plenty of Sub capability
No audio compression at high volume.
No audible speaker breakup even under severe provocation

An in my personal opinion Sensonum is: it's a well-overpriced option , but a capable system.

I have not heard the stock system on a Huracan, but my greatest fear was that it might be anything like as bad as the Gallardo audio system - which was so bad it was unusable.

Of course these tests were conducted with the engine off - when it's up and running and you're laying the rubber road, - well ...all bets are off - as should be the stereo!

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
Thank you for this. I was leaning toward ordering the sensorum anyway, but feel better about it thanks to you.

I wish I had the knowledge to have done such an evaluation on my SVJ sensorum, as that, to me, sounded like crap with the engine off and completely unusable at any speed. To the point of disbelief.

Others have speculated about improper wiring from the factory, and other possible culprits, but I’ve since moved on.

Reactions: Rcasa20

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,062 Posts
Greatly appreciate your efforts. I think this will certainly help others when trying to make that decision, is it worth it or not. I’ve had both and I knew it was worth it to me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i produce music for hobby and been to a dealership and sat on both cars, with and without sensonum. (in that order).

I wasn't impressed by the sensonum audio, but when I sat down on the car with regular speakers, it immediately became a no-brainer optional for me. I'm a happy owner now.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,654 Posts
Well, having had the Base Sound System in my 2021 EVO :rolleyes:, and given aftermarket was not an option I wanted to pursue, Sensonum was OBLIGATORY.

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
Sensonum for the H isn't bad and at least Lambo upgrades the speakers. Sensonum in the Aventador recieves an upgraded amp but speakers remain the same as the stock system.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,654 Posts
Sensorium is not bad but, truth be told, for $3,800 USD they could place a little higher quality system in the Lamborghini. Heck, for some of us, a quality stereo would go a long way to further improve the brand appreciation. What has been the single greatest disappointment for me with the EVO is the quality or lack thereof, of the infotainment system. Unfortunately, it has become painfully clear that they know and knew of the infotainment systems shortcomings but unloaded it on their customers and now we each have to either accept it or struggle to get it to perform acceptably. A struggle, I might add, that has proven futile based upon my experience.

Reactions: Dee Zed

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
What has been the single greatest disappointment for me with the EVO is the quality or lack thereof, of the infotainment system. Unfortunately, it has become painfully clear that they know and knew of the infotainment systems shortcomings but unloaded it on their customers and now we each have to either accept it or struggle to get it to perform acceptably.
Hypnotherapy is looking to be a viable option for the trauma Lambo has inflicted upon us with this system.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.