Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, after securing my build spot for my STO, I am regretfully selling my 2021 EVO. Only put 1k miles on the car but STO is being built right now and wife has this ridiculous rule about buy one, sell one. She insists that I agreed to this requirement and when I suggested we enact a similar policy for ladies handbags….well basically, we now both agree that I should sell it. So I’ve put it up on bring a trailer if anyone is interested:

Thanks for looking. I’m going shopping for handbags now, lol.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
when I suggested we enact a similar policy for ladies handbags….well basically, we now both agree that I should sell it.

Thanks for looking. I’m going shopping for handbags now, lol.
You lost before you started
Glws

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,062 Posts
That is a beautiful EVO and that current bid is low, this car should sell quickly.

Reactions: Turbo Racer

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
My wife used to carry my nuts around in her handbag too.

J/K!! (Had to put this part in case she reads this)

In all sincerity, good luck with selling this beautiful beast and enjoy the hell out of the incoming one!

Reactions: Rcasa20

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My wife used to carry my nuts around in her handbag too.

J/K!! (Had to put this part in case she reads this)

In all sincerity, good luck with selling this beautiful beast and enjoy the hell out of the incoming one!
Haha. Funny! My nuts are parked right next to my wallet — In her purse. Lol. All kidding aside. Never thought I’d sell the car but I do have an STO on the way and I can’t keep both. We will see what the market will bear.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,654 Posts
OP, what offer did your dealership make? I ask because my dealership bought back my 2021 EVO with 1750 miles for full MSRP + 17K tax savings to be applied to my 2022 EVO order.
In any event, good luck with the sale, sharp looking EVO!

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,062 Posts
OP, what offer did your dealership make? I ask because my dealership bought back my 2021 EVO with 1750 miles for full MSRP + 17K tax savings to be applied to my 2022 EVO order.
In any event, good luck with the sale, sharp looking EVO!
Yes that’s a great question. Your dealer might give you more right now than you can sell it for on auction.

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes that’s a great question. Your dealer might give you more right now than you can sell it for on auction.
Definitely a possibility. I’m guessing that the market will basically determine what the car is worth and though I’ve never listed a car on an auction before, the process has been smooth and professional and confidence inspiring. I am pleased with things overall and we shall see how it turns out. i just love this car in black and the lines look so good. I believe Lamborghini got most everything right when they made this iteration of the Huracan and it’s just so much fun to drive.

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How can you tell if an bat auction has a reserve or not or do they all?
Most cars have reserves. If they don’t, this fact is often noted right in the first line. My car does have a reserve but I set it at a competitive price and I expect it will sell. Car is just awesome. I am definitely going to miss it

·
Registered
33 Posts
Most cars have reserves. If they don’t, this fact is often noted right in the first line. My car does have a reserve but I set it at a competitive price and I expect it will sell. Car is just awesome. I am definitely going to miss it
Does the buyer know when the reserve is met?

Thank you for the info. I placed a bid but doubt I’ll win. Good luck either way!

·
Registered
719 Posts
Wow, your EVO looks great in black! GLWS, I’m sure it’ll sell quickly.

As a ‘person in waiting’ for a STO, I didn’t notice too many people coming from an EVO.

Which begs the question…..what additional buttons do you expect the STO will push for you?

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey guys!!

thanks for all the great comments and interest. Today is the day the auction ends. There has been strong interest in the car and I believe it will sell. If you are on the hunt for a black beauty, this is the car! Here is the link for the car. Happy bidding!

As for what checks the boxes with my incoming STO? Easy. Car is spectacular aesthetically. Always wanted a perf and missed that boat and when I was offered an allocation, I jumped at it. This car looks amazing and I love the clamshell design, all the carbon fiber, the aero, etc. plus, I got to spec the car exactly how I wanted to. That said, if you like Huracans, the EVO is really amazing and you get about 95% of the performance and looks and will save well over $100k in the buying process. Happy bidding everyone!

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
In one of your replies on your auction you state: "Essentially, it has an Audi engine and Porsche pdk transmission with Italian design."

This is a common misconception about the Huracan.

Engine is originally designed/developed by Lamborghini and was later reworked and developed jointly with Audi AG in the 5.2 version. Current engine traces its roots back to the 5.0 V10 used in the Gallardo. The 5.0 liter traces its roots further back to the 3.9 V10 which was first developed by Lamborghini in 1988. It's a Lambo engine not the other way around.

The Porsche PDK transmission statement is also inaccurate.

·
Registered
719 Posts
In one of your replies on your auction you state: "Essentially, it has an Audi engine and Porsche pdk transmission with Italian design."

This is a common misconception about the Huracan..

The Porsche PDK transmission statement is also inaccurate.
Do you happen to know - is it a Getrag PDK in the STO?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Since the car didnt meet the reserve, what are you plans now with the car? are you going to trade it in? If so i wonder what the dealer will give.

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
I plan on trading mine in when my new 2022 gets here, being in MA with sales tax savings that gets me an extra $17k or so. Are you in CA? Don't think you get that there?

Reactions: wthensler
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.