Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Used car prices are crazy. I’ve got a 2017 avio se huracan (1 out of 250). I’m considering selling, but should I keep it with lambo announcing electrification of future models (will that cause significant depreciation/make it difficult to get parts in future or increase value) or is the time to sell now before it depreciates? I guess the question is should current lambo owners hold onto their cars or sell now to prevent significant depreciation—before lambo Introduces electrified motors. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,523 Posts
My opinion is that the electrification will increase the value of NA Lamborghinis'. Though, sold my 2021 EVO for full MSRP with 1750 miles so essentially an even swap for a 2022 model, ergo it's a good time to sell as well. TBH, I don't buy cars as investments rather I buy cars with money I made from investments but to each their own. Lastly, I will hold on to my 2022 EVO RWD simply because it is the last of the breed.

Reactions: zee

·
Registered
231 Posts
Agreed with above. Electric will help NA motors for sure!! Good time to hold yours unless you feel like your missing something then maybe switch it up. It may depreciate some at some point but highly doubt anything significant and over time it may go up or hold strong.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I've been toying with the same idea for my 08 Superleggera. I want to hold onto it because of its rawness but I also would like to try something new.

Good "problem" to have I guess.

·
Registered
577 Posts
My opinion is that the electrification will increase the value of NA Lamborghinis'. Though, sold my 2021 EVO for full MSRP with 1750 miles so essentially an even swap for a 2022 model, ergo it's a good time to sell as well. TBH, I don't buy cars as investments rather I buy cars with money I made from investments but to each their own. Lastly, I will hold on to my 2022 EVO RWD simply because it is the last of the breed.
Just out of curiosity, why would you sell and then buy the same car other than a year newer? No worries about GPF in 2022?

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,523 Posts
Just out of curiosity, why would you sell and then buy the same car other than a year newer? No worries about GPF in 2022?
Long story as to part one and as to part two the consensus is no GPF for the 2022 models.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Well since you’ve decided to sell, I do hereby admit I was the first one to sit in your car and play with the sport seats.......please don’t hate on me for it, as I will soon be a member of the Lamborghini family.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,523 Posts
Well since you’ve decided to sell, I do hereby admit I was the first one to sit in your car and play with the sport seats.......please don’t hate on me for it, as I will soon be a member of the Lamborghini family.
:giggle: I thought they looked a tad worn.

Reactions: wthensler

·
Registered
SL #7007
438 Posts
I've been toying with the same idea for my 08 Superleggera. I want to hold onto it because of its rawness but I also would like to try something new.

Dont do it!! lol....

Reactions: Bull>Horse

·
Registered
Huracan Performante Twin Turbo
1,316 Posts

Dont sell it...thee SLs can only apprcatite in vale

Dont sell it if you can. The SL's are sure to appreciate in the near future

·
Registered
138 Posts
When did you sit in them? I may have beat you to it.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,523 Posts
^^Man o man you guys had more seat time in my car then I did.

Reactions: Milazzo

·
Registered
2021 Huracan Evo RWD Spyder (ordered, April 2021 delivery)
352 Posts
I guess it depends on what you want. Albert’s strategy makes sense to me: trade your ‘21 for a new ‘22 that you spec your way. Long term do you want to keep your Gallardos or older Huracans forever? If so, then perfect. If not, what’s your end game? A newer NA Lamborghini? If you think a newer NA Lamborghini is the answer, I’d say trade now for a new car.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Sell? Nope, I don't know what I would get to replace it??? Pagani is a little out of my toy car $$$ range.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,523 Posts
Sell? Nope, I don't know what I would get to replace it??? Pagani is a little out of my toy car $$$ range.
What about an STO?

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,523 Posts
Alas, the Tesla has no soul.

Reactions: Cliff.1620
1 - 20 of 28 Posts