Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My daily check on Autotrader and I saw this. Anyone looking for a red HP? :love:

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,805 Posts
Wow those prices are climbing! Get em while you still can I guess.

·
Registered
Current: SVJ, Pista, Urus, G80 M3 | Previous: 610, 580, Performante, Aventador
1,640 Posts
Coupe prices will do better in the long run.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Prices on HP’s are crazy. Got mine in Sept. of 2019 with 900 miles on it for a lot less.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
6,374 Posts
Hmmmmmm I only have a base Huracan so I expect to lose money when I sell it but maybe I won't loss as much.

·
Premium Member
16,805 Posts
The overall Lamborghini market seems to be really high right now, especially the more limited edition models. Maybe people are sensing the end of an era?

·
Premium Member
6,374 Posts
The overall Lamborghini market seems to be really high right now, especially the more limited edition models. Maybe people are sensing the end of an era?
Could be but I think it's mostly the intersection of limited supply and COVID induced boredom.

Reactions: jmhodiak

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think Lambo2018 is right, the market has climbed in the last 6 months. Especially for premium brands - Aston, Audi R8, Lamborghini, etc. My plan is to buy at the end of the year but I may wait to see if pricing comes down. I keep reading about HP owners who got theirs for $50K less pre-COVID.

I’m not sure how accurate this is but:

Does anyone know of a reliable tool that tracks the market value? If not, I might make one. I own a software company and I know my Developers could design one.

Reactions: Lambo2018

·
Premium Member
6,374 Posts
@jmhodiak that's wise, I think patience is in order given how crazy the market is. I would also reach out to the Charlotte Lamborghini dealership and maybe they can help with your search.

Reactions: jmhodiak

·
Registered
104 Posts
Prices have definitely climbed. I stand to make money if I decide to sell my 610-4 (Something i am unlikely to do.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
351 Posts
I think Lambo2018 is right, the market has climbed in the last 6 months. Especially for premium brands - Aston, Audi R8, Lamborghini, etc. My plan is to buy at the end of the year but I may wait to see if pricing comes down. I keep reading about HP owners who got theirs for $50K less pre-COVID.

View attachment 294186

Does anyone know of a reliable tool that tracks the market value? If not, I might make one. I own a software company and I know my Developers could design one.
$50k is close.

·
Registered
80 Posts

View attachment 294186

Last year right before Covid hit a Verde mantis Performante coupe with 6k miles was for sale privately for less than $240k.

Had I known the market would've gotten this crazy I would've bought it LOL.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I have toyed with the idea of selling mine because I would not loose as much, but currently my car is at the dealer for it's annual wellness check(oil change) and I miss it. So not selling. Now my house on the other hand... the housing market for sellers is booming now. Houses are going for more than the asking price. Then again there is no place else I would rather live, so not selling house, not selling car, I'm good.

·
Premium Member
16,805 Posts
FWIW the vintage guitar market is also peaking. Agree about covid boredom + unspent disposable income.
I think people are looking for things to do that doesn't require exposing them to crowds.

·
Registered
Current: SVJ, Pista, Urus, G80 M3 | Previous: 610, 580, Performante, Aventador
1,640 Posts
HP prices won't drop because there's not many of them out there plus it's a very special model for various reasons. The likely scenario is the prices will go flat and start to creep up again once the V10 is replaced in a few years.

Another reason why the entire Lamborghini brand is on fire is because of the NA engines. There's owners of other brands who realize the days of the NA engines are almost over so they're buying up the special models. The SV is on fire, SVJ is creeping up again and STO allocations are hard to come by.

·
Premium Member
16,805 Posts
HP prices won't drop because there's not many of them out there plus it's a very special model for various reasons. The likely scenario is the prices will go flat and start to creep up again once the V10 is replaced in a few years.

Another reason why the entire Lamborghini brand is on fire is because of the NA engines. There's owners of other brands who realize the days of the NA engines are almost over so they're buying up the special models. The SV is on fire, SVJ is creeping up again and STO allocations are hard to come by.
Yes, you nailed it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts