Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Huracan Spyder LP-610
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

So I've never been able to find the best way to keep white seats from getting dirty/marks and staying white.

Was hoping if anyone has experience with keeping seats clean with some sort of protective spray, sealant, etc. If not any recommendations for high quality seat covers that will keep the car's presence still amazing?

Thank you in advance!
D6ACD33A-CBF4-42C7-B364-C6A015C1C755.jpeg
D6ACD33A-CBF4-42C7-B364-C6A015C1C755.jpeg
CB39E8DC-2A12-4707-B8D8-4A36986C84CB.jpeg
D6ACD33A-CBF4-42C7-B364-C6A015C1C755.jpeg CB39E8DC-2A12-4707-B8D8-4A36986C84CB.jpeg

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
15,896 Posts
I remember someone said to never wear levis on white seats as they will show blue after a while. Leather needs to breathe so any kind of protectant might not be good idea. I would probably put a thin towel of some kind on mine when I am sitting on it. I know that is not very appealing. Maybe someone has found a way to keep them white. Most leather cleaners should be able to remove normal staining. I love Zaino Z10 Leather in a Bottle and their Z9 Leather Cleaner .

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,114 Posts
Is that Alcantara or leather it's hard to tell? My wife usually makes a thin cushion with fabric that I lay on the seats of cars to avoid clothing dye transfer and it works great. If it's leather use what Russ recommends but if it's Alcantara and needs to be cleaned use Sonax.

·
Premium Member
15,896 Posts
Is that Alcantara or leather it's hard to tell? My wife usually makes a thin cushion with fabric that I lay on the seats of cars to avoid clothing dye transfer and it works great. If it's leather use what Russ recommends but if it's Alcantara and needs to be cleaned use Sonax.
I think it is leather, at least by looking at the armrest I would say leather. I want to check into the OEM Lamborghini seat covers for mine.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,114 Posts
Nice seats but man o man they are the brightest white I have ever seen. They emit, what looks like, an angelic white glow............:cool:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I remember someone said to never wear levis on white seats as they will show blue after a while. Leather needs to breathe so any kind of protectant might not be good idea. I would probably put a thin towel of some kind on mine when I am sitting on it. I know that is not very appealing. Maybe someone has found a way to keep them white. Most leather cleaners should be able to remove normal staining. I love Zaino Z10 Leather in a Bottle and their Z9 Leather Cleaner .
Dealer I purchased it from said you can use GTechniq L1 Leather Guard. Here’s a picture he sent me.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,309 Posts
The seats in the 488 I just got rid of were light and I worried about that. When I bought car I asked my detailer about what can be done and he said he would apply something to it that he said would make it easier to clean. Also from talking to people if you are going to wear jeans wear ones that have been washed a number of times and that helps to prevent running. For the most part I wear shorts when in car so really was no issue, to me that is best solution

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes Leather and thanks for the info!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think it is leather, at least by looking at the armrest I would say leather. I want to check into the OEM Lamborghini seat covers for mine.
Yeah you’re right. And I’ll check and see if they have anything at Lamborghini dealer for covers too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The seats in the 488 I just got rid of were light and I worried about that. When I bought car I asked my detailer about what can be done and he said he would apply something to it that he said would make it easier to clean. Also from talking to people if you are going to wear jeans wear ones that have been washed a number of times and that helps to prevent running. For the most part I wear shorts when in car so really was no issue, to me that is best solution
View attachment 290474
Thanks for the info! And nice looking interio!

·
Premium Member
1,309 Posts
I’ll do that..wear white shorts, sweat pants, white jeans and white suite. Thanks for your help. 🤦🏻‍♂️
It's really only jeans that have an issue with running

·
Premium Member
15,896 Posts
Dealer I purchased it from said you can use GTechniq L1 Leather Guard. Here’s a picture he sent me.
I’m not familiar with that product but with anything new, test a small area and makes you like it. I’m very fussy about the smell and the feel after applying a product. That’s why I went with Zaino it actually makes my leather smell more leathery and leaves no trace of the product.

·
Registered
Huracan Performante TT
1,158 Posts
you could get some customized seat cushions to sit on when you are wearing jeans etc

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Those seats are going to get dirty on a spyder no matter what keep spray cleaner and microfiber cloth in the car. I had a Ferrari California with cuioio seats I was wiping them down after every drive with the top down. Good luck!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Sadly, it's a sort of pick your poison situation, as there's no clear ultimate thing to go to for this. You can use interior protectants, but you'll have to be vigilant in applying and cleaning when necessary every once in a while. Not to mention, the residue could end up on your clothes (usually not hugely noticeable, depends on product), as well when the interior heats up in the sun these chemicals tend to rise and stick to the windshield and other surfaces.

Other than that, it's just not using the car too much and detailing once you spot a blemish.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I was thinking the same thing who in the hell actually buys white seats if they are driving the car or planning to put any real type of milage on the car.
White seats and black cars are two things on my definitely not list.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts