Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there, have an evo awd arriving in about 8 weeks and looking for options here.

regret not doing this on some previous cars but dont know the products well enough.

scrape armor looks neat, and I dont mind the drilling but no real photos of it on Huracans when not on a hoist. have searched here for pics but alas mostly adds and some pics of other solutions.

keen to hear peoples experiences and see pics of installs (from normal viewing angles!)

I have gone the full spec option so have the body colour lower front diffuser in a light shade called verde artemis.

thanks

·
Registered
2021 Huracan Evo RWD Spyder (ordered, April 2021 delivery)
352 Posts
I can’t help with armor, just wanted to say I’m super excited for you Handbrake!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
6,576 Posts
I had SlipLo installed by the dealership when I bought my preowned 2019 580-2 and at the time it cost me $179 on Amazon and the dealership installed it as a courtesy. What I liked about SlipLo is it requires no drilling, the dealership techs said it was a breeze to install, and it was very reasonably priced. Would I repeat the install on other cars/Lamborghinis'? The answer is no. Given my driving patterns and experience with the Lamborghinis there was more than adequate clearance with the FAL so, for me at least, it was overkill.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I bought my skid plates from Shardul at Ultimate PD for $299. I activated the FAL and used a Rivet gun from Amazon to install the plates in 2 hours by myself.

I daily drive my H going in and out of angled driveways, parking garage entrances and exits, speed bumps etc.

I wanted a more durable solution than stick-on as in installing it only once and not having to worry about it again.

There have been rare occasions when I forget to activate the FAL and it's peace of mind that I have the skid plates there.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I am lowered - seriously lowered...I don't use those..it will lower your clearance height. I hit from time to time, but there is no damage...only a bit of scuffing. You will just hit / scrape more with them IMO

Reactions: Handbrake

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
good points, thanks everyone.

i should be ok with driving on the street but my local tracks have a few dips etc. which have caused me some grief previously. dealer assures me however its ok for those so might hold off and see how things go.

·
Registered
Huracan Performante Twin Turbo
1,245 Posts

i should be ok with driving on the street but my local tracks have a few dips etc. which have caused me some grief previously. dealer assures me however its ok for those so might hold off and see how things go.
When in Oz are you mate?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Brisbane. Anthony de zen is the dealer who I think you might know… i have heard of your car!

·
Registered
1,721 Posts

Good point with the track. An Autocross day with my car club was the impetus to install the skid plates back in 2019.

·
Registered
Huracan Performante Twin Turbo
1,245 Posts
Brisbane. Anthony de zen is the dealer who I think you might know… i have heard of your car!
Nice, yes I know Anthony. Never met him but spoken to him many times. Enjoy !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts