Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does all the knowledgable and intelligent people on the forum think about this?

Is it trying too much, or destroying/modding the Huracan too much, wannabe-style, or is it just cool and go do it?

I have not made up my own mind about what I think about it. I think we all understand that Lamborghini only put the scissor doors on the Aventador (and other V12s) by a good reason to differentiate the baby and the bigboy, and to ofcourse sell more of the Aventador but... still...

With the scissor doors its actually (if I get it right) a practical thing too - more convenient to get in/out of the car in narrow places and garages etc... or is it not?

·
Registered
2013 Gallardo - Final Edition
209 Posts
Here is what I think. First of all it look BADASS, I am not gonna lie... at least in the video, so I don't know how well it looks in person (gaps, how easy it opens/closes).

That being said, and to put it into a different perspective, it would be like if you bought a Jeep Wrangler SPORT and put RUBICON decals on the hood, that's how I see it.

I have a Gallardo and I wouldn't mind having scissor doors, especially because it is a pain in the ass to get in & out of the car in my garage but I wouldn't do it because it just doesn't belong to the car!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,677 Posts
I don't know but, I probably would not go that route but if it makes you or others happy then what the heck, do it. I have a question what is the pricing on this mod? It appears you can use both the standard and vertical door opening options according to your preference which is nice.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Since I yet do not have an Lambo of any kind (besides the ones on my work desk as inspiration), yet... but its coming. I just saw the video and Im thinking just like most of you - it does not belong on the Huracan...

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
A big no on doing that, it's as bad as people putting them on vettes

Reactions: goldlifter

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,677 Posts
I hear what people are saying that it looks somewhat out of place but that is only a problem if we are concerned with what others think. If OP likes it, then it's all good.

·
Registered
380 Posts
If you are impervious to the jokes/sneers at car shows or restaurants, then its your car and your right to do as you please. ANY Lamborghini attracts
a ton of attention regardless of the doors but nothing sways the attention faster from positive attention to negative attention than scissor doors on a non scissor door car. I am not condoning the sneers/negative reactions but rather telling you what to prepare for if you go down that road

·
Registered
SL #7007
1,021 Posts
I also go with NO. #1, I'm not a fan of scissor doors. Not because of looks, I think they are an icon to Lambo but the AV's and Mclaren's I've been in, for me it was a pain getting in and out. Plus, the wife said no because how is she supposed to get out of the car wearing a dress. She said she would be flashing everyone. LOL. #2, I just feel like Scissor doors are for V12's. I feel like its stealing character from another car when the H has its own character. #3, I feel like it cheapens the car. You see so many cars buying and putting these kits on vettes, camaros, chargers, etc. By adding this to a car that doesnt come with them, I feel like you now bunch the H into that category.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
I also go with NO. #1, I'm not a fan of scissor doors. Not because of looks, I think they are an icon to Lambo but the AV's and Mclaren's I've been in, for me it was a pain getting in and out. Plus, the wife said no because how is she supposed to get out of the car wearing a dress. She said she would be flashing everyone. LOL. #2, I just feel like Scissor doors are for V12's. I feel like its stealing character from another car when the H has its own character. #3, I feel like it cheapens the car. You see so many cars buying and putting these kits on vettes, camaros, chargers, etc. By adding this to a car that doesnt come with them, I feel like you now bunch the H into that category.
Cancelled my order.

·
Premium Member
2022 H EVO RWD on order
2,199 Posts
I see nothing wrong with the result of your #1. Does anyone else?

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
The doors appear to have to swing out quite a distance anyway so no real gain for the small garage / tight spaces scenario.. I would definitely pass..
I have seen these installed on a couple Huracans and they do not open like Lamborghini scissor doors, you first must pull open like a regular door and then lift up, looks lame. Also was in a shop when a set was getting installed and there was quite of bit of grinding being done so not sure how reversible it is

1 - 20 of 87 Posts