Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to let you know I fitted a complete scale with air lift instead useless Koni.

What a dream to drive drivers like my 964 with Bilstein PSS10

Worth every penny Just FYI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Real nice guys setup is awesome spend so much time trying to fix this Koni. . This kicks ass Check them out
Will grap some shorts when it’s next on the lift

·
Registered
503 Posts
How is the front lift controlled?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How is the front lift controlled?
Air lift with Compressor fitted in the front. Works great
The old Koni was always like do I lift or not scared it may break lol

·
Registered
140 Posts
Air lift with Compressor fitted in the front. Works great
The old Koni was always like do I lift or not scared it may break lol

So it actually works with the car’s existing lift system, using existing cabin buttons?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I considered this route but was afraid of compressor noise, assumed to be mounted in the front compartment?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dos make noise but not much and how often do you actually used the lift. I have used it 2 times.
Better to have something that works 24/7 with little noise the. Something that hardly works and breaks constantly.
You can leave the air lift out of the system not A necessity.
Just my thoughts.

Plus the suspension it self is much better and adjustable

·
Registered
505 Posts
What are the specific parts that you installed. I would love to see pictures and how it was done. My 91 did not come with the lift system in the front and I have damaged the front fiberglass fender 2x already. I would love to put this on my 91 Diablo. Please post pictures

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What are the specific parts that you installed. I would love to see pictures and how it was done. My 91 did not come with the lift system in the front and I have damaged the front fiberglass fender 2x already. I would love to put this on my 91 Diablo. Please post pictures
When i have time I will grap some pictures of the system
But in short it’s
4 rear shocks
2 front with air lift/ u can have without- work tons better then that silly Koni setup.
Control unit
Compressor
Some wires

Suspension is fully Height adjustable and soft/hard.

·
Registered
628 Posts
What about comfort? I would really love to have the possibility of a much softer ride for cruising, and also switching to some racemode with stiff setting. How about it?

·
Registered
344 Posts
What was the overall cost? I assume, ride height is kept as factory spec?

·
Registered
628 Posts
More info available already?.. I'm curious

And also curious if such a change would negatively affect the value of my car?

And btw, I saw the internals of the electronics of the shocks. Seems not unrepairable to me.

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,319 Posts
Roadsterman, you raise an interesting point about value. At this point, almost all Diablo’s shocks have failed and are not working to original factory specs. They’re not making them anymore and fixing them has been quite elusive if not impossible, so I’m not sure there would be a negative value in replacing them as noted in the thread above. Curious other peoples thoughts?

That said, I believe it was Mikael82 in Finland who took his shocks apart and tried to rework them? I recall it was not possible because, as I recall the motor was replaceable but the electronic interface to the shock control unit was somehow not possible. I’m curious if anybody has ever been able to rework them completely accurate back to factory specs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Curious about these as well ... I must have that only working system in the world then on a 6.0 ... my OEM still works fine, lift works and the struts adjust beautifully and I've got 87k km on the car. BUT I have a single leaking Koni shock and will use JC's seal kit to pull them off, strip them and rebuild, and have a local race engineer ready to help me.

BUT, my questions are simple for this Scale setup...

1. Total cost of materials? Plus fit.
2. Is the AIR LIFT system connected to the OEM LIFT button on the main dashboard? And if so, how?
3. Is the rebound adjustment / stiffness connected to the OEM electronic button in the middle console next to gear lever ... i.e. the 4 auto modes we have as standard? From the photos of the scale coilovers, it looks like they are adjusted from a turn-spindle on top of each strut?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts