1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Super expensive “Super Tuners”
Posted Nov 1, 2004, 11:15 AM ET by David Thomas
Related entries: Sports/GTs

As you stare at your own car languishing in the driveway, contemplating how you can swing the money for a new exhaust system for your daily driver, just imagine the price tag if you owned one of Italy’s finest. In this AutoWeek comparo to beat all comparos they actually take two handmade Italian masterpieces, not really “tuner” versions, and take them to task. But hey it’s a catchy headline. And who doesn’t want to read about the $596,000 Pagani Zonda Roadster and $419,250 Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster going head to head. The results? Owners of either win.

http://www.autoblog.com/entry/2241460724746782/

·
Registered
3 Posts
That one pic of both of those cars "rear" ends is just unbelievable. That is certainly a lot of ass. No man should have to make such a decision between those two cars. Just flatout wrong.

·
Registered
165 Posts
sk90077 said:
Pagani over Murci not over a Diablo. Just because it has a Lamborghini badge on it doesn’t mean that it’s the best
It does for me....I liek Zonda's but I would still take the Lambo with flying colors

·
Registered
464 Posts
It is and Im not a fan of the rear but Its the only new car that I would buy. It’s the only car made with that good old Italian Passion. Most cars now are just mass produces, cross platform, no soul cars.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Italian masterpiece, the Pagani has a Mercedes engine?!?! I know it is an Italian car but come on, the heart is not. And don't give me that Audi crap about Lamborghini(had to circumvent), the Murcie is 100 percent made in house in S'Agata. I will say this though, the Pagani is beautiful, it is just a shame that we have to let the gov interviene and cause us not to get cars like that here in the states. Hell, if they can bring the Lotus Elise here I don't see the harm. It is not like it will be in the hands of many.

Chris

·
Registered
464 Posts
I agree in the engine part but they aren’t forced to have to build a certain amount of cars and they don’t go cheap on anything because that would change the integrity of the car.
True because of that it might be the down fall of Pagani but making 40 cars a year or trying to push out 1500 to make the parent company money is 2 different things.
Its passion vs profitability

·
Registered
258 Posts
I like the Murcielago way better than the Zonda!

I don't like the external design of the Zonda. It's cheap 50's tail fins
and rocket packs! I think of SMURF every time I see it!

Anytime Baby!

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
chrislamborghiniatlanta said:
Italian masterpiece, the Pagani has a Mercedes engine?!?! I know it is an Italian car but come on, the heart is not. And don't give me that Audi crap about Lamborghini(had to circumvent), the Murcie is 100 percent made in house in S'Agata.
Chris
Stop dreaming, the entire chassis/roof section is delivered from 3rd party.
AC is german, brakes are brembo, Xenon-lights by ... and and and
Not a single car nowadays is made 100 percent in house, impossible!

what they really do is leather work, engine built up and puzzling the car together. I was there in 2001, 2002 and 2003 and know the factory.

On the Gallardo the amount of 3rd party labor is even higher, I heard the engines were delivered from Hungary from the Audi Engine factory.

·
Registered
464 Posts
raymond said:
Stop dreaming, the entire chassis/roof section is delivered from 3rd party.
AC is german, brakes are brembo, Xenon-lights by ... and and and
Not a single car nowadays is made 100 percent in house, impossible!

what they really do is leather work, engine built up and puzzling the car together. I was there in 2001, 2002 and 2003 and know the factory.

On the Gallardo the amount of 3rd party labor is even higher, I heard the engines were delivered from Hungary from the Audi Engine factory.

Was it like this before Audi?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts